Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Stockists of gear to make good sounds
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Kenny's Music Glasgow is located at 61-63 Jamaica Street. The shop is a 5 minute walk from Central Station, right in the heart of the city.
The store is wall to wall electric guitars, basses and associated amplification, with a massive selection of strings, accessories & effects pedals to match, as well as a huge selection of sheet music covering a vast array of instruments.
- a buy ma decks n aht aff wee james
- Strung Out Guitars really know their stuff, excellent staff, can't help you enough.
- Kelvin Delta Music in Kirkintilloch Nr Glasgow.all guitars are set up the way you want them and on the spot repairs and customisations check it out !!!
- mc cormacks near B.H.S in west regent st
- Try Music for granted in bearsden , ask for Allisdair Haydock. He will sort u out wiht great stuff.
- James C Begg -The quality bagpipe shop- Glasgows oldest city centre bagpipe shop est 25yrs -202b Bath st, Glasgow tel 0141 333 0639 -Independant and offers wide variety of all things to do with the great highland squeely bag.
- Sound Control, McCormacks.
- McCormaks, Merchant City, Sound Control, The Guitar Store, Strung Out, Guitar Guitar. All pretty similar in price and selection, nothing breathtaking to be honest. Also run, for the major part, by complete idiots. They often drool when you tell them stuff, which is never a good thing when considering a £500 guitar.
- CC Music is still @ same place but is now called Academy of sound.Otago st,Glasgow.Cool shop by the way folks!
- Have none of you been to Strung Out Guitars in Kings Court Merchant City? Cool shop with great guitars and friendly as hell
- defo micormics
- biggars sauchiehall street
- I usually go to McCormack's. A little pricey, but okay.
- Aye, But its shite
- Loads!! Biggars, McCormacks, Victor Morris (for the ol' second hand stuff), All the ones @ St. Enochs and there is even specialist shops in the west end (If you don't know what a Duffy King is then it's not for you!)
- Jimmy Moons in Shawlands is one of the best undiscovered jems in Glasgow, one of the most decent blokes ive ever met. Hard to find though as its around the back of a block of flats next to Shawlands Cross. McCormicks has the most awful range of guitars, most of which have come from East Asia and Sound Control is overpriced.
- Southside Music, Cathcart Rd. Glasgow 0141 423 5474. New & vintage instruments - good place to meet people on the local scene
- mccormacks bath street
merchant city music
- Forrests on the Gallagate ,@ the Barras.....
- Mc Cormacks
- Biggars, McCormacks - both on bath st in the city centre.
- There is a whole section of Merchants Quarter devoted to music shops - if yu can't find it here, it doesn't exist. Alternatively, Biggars, in the middle of Sauchiehall Street will provide with guitars, Pianos, Violins, Clarinets, Jew's Harps etc.
- Sound Control on Jamiaca Street is full of mulleted eedjits who make you feel uncomfortable if you ask them anything. McCormacks on Bath Street is pretty good as they have loads of guitars you can look at and go 'ooh, thats like the one Jimmy Page used to play'.
- acandemy of sound
- Merchant. Who gives a shit, they help produce scottish disaster as TEXAS. EAt ME
- BIGGERS, McKormicks, Sound control are the best wans
- CC Music Otago St
Merchant city Music Garth St
- "biggars" i think. This place rocks... guitars, decks,
pa systems, u name it (not drums) i think. Queen street aerea.
- McCormacks - Been there forever. I got my first accordian from there when I was 6!
- The lads in Merchant City music are very friendly and helpful and the prices are excellent for such a small shop. Sound control is the ultimate for just about everything you need in terms of contemporary music
- wee place up lane off pollockshaws road
- Got to be CC Music.
- Victor Morris on Argyle St. for good cheap DJ and dance music gear.
- Pianos are sold at a rather posh looking place on Pembury Road
- Biggars just off Bath Street. Has just about everything that a musician could need!
- C.C. Music. Probably the best music shop in Glasgow, situated in Otago St in the heart of the vibrant West End, always a good deal in store
- Merchant city music is a cool place to get guitars and stuff. I think they sell other instruments too...maybe.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2017-11-17
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board