Skateboarding Spots in Greenwich, Greater London*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Greenwich.
- First of all theres the Cutty Sark, with lots of stairs from a bad 2 up to an 8 i think. If you travel down the path by the river past The University you get to The Ledges which is quite a nice spot as well with smooth ground and some nice gaps (heres a bad photo of it I took with my phone: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/snake_101/Theledges2.jpg).
If your in greenwich the DLR will get you to Bank station fairly quickly so you can always skate central London.
Apparently Deptford skatepark is just down the road, but its supposed to be just a quarter pipe, funbox and a few grind rails, but I've never been there...
Millenium Key has a big marble statue type thing with steps which are skateable as ledges.
- Greenwich park. In the rain. Just keep looking for the little tracks with unexpected STEEP bits. Also the big ride down One Tree Hill. in the rain. On a snakeboard, of course.
- All sk8ers should go to either Greenwich park by the lake or around the cutty sark as thats where most hang out.
- That area around the Cutty Sark (the actual ship) has loads of stair sets, ledges, benches and l. Well worth checking out.
- sadly few places exist but up around the Sun and sands roundabout there are some challenging walkways
- Greenwich Park is the home to a unique tribe of downhill skaters, lost in a nineteen seventies time warp. Also used to be some street activity down at the market/ car park near the cinema.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Michael Tisdell, sophie, elaine, beth, Kay Haldane, mish, alice, John B, rich dix, Ruth Lauriston, James, generic, David Thomas, lisa and simon beames, Naomi, Alan Palmer, spencer, Tom, mishty, Paul, Richard Kershaw, Charlie, Pete, Geds Balmer, KT, nickyd, deb, bob, chris, Andy, John Davis
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Greenwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Greenwich Knowhere Board