The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Golders Green.
- CLUB 113, WW.4THLEZ.COM
- The Old Bull & Bush, North End Road
The Royal Oak, Finchley Road
- Refectory early 2004. Have reasonable proof that drinks were being spiked. Be very careful if someone (not from London) tries to buy you a drink!! These persons tried to turn it into "their" pub and exclude others if they didn't like them. Police were notified.
Bull & Bush up the hill in NW3 is nice pub and quiet at lunchtimes in week.
If you like Karaoke, try the Castle - Childs Hill NW2
- The Gate Lodge on the south-east corner of the Golders Green crossroads has the most entertaining bunch of regulars you'll meet in an NW11 pub.
- The Harvester down near the North Circular, but only if you buy a meal!!
White Swan: Ozzie Pub. laid back atmosphere, Pool table and darts board and Football game.
The Castle (Childs Hill) have karioke on some nights.
- Old Bull and Bush, Jack Straws castle
- No decent pubs mainly due to the fact that Golders Green was a Temperance area until the fifties. The Refectory under the bridge by the tube stations goes through cycles of being crap and slightly less crap. Make the effort to walk up North End Road to the celebrated Bull and Bush, which is in the village of North End, not Golders Green.
- Golders Green is largely on church land, so pubs (apart from Bar Med, which claims it is not a pub but a wine bar) tend to exist outside the church land (i.e. near the tube). Without question though, The Refectory is the best pub in Golders Green, with it's cheap beer and friendly (if slightly mad) staff.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mario, Dave, Ekaterina, Checuba, aaron, Gav, rhubarb, Andrew Brown, steve, jay, jnm2, Linda Lanski, Che Guvarra, Kieran Smith, Hugh Morrison, B, Philip Witcherley, Jacob Cohen, Linda, generic, Bug Bear, Ad
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Golders Green
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Golders Green Knowhere Board