Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Grantham, Lincolnshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Grantham.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- mmg will be bringing new live music back to the forefront of the town
- The pubs are the clubs in grantham.
- Images AKA Castlegate is quality when they have a band on bring back TWATFEST!lol
- 90's and or Playhouse however when doing gigs the nobody inn rules the roost
- the play house and 90 degrees the right angle
- Black dog on a tusday night thats good indie and rock mostly
- hogshead is ace, then to 90s, if ur on a night out go these places, avoid club it and mambo, thats where all the people that start on everyone go.
- 90s and gravity are the places to be if you arent a kev/shaz/gay/old/underage. "club-it" is clubshit and dont even go in mambo's, you'll be trippin over underage people and falling on used needles
- wow....no really thats actually what it's called...look out for that place though, it's on the up!
- remarkably crap (but mot 2 kevs who like s club 7)
- 90 degrees
- MMM.. I remember the bloody awful Images and the rock version Images two (bloody awful too), there was Bunters which was bloody awful and the Tudor Rose which was bloody awful in that special way that only the North of England can manage. Just Don't.
- Westgate club great for the gigs (i think they stopped them due to smaller adults going). WOW. Croc rock. Que pasa (no child will enter sorry). Caslegate.
- Don't bother there all full of young'ens ( very young'ens)Trust me i know.
- The Black dog - tuesday nights!!!
- Some good ones in London if you fancy a train ride and haven't spent all your money on cider or skateboard mags.
- GRANTHAM COSERVATIVE CLUB IN CASTLEGATE
- Krystals, WOW and chicargo's
- Jaspers which they have now decided to call WOW for some strange reason!! crocodile rocks is pretty decent and crystals aswell, decent music sum of the time, watch out you don't get dragged into a pointless fight, there always is one!!!
- well theres the new jaspers now known as "Club WOW" (sorry to mark and steph).If u prefer good music in grantham not dance rubbish then you need to see the local bands they perform in pubs and guildhall they are really good and they play their own instruments!!
- There is Jaspers but i prefer to have a pint in the Playhouse or Hogshead to be honest! (good pubs!!!)
- There are quite a few, but it's only really advisable to go into them if you are under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol. Jaspers, the old favourite. It sucks, but it's the only thing around here. GO TO A CITY.
- They are all a pile pooh around here! They are full of women with tattoo's on their forearm's, and their children's names on their upper arm!And if you so much as catch their vision they want to beat your head in!! The Met Lounge in Peterborough is absolutely out of this world, with loads of live music, and nice friendly people. It's the kind of place where, you could go in on your own and you will leave with a new group of friends! The Chicago Rock has live music which is cool, but not really often enough. Its full of policemen, so give me more!!!!
- an incredible range of remarkably youthful punters attend the local clubs and like establishments, Jaspers seems to be the club of chice for many (largely a slightly older clientele) although the decor and worryingly adhesive floors leave much to be desired.
- Grantham is too crud for clubs!
- if you are a lynx wearer, Krystals is a magnet.. also good for middle-age divorcees who have more money than sense and absolutely no standards. Jaspers, rude bar staff, over priced alco pops, but almost worth a look for the new 'chill-out' room, literally a cardboard-segmented corner.
- KRYSTALS IS THE PLACE TO BE-APART FROM ALL THEM GAGGING FOR IT 40 YEAR OLDS WHO THINK THEY HAVE A CHANCE IN PULLING SOME ONE ABOUT 25 YEARS YOUNGER THAN THEM!JASPAS IS A HEAP OF SHIT!ITS FULL OF HORNEY LITTLE BOYS WHO HAVE JUST REACHED PUBERTIY!PLEASE!AND NOT TO MENTION THE KEVS AND SHAZZAS!CLASSY!STABBO IS ALRIGHT, BUT I HAVE TO SAY, YOU CANT GET BETTER THAN THE TRUSTY OLD DOC THIRSTYS!A BIT EXPENSIVE ON THE OLD ALCO POPS THOUGH!BLACK DOG..UMMM...NOT BAD..IF YA LIKE KGGS AND KINGS PEOPLE!PLAYHOUSE AS TURNED OUT ALRIGHT!TALENT IN TOWN AINT TOO BAD..NOT MUCH OF A CHALLENGE THOUGH IF YOU ASK ME!
- Hmmm.... Krystals - no, Jaspers - no anything else worth mentioning? errrmmm... no
- The only problem with Grantham Clubs are the BOUNCERS.
- Jaspers nite spot (Baby sitters required by the way)
- there are many clubs and late licenced bars in grantham in order to allow the locals to remain drunk for the whole night and the next day. if you lived in grantham you'd want to be drunk.
- The purple cactus has been changed to 'The Assembly'. Hard House venue, v. popular and 10x better than jaspers - actually worth going to! 3rd Saturday of the month is 'Diversion'-top dj's, excellent atmosphere etc.
- we have loads of clubs in grantham, mostly we use them for beetin the rodents which have come commen place in our ears and car parks
- Agree Jaspers is generally shite but Revolve twice monthly is definately a massive improvement. Excellent music and v. impressive light and sound system. Popular with serious clubbers from all over Lincs. Worth a look!!!
- For clubbing its better to go to skegness, which is just up the A52, this is because they have a bigger beach, so there is more chance of finding a seal to club. You could always go to Jaspers, the Establishment, Bananas, Strikers, Limelight, or The Purple Cactus instead. But there are no seals.
- maybe they should look up the definition of dance music. no the real mccoy does not apply
- Local night called 'odyssey' run by these wicked dj guys. Can't go on about this enough. Absolutely fuckin' BRILLIANT music.
- Jaspers, its the place to be. Sorry that should read the ONLY place to be, cause we aint got nowhere else,
If your names not Kev you're not getting in.....
- Very Dodgey. Jaspers in bareable depending on consumption of alcohol - a tip - if you can still recognise your mates and remember you're own name then don't go there.
Bring back the Pit - that used to be excellent many years ago
- If you're around for a 'Funk Phenomena'(hip hop/break beat night run by local djs back from uni), check it out, the music is goo d and the people are funky
- Crystals is new on Westgate and Jaspers is on Westgate too. Faces is on the road just off Westgate going towards the South exit of Morrisons. Images on Castlegate has just changed it's name to The Castlegate it is shit now since it has got rid of it's DJ and changed to a Jukebox, the cool seats have been changed for just tables and chairs, it still has loud music though and is the place to go if you are underage. .
- Images, Castlegate. Beehive, Castlegate. Blue Pig in Vine Street (Thu, Fri, Sat = good sounds.)
- Jaspers - Used to be okay until recently when it developed ( SHOCK, HORROR ) COMPETITION. Now just attracts young, white PVC shoed Kev's - MIMO ! ? ! Depending on when you're reading this, Images 2, Millenium, whatever you may want to call it, just of London Rd may be open. Don't get excited, give it a month and it'll have shut AGAIN There is another club, what used to be Bunters but I can't remember it's name - it's that good. Avoid, at all costs The Tudor Rose - unless of course you're going out with your Mum, who is on the pull. Slobbering old men in abundance here. CONCLUSION - Go on be a devil and go to Nottingham
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: holliecarter, naomi shield, tommy, pandora Braithwaite, Ged, Ben hobster, Alice Garrat, Chris Dyson, james, Robert Mattey, Scott Ashley, on, Jenna, Andy D., Matt, smallcat, aj, Kevin Corcoran, john duffy, benny Edwards, Majick Music Group, matty smith, Sue Law, Josey Joe, benny, Jozzle, Nicola Gray, Emma, lozza babe and hannah :), Alice, Andi Taylor, brucey, The BearFriend, sol, neo, Nell, Mandy, chad, cally, tom cropper, CeeJay, John Dean, reck-less, Steven, caferine, PHIL, caveman, Dave Priesley, Jake Sales, Ed Lindley, Joe Zingales, darwin, mel, George Brisco, Vaughan Hardy, harold, sarah, Emma Noon, Ian Proctor, Tony, Richard Vann, alanna, joshua russell, Sophie, smithy, pink genius, Robin Carter, Kim Willis, Dave Healey, Editor - Grantham Eye, martyn caunt, Mike, Mark Chambers, me, Steve A, ursula, NEIL TAYLOR, cez, Mimi, generic, tom pain, Dave Wilson, MJB, sharon, Johnny Butler, noonie, blak sheep, Jo, pete, John Morrissey, cj, Larry Cooling, Stewart Lee, steve price, soundasapound, Paul Nesbitt, shazza and clazza, .tOM., Rachel, bellenduos, Justine Brown, Bill Marney, ben, sue, wish i lived somewhere else, Jen - jens and Jo, warren, Angharad Payne, KingsMan, Steve Cummings, katherineb, Ed, Benjamin Winch, Ursula Donnelly, majickmusicgroup, Simon Stockley, Rich Major
Last updated: 2009-04-25
More stuff about Grantham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grantham Knowhere Board