Computer and Games Shops in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Good places to get hardware and software
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Computer and Games Shops
- G Force is good, then its the usual Game and Gamestation everywhere.
- buchanon galleries
- gamestation is cheap. G Force has some stuff thats hard to find but is more expensive
- Game, Gamestation, Barras etc. Vary in quality and respectability of goods.
- I like Game best for selection of PS2 games.
- Usual rubbish (HMV, Virgin etc.) but there is the Barras if you've got a chipped PS" or want a crackin game @ a fraction of the developing costs!
- Game has a number of branches. St Enoch's centre, Buchanan Street and Buchanan Galleries.
The Dragon and George is a Glasgow institution, it used to be across from the old C&A, but has been in Parnie Street near the Tollbooth. A good wee shop for the Dungeons and Dragons crowd. Tom the owner is a bit mad, but hes a laugh.
Static, in the Argyle indoor market sell a wide range of RPG and wargaming material, both new and used. They also sell a lot of card games. Well worth a look.
Gamestation, a relative newcomer to Glasgow is on Union Street down from G-Force, and sell console and PC games as well as DVD's.
G-Force, in Union Street have been there for ages, well worth a look.
- Granf Theft Auto Vice City is fucking amazing! I'm an addict
- big jims at the schipka pass gallagate in the barras....
- doon the barras
- CA Games, Games workshop.
- A1 books and comics in the argyle arcade in argyle street is the place to go for role-playing games. Other than that the afore mentioned george and dragon.
- G-Force in Union Street is always worth a lot. It's been there for a little while now.
Game in Buchanan street, the Buchanan Galleries and St Enochs Centres. There used to be one in Sauchiehall Street but it closed. Since all Electronics Boutique shops are changing to GAME, more might close.
- Havent a scooby doo apart from the Games Workshop on Hope Street which caters for nerdy Iron Maiden fans who look like Comic Book guy from The Simpsons.
- CA GAMES!!!!! best shop of evr owned by charlie! in decourceys arcade creswell lane glasgow , open 7 days a week!
- G-Force in Union street are good, plenty games and they always seem to have something new in.
- Electronics Boteque(sp?) can be found in Breahead. Games Zone, in Partick.
- electronic boutique....also for cheap and chipped games go to the 'Barras'
- theres a few geek comic stores for the springsteen fans of glasgow
- Static? That place off argyles street, that shoppin' place near marks n' sparks?
- there is a games shop in kilmarnock road
- GAME, Electronics Boutique, CA Games in De Courcys Arcade.
- there is loads of them there is 2 on Dumbarton Road aye and sell games and stuff
- I use Gamezone on Dumbarton Rd, Partick. Good selection for all modes, and there are plenty of wee computer shops nearby, also Comet, and you are not a kick in the jaxie from PC World Finnieston and the other shop On Argyle St facing PC world. You won't find a selection like this in many places.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board