Buskers, Street Entertainers in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- homeless people ask for spare change but really they already have 40 quid tucked into their sock
- just beggin to get sum pennys tae get us back oot fae the toon wen we scrap wae other teams and oor muny aw falls oot. YB FUKIN F
- the blid guy playin the keyboard.
- A guy with a fender plays Bob Marley and stuf in Buchanan St. alot. He's really good, then there's 3 guys who play as a band, and think they're really good. I heard a junky strangle a cat with piano wire once. It sounded better.
- To be seen in Sauchihall/Buchanan Street very loiud Peruvian (?) pan-pipe players massacring tracks by well known artists. Also particularly in the summer months street performers flaming juggling torches that kind of thing.
- A thon yinz
Hey check out this cool recording studio in Glasgows Westend. We had a great recording session & payed a great price. Gotta be the cheapest.
GoGoStudios Multimedia firstname.lastname@example.org
For professionals & the creative on a budget!
- Bearded begger who sits outside Safeway on Byres Road...watch him for long enough and you'll see him make countless trips to the bookshop along the road to change his 'hard earned cash' into £10's & £20's...I think he 'earns' more than I do!
- darren pilkington is probarly the only bmx rider apart from thomas king in the whole of coatbridge.
- the peruvian guy's who are usually in the city centre are fantastic..they can fair play their pipes.....
- r i p frank
- Anyone aboard the 57 bus. Pure Comedy with a smell of pish
- Well there is me!
There is a crackin bearded guy who walks the streets asking for money (In fact you'll get alot of well dressed, young (if maybe a little too assertive) types that hang around banks just prior to clubbing time - There's plenty of CCTV so politley tell them no, and remind them that they look like they are going out for the night) but back to my guy, he's harmless but awfully mad. His route is Sauchiehall > Gt Western Rd> Byres Road > Woodlands.
The guy on the bench at Byres Road is a character.
OOO! If you ever go into the Western Bar (TM) ask for Donald, He's a right Character!!!
- Yep - Glasgow has plenty of charachters. DRINNNK!!!
- carol smillie lives in the soo side still, ma m8 used tae go oot wae her an she loved rubbin strawberry jam oan hersel an he licked it aff, an she isnae a real blonde
- That guy on Buchanan Street who looks like Jimi Hendrix. He always plays great music. in fact, Buchanan Street in general has really good buskers including the bagpipers and occasional bands who play there on a sat afternoon. Just stay away from the dodgy looking fire eating bloke with a pony tail with the loud ,deep voice who usually attracts people for the wrong reasons ,and the flute player who only plays one note, over and over and over and...
- The guy in a kilt and ponytail who plays the bagpipes near the Buchanan Galleries
- the guy who plays guitar by the taxi queue on sauchihall st- even does requests 4 the pissed youngsters
- That crazy Indian guy who feeds loafs to the pigeons at george square , they should feed that cunt to the pigeons for encouraging them . The guy that allways sits at the bar at Droughty Nieghbours , he looks like he's got a few stories to tell , and you better listen or he'll throw you into the fridge that he won out the raffle there .
- More people sell the Big Issue in Glasgow than all the other British cities combined. You can even buy pirate copies of the paper at the Barras.
- The geezer on Buchanan street, who is there most saturdays. He juggles, shouts, throws knifes, and other death-defying tricks
- Mad Gav is the biggest Looney
- Glasgow is full of weirdos so em enjoy!
- My Auntie lives next door to Bobby Bluebell's mum and dad! I've seen him a few times!
- On Buchanan Street, theres the Living Statues that are just funny. (i grabbed his butt n he threw up) The Peruvian Guys, the homeless guy that sells pictures he drew in crayon and plays the tin whistle, the two drunks with their guitar next to buchanan galleries, and the gouranga people who sell u gourange cds, gouranga rock, badges, flashing bouncy balls, stickers and make u scream gouranga.
- dirty dick barton football expert and visionary.
- Partick always a gud laugh (not with them but at them)
- Man, that guy outisde Frasers on Buchannan Street with the tin whistle is the funniest guy I've ever seen. But I never give him any money.
- Mad Gav with the multi coloured hair, George who sits on the bench on Byres Road all day every day except when he goes to church on a Sunday - Little Italy over the road refuse to serve him orange juice because they're a stuck up bunch of ****** and their pizzas are s***. Tony who busks down Ashton Lane.
- The guy with the fender on buchanan street who plays hendrix and the bald guy with the black acoustic does oasis and the like.
- the cool african/american guy who's always Somewhere on Sauchiehall Street playing his bass guitar -quite often also accompanied by an electric playing accompnient... :0)
- All the buskers are pish in Glasgow and the street entertainers are pomposity personifised interspered with cretinous jugglers.
- crewell lane , guy plys she's electric by oasis and nothing else
- a lot of different ones, yesterday (23 march 2002) there was a busker in city center and i thought it was a statue untill it MOVED! it was dressed in all white and has white all over it's face! Funny! all the tourists were going over and getting pictures with it!
- al the way down sauchihall st buchanan st then argyl st ...they aint really entertainers or buskers ...more like beggers with a comb and a piece of paper or an old penny whistle!!!!! they suck
- That big,giant, weird lookin cunt, the one-man-wham-bam-boogie-band. He's fuckin' magic. n'that fuckin tosser of a "street entertainer" who thinks he fuckin' owns buchannan street. lies doon on broken bottles n stupit shit lit that.hope somebody shoves wan o thay bottles up eez arse. cunt!
- That bloke who plays the sax in the summer on Buchanan Street is brilliant. Thats when I know summer is here (its especially good if its a sunny evening which doesnt happen too often!!).
- theres a black busker alled mellow whos pretty sound other than that theres a really annoyin ex junkie who insits on playin feilds of athenry on his out of tune stolen accoustic.like a true junkie he dosnt sing just talks LOUD
- Zakk outside Gap on Argyle St (Sats) does a one man Pink Floyd!!
Bang on boogie band (one man band!!
- Aw man, could we get rid of the 'Big Issue' characters? They sure know a lot about hard sales. "Freakin' get it out of my face"
- In Buchanan street! look for the wee old bloke that plays the guitar outside the princes square! i swear that he's Postman Pat!
- One Man Band - find him in either Buchanan St or St Enoch Sq - Also a wee old man with a dog outside Frasers on Buchanan street - He plays the penny whistle (badly!) and he's been around so long he's part of the scenery!
- The Music Box Ballerina on Buchanan Street is magic to watch, I have seen many people wind her up, though not from the key on her back!!
- The guy that plays regae and Hendrix on Sauchiehall street is fantastic.
- PROBABLY THE MOST WELL KNOWN STREET ENTERTAINERS OR "MUSIC MAKERS" OF GLASGOW IS THE ORANGE WALK.THE WALK IS A WELL KNOWN CHARACTERISTIC OF GOOD AULD GLESGA LOVED AND HATED BY MANY OPPOSING FACTIONS.FROM BEING WOKEN UP BY THE BEATING OF THE DRUMS OR FROM SIMPLY STROLLING THROUGH THE CITY CENTRE YOU CAN BE GREETED BY A MOB OF GLASGOWS ORANGEMEN ON MOST WEEKENDS (DURING MARCHING SEASON OBVIOUSLY) ALTHOUGH I AM A GREAT FAN OF THE ORANGE LODGE IT MAKES ME CRINGE TAE SEE THE TEAMS OF WEE NEDS IN FITBA TOPS WHO GET STEAMIN AND FOLLOW THE WALK ONLY TAE TRY AND CAUSE TROUBLE AND TAE FEEL THEY BELONG TAE SOMETHING SO THEY CAN ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES WITH SOME SORT OF SYMBOL THAT DISNAE EVEN WANT THEM ANY WAY.
- The man at the bottom of Buchanan Street who ATTEMPTS to play the tin whistle - very bad indeed, just random tuneless screeches really!
- the reggae dude (tho he has recently branched out into hendrix) on sauchiehall st.
- Buchanan st at weekends is fun if u like buskers.
- The blind woman and man
- IN GLASGOW YOU WILL FIND SOME OF THE MOST HEARTWARMING BUSKERS ANYWHERE IN THE UK. EDDIE READER, A FORMER MEMBER OF FAIRGROUND ATTRACTION, BUSKED ON THE STREETS OF GLASGOW BEFORE GOING ON TO HAVE A NUMBER 1 UK HIT. OTHER THAN TALENTED MUSICIANS YOU'LL FIND STREET ENTERTAINERS, JUGGLING, BREAKDANCING OR ARTISTS POSING IN CRAZY POSITIONS FOR THE BUZZ FROM THE REACTIONS FROM THE PASSING CROWDS. NOT TO DISSAPOINT ANY TOURISTS TO THE CITY, WE HAVE MANY BAGPIPE PLAYERS ON THE STREETS. ONE OF THE BETTER IS SITUATED ON BUCHANAN STREET, YOU'LL HEAR HIM LONG BEFORE YOU'LL NOTICE HE'S IN FULL NATIONAL DRESS.. I DON'T KNOW YET IF HE'S A 'TRUE' SCOTSMAN, THE WIND HAS NEVER BLOWN HARD ENOUGH!!
- there is loads of buskers up the toon roon aboot the shopping place called Buchanan galleries
- Street entertainers - OK. Buchanan Street, most nights, early doors. Karaoke fans, yodellers, skateboarders (sorry Ed.), bin kickers, roll and milk stealers, shaggers of all and any sex, mixed doubles and all (my hotel alarms going off as the earth moved at the back fire exit), lovers, piss artists, competitors in the UK strong man competition - see how far you can carry your blitzed mate who is boakin over your shoulder - dancers doing a strange hopping from one leg to the other dance (please can I use your toilet), footballers (whats that they are kicking - oh, it's only a drunken citizen) - buskers, no, entertainers, YUS!
- The best street entertainment is attempting not to be beaten senseless walking about Glasgow if you look a bit "different". This means if you wear clothes made of natural fibres, are over 5"2, have long hair, piercings, are a student, wear baggy trousers etc.
- Loads of buskers on Buchanan Street, ranging from some pretty sad twats, to the truly entertaining (and quite frankly, very attractive) young men. Hallo to David, Danny, Johnny and the rest.
- Still Buchanan Street. I class the antics on Sauchiehall Street or Central Station taxi rank at 2 in the morning as street entertainment as well. But that maybe says something about me.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board