The Best Things in Greenwich, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Greenwich.
The Best Things
- Goddards Pie shop, Wetherspoons. Museum, Greenwich Park, & the Deer & squirrels in the Park. The Arches gym where I go and work out.
- Again, feeding the squirrels - try and get a legger (one that climbs up your leg to get at a nut! oh er missis)
Walking in the park on a sunny weekday afternoon - no one around, peace, tranquility and views, what more could you ask?
- The park. The views from up by the General Wolfe statue or, to the east, from One Tree Hill, or to the west, from the hill with a Henry Moore statue on it are stunning. Great places for a picnic on a sunny day.
- Feeding squirrels in Greenwich park
- Best olives in the world at Greenwich market. (The undercover one)
- Wonderful bookshops, the river, top quality pubs, the fact that Greenwich has retained a village feel despite being swallowed up by London and tourism. Watching a blood red sunset over the Thames from the bay window on the first floor of the Cutty Sark pub. Getting drowsy in the sunshine in Greenwich Park. Chicken in black bean sauce in noodle time. A game of pool in the Prince Albert pub. Summer nights in the beer garden of the Richard II. Being able to afford to live there. The last is, of course, a pipedream...
- Charlton Athletic only 1 mile away.
- The Market is really good, very friendly, and the three pubs in the Market are good.
- the market is extending by the minute,so its brilliant if youve got a few nicker in yer pocket and want to fritter it away on a nodding dog or similar useless but amusing bit of tat
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Michael Tisdell, sophie, elaine, beth, Kay Haldane, mish, alice, John B, rich dix, Ruth Lauriston, James, generic, David Thomas, lisa and simon beames, Naomi, Alan Palmer, spencer, Tom, mishty, Paul, Richard Kershaw, Charlie, Pete, Geds Balmer, KT, nickyd, deb, bob, chris, Andy, John Davis
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Greenwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Greenwich Knowhere Board