Skateboarding Spots in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
- take a train to saltcoats and go to evolution skate park!! It f***ing rocks!!! Check out the site! http://www.northayrshireskategroup.org/
- East Kilbride skatepark, best in glasgow at the moment id say, its a train from the city centre but its totally worth it, 4 foot mini-pipe, 6 foot pipe, 8 foot pipe, two bowls (small to big), no curved rails sadly besides the handrails that surround the perimetre of the park, sun and moon gap ( looks like giant baps), small 2 foot quarter pipe leading to a flat bank and an insanely unneccessaraliy steep slope (utter shite), and a good molehill about 2.5 foot high and 5 foot long, overall a great park with some street mixed in throughout (sucessfully at that)
Rouken Glen skatepark also, in east renfrewshire too but its worth a trip, ONCE! very badly designed, no real sequencing and minimal room for improvement for anyone, unless you call 7 kids on fish boards rolling down the flat banks to meet your foot and improvement
- outside the gallery of modern art on queen stclassical
- GOMA, down near the BT offices on Argyle Street, Queens Park has heavily vandalised ramps and stuff, and Cenral Station for a good chase.
- "A good skating spot and bmx riding spot is the pavallion just behind cares park.
it has smooth concrete a lot of waxed curbs a flat bank thing wich is good for skateboards and there lots of decient skaters and 1 bmx rider(me)dont go after
9pm though lots of arseholes and jackie neds from columba
- the old school woodside
- a new skatepark being built in kelvingrove park as we speak (jul 2004) under the kingston bridge lots of hand rails and stuff around the buisness district
- GOMA, St. Enoch, Under the motorway, Kelvingrove Park, Clydeside, Park Circus, Garnethill, Medical building at Glasgow Uni and anywhere around Finneston!
- Royal Exchange Square was the place to be until, apparently, some skater accidentally broke a pedistrians leg, forcing it to ban all skateboarding in the area. 'The Banks' along the west end of Argyle St under the bridge are sketchy but cool and Mitchell Lib has an ace stair set. Unit 23 in Dumbartons a great indoor skatey park but is a bit of a hike from town and is quite pricey.Cali Uni is my fav spot in the town and Queens Park isnt worth the journey. If u can get to them, E.K. skatepark and Blantyre are all good outdoor parks,and probably the best places to sk8, just watch out for the wee scrounging neds and the consistantly unreliable weather.
- All the best banks are either decayed or levelled! The ramps at the 'recs at Queens park are OK but the half pipe's just too insane (or just damn squint) to enjoy...
- Blantyre skate park is cool but their is alot of little gimpy neds who alway try and start fights steal you board/virginity etc etc
- A school called hutchison grammer school on great george street, off byres road
- glasgow uni has everythin stairs ledges and its naer the chipies pubs an shops o
of byres rd there a scecurity guards butsometimes they dont care if u sk8
- all yos needin sum new places to skate get up off ur arses an head to jordanhill uni campus big ass 5 set, big banks an a bunch of fat security to annoy hell yeah
- St. Georges U-ground is a half decent place to skate. there's a five-set, tho the run up is shit, and a bit of it is under a bypass hingy. check it out if you're bored.
- Destiny Church in Pollokshaws glagow has a cupple or ramps that are set up every sat in the main hall its a gd night with mainly locals that skate the recs it starts at 7.30 and ends about 9.30
1120 Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow G41 3QP
- there is a sweet marbel ledge out side the osiris shop it is busy most of the time but every few minutes there is time for a k-grind
- George Square........Glasgow
- The China Town banks,which are funnily enough in China Town. These are some low brick banks which are good for doing mini lip tricks and transfers. Dont try the lipslide transfer over the conquer ive already done it.
MP east and MP south. MP South is near the Rex and consists of a huge waxed ledge and a smaller one round the back. There are also brick gaps in the ground. MP east is just behind the garage near the mitchel. It has a lot of quite tall waxed benches and a bank to bank transfer which is god damn hard.
- Right, some of the spots submitted suck! Heres an update.
1. East Kilbride Skatepark. Brand new, a mix of livi, perth and The Factory.
2. Calli Uni, good spot ledges n rails.
3. BT centre, great place to learn handrails.
4. Glasgow Uni, good for stairs.
5. Glasgow Science Centre, good rails.
6. Dumbarton Skatepark, UnIt 23.
- the old rollerskating arena inkelvingroe park is rad it is super smooth and the guy from MBC brings down ramps and grind rails and fun boxeson dry saturdays.
- posso fleeto no1 pal in yer face
- Queenspark skate park, referred to as the 'rex'. There is a half pipe, and many other small ramps
- The only halfway decent skatepark in Glasgow is in Queens Park recs, next to Crosshill. Its the other side of the park from Shawlands cross. People, mainly boys, come from all over Glasgow to get to it, its CRAMMED during the summer. A lot of wee gimps hang about there now, but theres some decent, older regulars.
- Kelvingrove has just had a new vert ramp and mini complex (concrete) installed and should be up and running this saturday.
- all the people that used 2 hang around royal exchange square have started going to the new skate park in dumbarton in an old warehouse, its amazin!!! lodsa ramps n shit, its beside dumbarton east station (queen street low level)
- Mitchell Library
- Under the motorway beside sheilds road station is a homemade quarter pipe that rules.Also in that area is the GOOS or the Grand Old Opry Spot,this spot is probably one of the best on the southside along with the Quay but watch out for security.If u see them a comin better start a runnin(or skatin).
- health centre in teh calton lil walls to ollie with small drops, lil island to ollie over, kerbs that r high enough to ollie, best on saturdays, theres no cars. Night skatin is kewl cause u got street lights all around u.
- it's illeage to skate in town now , Livingston skate park or kelvingrove r the best.
- the mitchell library near charing cross station kiks ass! theres a big 8-step wif a hand rail 4 the daring, a small 3-step and a sort of bump in the ground that sreves as a kicker.
- Kingston Bridge, north side, car park wih waxed raised ledges and open space. See www.glasgowskaters.co.uk
- THE PLACE IN CLYDEBANK...ITS INDOOR, U PAY, BUT ITS RATHER GOOD. I DUNNO ANYTHING BOUT STREETS, BUT FINDING A SKATEPARK IN CLYDEBANK SHOULD BE EASY CONSIDERING THE PLACE IS LITTERED WITH FOOTIE PITCHES.
- On saturday, Royal Exchange Square. People move on to different places during the day, though, e
- Theres a small skate park at Queens Park recreation ground. Vert, a few ramps etc.
- Kelvingrove Park
- THE place is still the Skateboard area in Kelvingrove, god, I remember roller skates and open air dancing there too. I take the grandkids there on a summers evening, turn them loose with their mountain bikes, and sit back and enjoy the chaos. I also usually manage a chat with the young mums who are taking their offspring for walkies :-). Also do not forget the Fun Run, whizzing into the toilets (please note this is usually the only de-watering hole for miles) in Kelvin Way at 50mph, driving Wullie and Margaret, your hosts, MAD. Buchanan St seems to be an up and coming skateboard park in the wee small hours,with the more daring aficionados trying their jumps on the new marble walls of the Buchanan St underground, also seems to attract Karaoke fans who perch on the steps of the Buchanan Galleries while serenading the tourists. It's time the drinks ban was lifted so they can hiv a wee bevvie while doing their stuff. The tourist all wander around at all hours, and love the City Centre. May I also include what in the Knightswood area seems to be the latest skateboard hang out - no joking, the top of my car! Three little (expletives deleted) were seen by neighbours to navigate my car, front to rear, on skateboards, bonnet scratched, dent in the roof, wipers broken, mirrors re-aligned past the stress point (smashed), scratches all over. One of the little darlins fell off, hurt himself :-)), and was attended to by a kindly neighbour who admonished them, and sent them on their way, and who told me later I didnt want to disturb you, I knew you were on night shift :-(! - major bill!. This entry Easter 2000.
- The stairs at the top of Washington Street, on Argyle Street, opposite the Marriott hotel.
- finiston is spelled as Finnieston in Glasgow.
- Kelvingrove park in Summer is SUPER-RAD, lots of smooth concrete and semi-clad women.
- Once upon a time there was a mall concrete park at Gairbraid Community Centre. Round "pool" (3' deep!) and elongated bowl thing. Bank. But this is no more... hasn't been for AGES...
- Other gone but not forgotten spots of greater merit were the original concrete skatepark in Kelvngrove, and the indoor park in "The Church".
- Outside the Gallery of modern art, Queen st is a good bet. Makes ya feel like your kick flippin' in Noo Yawk!
- The Clydeway centre at finiston has some ledges and stairs and stuff, and its all under cover, so you dont get too wet.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board