Live Music Venues in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
Live Music Venues
- 13th Note Good for gigs, great food too. Brilliant staff.
- King Tut's is always good... then the SECC, Barrowlands and Armadillo.
- Liquid lounge has great accoustics for a small venue,
- Yep, Sunday is our live sessions in Osmosis. Kicking off @ 5pm with some local talent on the Open Stage. A great mix of styles and characters. We supply the PA so bring your guitar, jump on stage and show us what you've got. You better be good though, the regular muso's in the crowd will let you know if you're not!
Bar open 2pm - Midnight. Free Entry and most bottles £1.50
- The garage and the barrowlands are the best gig venues in glasgow!!
- Cathouse has live bands on saturday nd sunday nights, they might have them all the nights aswell, not sure though....
- Carling Academy. Biffys debut
- The Vale pub at queen street station has gigs upstairs.
- Cathouse, 13th Note, King Tut's, Barrowlands, SECC, Carling Academy, The Garage, Stereo. They all tend to play rock bands, but the SECC and Academy play bigger, more radio friendly acts. For local and/or underground music, the rest act as the stage.
- Thi Gitanos fae Cadiz,Andalucia,sing in thi strEEtz.Fick thi Fasces . Fascist.Faeceas.Sing yinz in thi steet .Glesca michtz weel be thi centur ae a .A like chinwaggin , rhyme , rhythme , n tinkerin wi thi soundz fae hins .
- Bunker, on Bath Street
- barralands, king tuts, nice n sleazy, stereo, 13th note all for rock indie music
- Nice and Sleazys.Fury Mury's,King TuTs, etc etc
- Kings tut's fir yer good bands (shame about the management), Sleazy's fir yer great bands, The garage for allround giants of crackiness and the SECC/Royal concert Hall for Brittany/Westlife/Blue etc.
- King Tuts is the best venue in the UK, no doubt about it. Managed to host The Verve, Oasis and Radiohead in 93, all within a 2 week period. The place is small and most of the time there is no barrier between the crowd and the band which makes the atmosphere in this place THE BEST!! Barrowlands and QMU are also really good and Barfly is great for local bands, just try and avoid the SECC and Braehead Arena which are usually never filled to capacity and charge rediculous prices. Glasgow Green usually has a great summer festival too with the likes of the chilis, foo fighters and travis. The best place in Scotland (if not the UK) for gigs.
- CAT HOUSE king tuts
- The Barraland Ballroon in the Gallagate/ Calton ,,,,,,,,,,,,the worlds best venue.......
- Barrowlands, S.E.C.C., KIng Tuts, QMU, Royal Exchange
- So many great ones, Barrowlands, King Tut's, Royal Concert Hall, Armadillo, Carling Academy to name but four.
- Stereo, Note Cafe, Sleazys, Woodside Social, Barfly, Academy, Cathouse, Gargage, QMU, GUU Debating Chamber, mono, Strawberry Fields, Barrowland, Braehead Arena, SECC.
- The Garage on Sauchiehall street in Glasgow for the more intimate gig.
The Barrowlands and the Carling Academy (a fairly new venue) for larger crowds
Hamden Park on the south side at Mount Florida and The SECC or Scottish Exhibition Center (thats 5 mins by underground from Glasgow Central Train Station) These places play to larger crowds e.g Eminem, manson,play there etc.
- SECC next to the Clyde and the Barrowlands over on the south side.
- Srawberry fields, cathouse, barrowlands, secc.
- 13th Note Cafe is supposed to be quite good, though I don't like it. Strathclyde, Queen Margret and Glasgow University Unions are all good.
- BARFLY!!!!! Clyde Street (by the river -teh old 13th note club) ...nuff sed.
- King Tuts is brilliant , The Garage is good for gigs and The Barrowlands is tha shiznit.
- The Barrowlands is absolutely the finest venue in the UK next to Brixton Academy in London!
- King Tut's Wah Wah Hut
Good bar service and ladies toilets immaculate
- Has to be THE GARAGE again! Ocean Colour Scene, Terrovision, Therapy, Best of all the PROCLAIMERS!
- the barrowlands is a shithole. better acoustics in my bathroom.
- tuts is crap (say that in a west end pub and u can be hung for treason) but it is, full of idiots with un prescribed glasses and purposly bad fringe haircuts that cost a fortune cheap jackets and expensive trainers are IN.the barras is probably the best venue with the SECC being the worst which sucks coz all the good bands play there..pearl jam,pumpkins,ac/dc etc and they print shitty white tickets
- King tuts
nice and sleazys
- The Cottier will be host to a new music festival this October 22nd-28th.
The festival line-up includes Looper, To Rococo Rot, Schneider TM, Dat Politics, Sirconical, Sputniks Down, Minotaur Shock... and many more...
For information go to www.deepburnt.com
- The Barowlands is simply the best venue in Britain. It has an atmosphere like no other and a bouncing floor! King tuts is the best venue in Britain for up and coming bands. Wednesday nights at the Ben Nevis pub in the west end offer some of the best traditional music to be found in Scotland.
- The Barrowlands - the best venue in the world.....ever! It's just amazing, and some great bands play there too. The SECC can't compare at all - it has no atmosphere and is too big. Best avoided - even great bands have trouble making it seem half decent.
- 13th Note, cafe or pub. Excellent, friendly venue for all sorts of music from traditional to cutting edge.
- the barrowlands is an brilliant venue: just the right size; a gloriously accidentally kitsch bar which is always really dark; fucked up glamour (courtesy of its painted ceiling, glitterball and stories of blood on the dancefloor), nice big toilets and entertaining mental people hanging about.
- The Barrowlands. best in Britain.
- The Barrowlands on the Gallowgate is probably the top music venue is Britain u name them,they have played there.
- THE GLASGOW SONGWRITERS meet EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT at DRUMMONDS BAR, 4A West Regent St. Some of the best ORIGINAL MUSIC in Glasgow and surrounding areas. There is also an OPEN STAGE guest spot for anyone wishing to perform their own original material. Guest will be made very welcome and if you just want to listen your welcome too.
Visit our web page at: WWW.GLASGOWSONGWRITERS.CO.UK
and our MP3 site at : WWW.MP3.COM\GLASGOWSONGWRITERS
- Arches, Barrowlands, Fruitmarket, SECC and of course the legendary King Tuts (where Oasis were famously discovered).
- THE SECC IS STILL THE BIGGEST RECOGNISED MUSICAL VENUE IN GLASGOW, THE NEW ADDITION OF THE ARMIDILLO OUTSIDE REALLY IS STUNNING. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN THE BUILDING, ITS SHAPE PUTS ME IN MIND OF THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE. IT REALLY IS IN A STUNNING LOCATION ON THE BANKS OF THE RIVER CLYDE, IT'S LIGHTS SHINE DEEP INTO THE CLYDE AND UP BRIGHTLY INTO THE GLASGOW SKY. A WIDE MIXTURE OF ARTISTS PLAY AT THESE VENUES, INCLUDING YOUNGSTERS FAVOURITES LIKE FIVE, STEPS, BOYZONE. BIGGER ARTISTS, LIKE TINA TURNER, SIMPLY RED, WILL USUALLY PLAY FOOTBALL VENUES WHICH HAVE A CAPACITY OF 50,000+.
THERE ARE LOADS OF OTHER VENUES IN THE CITY WHICH WILL PLAY HOST TO OTHER, MORE SPECIALISED BANDS. 'KING TUTS WAH WAH HUT' SHOULD REALLY BE MENTIONED HERE AS THIS WAS THE VENUE THAT THE MANCUNIAN GROUP OASIS WERE FIRST WITNESSED BY ALAN MCGHEE OF CREATION RECORDS. THAT GIG LED CREATION RECORDS TO SIGN ONE OF THE BIGGEST BRITISH BANDS SINCE THE BEATLES!
- up near the toon there is a big exibition centre called the s.e.c.c. awe the big bands go there and there is an other place right beside it called the armadillo
- King Tut's on St Vincent Street. Who hasn't played here?? 13th Note, Barrowlands, Cathouse. And sometimes, the Garage.
- The Barrowlands is the only place to see bands
- The Hooden Horse in Pembury Road has sporadic live music, none of yer actual dedicated live music venues though.
- The Barrowland Ballroom is the best music venue in Scotland. It gets the best bands and has a fantastic atmosphere.
- A very popular gigging spot for indie bands is the 13th Note on Glassford Street. It'd probably be harder trying to think of Glasgow indie bands who haven't played there, than those that have! OK pub as well, and serves nice vegetarian and vegan food.
- The Garage
- King Tut's Wah-Wah House
- SE&CC (0141 248 9999)
- Nice'n'sleazy is good for live band type things
- The Cathouse
- The Halt Bar. Woodlands Rd Home to bands such as Del Amitri, Belle & Sebastian, Kevin McDermott Orchestra, Gary Grochla, Astrid and many more.
- 13th Note (Clyde Street) Nice n' Sleezy (Sauchiehall Street) Barrowlands SECC Old Fruitmarket King Tut's Wah Wah Hut
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board