Favourite Building in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
- Red Road flats - surely a long overdue candidate for listed status.
- Glasgow Uni Tower
- ma hoose
- loads of nice listed buildings in the merchant city. lots of modern centres as well, like the cineworld and buchanan galleries.
- kelvingrove art galleries
- Them all , glasgow has great architecture, that sounds so sad.
- Glasgow School of Art probably.
- Ma edifisheez .
Hey check out this cool recording studio in Glasgows Westend. We had a great recording session & payed a great price. Gotta be the cheapest.
GoGoStudios Multimedia email@example.com
For professionals & the creative on a budget!
- Abbotsford, its the heart of the co, haw haw haw.
- All of them.Glasgow has so many beautiful buildings especiall sandstion built ones in the center of town.Many of them have beautiful features such as statues and balconies. When you are in town,simply look up.
- The University is a good looking building
- The Mitchell Library is cool - inside, the architecture and finish has been beauifully maintained and the toilets in the old part of the building (Charing-X Side)are mad - a real step back in time.
- The statue on Royal Exchange Sq with the cone on it...timeless.
Princes Square shopping centre on buchanan street, both outside and in, has a great big peacock on the top.
- hunterian (i dont know how 2 spell it) is nice at nite
- There's loads of them , and they all cost a bomb to build back in the day when we Scots cornered the market in the slave trade .
- Glasgow Uni
- The Glasgow Museum of Modern Art on Queen Street.
- NONE WHATSOEVER
- Ibrox stadium!
- pool hall glasgow cross,,, caltonian club
- Glasgow Cathedral is lovely, as is the Kelvin Hall.
- Firhill stadium,Maryhill home of Partick Thistle
- LOOK UP, youll be amazed at some of the stuff is right above your head. Theres some really gothic shit going on. I love the Greek Thompson Church up on Park Circus...beautiful!!!
- The Garage. When you go in, you need to go up 3 huge flights of stairs just to reach the first floor. If you stand across the street, however, you can clearly see that it only has one level.
- Parkhead, Hampden and Firhill, but not Ibrox.
- kibble palace cause it has fish.
- my house ...... its always been famous!!!!!!
- Glasgow Uni
- Any of those big old houses along Great Western Road towards Anniesland!
- Lots of lovely buildings , just look up to see ornate carvings statues etc
- Princess Square, what a place!
- central. As it is the gateway out of Glasgow. BLISS***
- the cathedrial at the necroplips
- Ibrox Stadium
- It's got to be the MITCHELL LIBRARY!!!!!!!! Gorgeous ol' building, clean toilets, great resource for uni level students. Find some nice nursin'/biology students there once in a while......
- well the goth slash moshers slash skatboarders love the Goma, if the polis arent aboot
- Modern Structure - the new Virgin Cinema at the top of Renfield Street; Old Building - Th Corinthain Building, Ingram Street - nice now its been all cleaned up and opened as a bar/hotel/club thing.
- Central station.
- CELTIC PARK
and for all the rangers supporters that said they wanted to knock down Park Head , have a great time knocking down the shopping center .Right!!
- Parkhead, a class stadium for the 21st century.
- Do not visit the city without visiting the amazing Greek Thompson church on St Vincent Street.
- THE OLD TSB BUILDING
- the george hotel (a bit of trainspotting was filmed in there, you know) was great, just for its grottiness, it is however no more; leaving only glasgow uni to scare us with its cloisters after dark.
- Ibrox stadium is soooooo cool
- Glasgow University
- Ibrox much more classier than Parkhead
- Buchanan Galleries shopping mall it is so modern
- The Art School. Have you ever looked at the fucker??
- City Chambers
- Tonbridge Castle is quite impressive, and set in lovely grounds next to the river Medway.
- Heron House on Bothwell Street
- Luma Tower, the amazing white 30's style block overlooking the M8 on the south side (near Clyde Tunnel turnoff). This building has gone through every stage of evolution, from caravan salesroom (imaging two caravans perched precariously within the glass tower at the top of the building) to now-trendy residential flats. A gem of architecture which was saved from demolition three years ago...
- The one where the Kebab Palace is situated. Either that or KelvinGrove Galleries.
- Royal infirmary. Very gothic and mysterious.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-02-18
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board