Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Greenwich.
- Filmworks will have to do until the Picturehouse opens in the autumn. The bad news is that it has the soul of a shopping mall - you can hear the loud piped music outside over the film at times. And the coffee!!! When I went it was the Nescafe concession and they gave me a cup of hot water and refused to acknowledge that it wasn't a coffee - avoid!!
- Shame, but its true. The Greenwich Cinema - which is very handy (or was) has gone into receivership. But we are all hoping and waiting for some lovely person to take on the challenge. You never know, they may think about showing some independent films, and amke the cinema a bit more true to the character of the lovely village of Greenwich.
- Filmworks multiplex. It's big, and comfortable. The screens are huuuuge.
- Greenwich Cinema on the high street is quite expensive but is a good meeting point as everyone in Greenwich knows where it is. If you want to see a film, it's better to travel that little bit further to, dare I say it, Peckham, where it is just as good as Greenwich and a lot cheaper.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Michael Tisdell, sophie, elaine, beth, Kay Haldane, mish, alice, John B, rich dix, Ruth Lauriston, James, generic, David Thomas, lisa and simon beames, Naomi, Alan Palmer, spencer, Tom, mishty, Paul, Richard Kershaw, Charlie, Pete, Geds Balmer, KT, nickyd, deb, bob, chris, Andy, John Davis
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Greenwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Greenwich Knowhere Board