The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Greenwich, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Greenwich.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Blackheath is known as the "Hamstead of South London" and it is increasingly living up to its name. The restaurants are coming on in leaps and bounds but fortunately it remains affordable, for now. The millenium is only a mile up the road and transport links (Jubilee line and DLR)are being improved. It is only 15 mins into Charing Cross.
- The walk alongf the river from The Cutty Sark to the Woolwich Barrier is well worth it
- Tourist honey-pot, but with strong local scene too. Millenium celebrations are the main focus for the next few years. There's a Russian submarine, and O'Hagans Sausages - what more could you possibly want?
- Other people complain about parking. That 'cause they've never been to Greenwich. Park at Charing Cross and take the train out, it's easier! My first date with my wife was in Greenwich park. There's a good Indian by the Cutty Sark. On a Saturday, have a few beers in Greenwich at lunch-time, then stroll through the park to Blackheath to finish the job off. One could argue that the trip should be done in the other direction, as it this is down hill, but if you're doing it properly, you'll be going down hill anyway.
- Mad fifties and sixties retro shop. Just the place if you need a lava lamp. Just off the one-way system, heading for Rotherhithe, but I don't know what it's called.
- The shop someon mentioned that is on the way to Rotherhithe is called the "Flying Duck Enterprise".
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, Michael Tisdell, sophie, elaine, beth, Kay Haldane, mish, alice, John B, rich dix, Ruth Lauriston, James, generic, David Thomas, lisa and simon beames, Naomi, Alan Palmer, spencer, Tom, mishty, Paul, Richard Kershaw, Charlie, Pete, Geds Balmer, KT, nickyd, deb, bob, chris, Andy, John Davis
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Greenwich
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Greenwich Knowhere Board