Magazine and Comic Shops in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Mags, mags and more mags
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Magazine and Comic Shops
- forbidden planet on buchanan street and a couple on saltmarket street off argyle street.
- byres rd in the west end
- A1 comics
- A1 Comics and Forbiden Planet are the two main one in the city centre. And I'm sure they've got a pretty good range of comics, but The Beano is a comic to me.
- Latif's newsagent in Dalhousie St. - don't go at lunchtime though as it's always full of posho school weans fillin' their (blazer!) pockets wi' sweets etc.
- 2000AD , Commando , Future tales .Wendy .Sunday mail . Times . Herald . Socialist Workur . Seek thim oot whit yur intae .
Hey check out this cool recording studio in Glasgows Westend. We had a great recording session & payed a great price. Gotta be the cheapest.
GoGoStudios Multimedia email@example.com
For professionals & the creative on a budget!
- the hecotrium emporium!
- Try Trongate for good ones (Also one in Westend, down Ruthven lane), Usual crap though like Forbidden PLant, Waterstones, Ottakers etc.).
For a laugh go into FutureShock on Woodlands road and tell the bearded grumpy git that his shops shite!! And if he'd helped me find the special edition of The Dark Knight Returns and Year One all those years ago when he had a shop on Byres Road, or had even tried to be mildly plesent at someone who was offering him money for his bloody trade then maybe everone would think hes a flamin trouser snake!
- Borders is the place to be, its got the lot
- a1 comics has some good comics
- You can get a metro free on the bus like every other bumb in Glasgow .
- Forbidden Planet up the top of Buchanan Street. Glasgow used to be the Comic Capital of Europe, but a lot of the old book and comic shops have gone.
A1 in Parnie Street, they sell new issues. There's a place along the road sells back issues.
- if your looking for things like Sidewalk go to Borders in town who import it dirt cheap!
- Forbidden Planet for comics, and Borders has every magazine ever invented, including a LARGE selectionof skate mags
- balmon's the caltons most loved asian shopkeeper, of over 30 years...in Abercrombie st calton....
- top self
- A1-Comics, great western road, parnie street.
- a1 again.
- Forbidden Planet on Buchanan Street is terrific, it sells all sorts of stuff like tshirts and toys.
- A1 comics was the best but it became a beanie baby shop , so forbidden planet , or for older comics authurs comic shop in decourceys.
- Futureshock has shifted from Byres Road to Woodlands Road. He seems to have three times the amount of stock in a shop a third the size. If more than two customers are in, its cramped. My advice, take extra oxygen. If you are claustropobic, stay OUT.
A1 Comics in Parnie Street. Used to be AKA but has since changed hands.
The number of comic places in Glasgow has sadly declined, and the regular comic marts have shifted all over the place eventualy landing up in the Mitchell library in the sticks.
- On Buchanan St there is Forbidden Planet, small but VERY GOOD. they also often have a signing from some actor from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- All newsagents. No need to worry about finding that, then! :)
- local paki shops(usually corner shops)
- top shelf in all good newsagents
- AKA? Near the tower, near gallowgate road....
- Borders has a large selection of many international magazine titles.
Forbidden Planet for the trekkies and sci-fi lovers.
- R S McColl a.k.a R S Mcfill your pockets
- there is one specilist beside the Uni cafe sellind old n new mags
- The best selection of magazines out of hours would be the garage on South St, Partick.
- Forbidden Planet.
- Check out Decourcy's Arcade, Hillhead for some vintage and latest comic action. AKA Comics at the Trongate. Long established and richly stocked.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board