The Best Things in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
The Best Things
- BOOTLEGGER MERT(y) LETS FAKIN AV IT U SKID
- Ryan Hall :')
The best nic-names for grimsby at our school - grotty Grimsby & grisly grimsby.
lots of love Lisa loves daz 2007/12/05
- the amount of fast food shops (which of course i don't use.
- grimsby college
- There are, despite all the odds, a few lovely people here. (most of them will move somewhere with more to offer).
- DJ Colossus best funky house DJ in the town!
- Gullies night club. Yes it may have the smallest dance-floor in the universe, but it feels like home! It's the only place us misfits can go and not worry about what we look like.
- I just want to say that Havelock School is being made out to be the worst school in Grimsby, and it is not!!! The teachers there are amazing, I've never learned so much in my life! and ye, maybe some of the kids are a bit out of hand, but don';t judge us all from the handful of Havelock Pupils you've seen. The subjects are well taught, and I am really dreading leaving and turning into a sad old ******* like you lot, who have nothing better to do than slag off innocent schools.
- fish and chips with garden peas instead of dodgy mushed up ones in restaurants
- mark daynes- www.markdaynes.com
plus easy girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!69 follows through...
- The fat security guard chasing 12 year olds in freshney place
- high sex rate, loadsa birds take it up the bum
- The best thing i found in my hometown, was the drive to get out & make something of myself. It probably feels the same way in Alaska. Gullivers nightclub saw me hurl abuse at many a sad bouncer. I liked St. James church. i suppose Lloyds pub is worth a mention too. i was in a band named Curl, & many a jealous 3 chord muso tried to rile me. The other best thing? Probably fish.
check out www.markdaynes.com for hope on how to escape.
- The great rock music scene and the great people that go with it. GY bands like Andy Glenn and Rich~ wonderful danceyness
- Saturday morning cinema down Freeman Street...followed by chips and back to my Nana who lived in Duncombe Street....
- Grimsby is a cool place that holds a lot of good times for me ( even the bad times seem good now) someone made a comment that Grimsby people have no fear when it comes to facing up to the big 6foot and over people. I think this is down to the fight for life as you grow up in Grimsby. somthing that has served me well in other places of the world. ( I now live in New Zealand) and the comment has been made that i have a do not approch look about me (when i want it) GRIMSBY IS THE BEST!
- The music scene is really strong and full fo nice people. We've spawned some exxcellent underground bands such as Imabalnce, Stand and the greenacre.
- there's a great sense of community spirit in grimsby, something that you don't get in many towns any more
- THE NUNNY. londis on sutcliffe ave. aka pick and nick. The nunsthorpe tavern with its abundance of old giffers and escaped convicts all waiting just to slash someones throat, god we love it. The community spirit on the nunny "if your face dont fit the your knee caps get it" that goes for any other breed of dog on the nunny other than jack russells cos even they will rip a rottweillers throat out.No one is afraid on the nunny not even the dogs. jack russells piss on german sheperds. The youth of the nunny, so many new babies are brought up here by young girls who have the god given right to claim of the social for the rest of there days. AND WHY NOT?.
- lots of very friendly people
my mates live there
you can live on very little cash
lots of free internet access
good media acces ( even has its own TV channel which it is pretty easy to get stuff broadcast on!)
- I came here when I was a child. So I'm not from Grimsby, as such. So I could slag it off. But I won't. I lived in Harlow, Essex for 4 months, and Grimsby is better. Freshney Place is a decent shopping centre. It has a nice landmark in the form of thr Dock Tower. There is a new cinema in Cleethopes now. And I wouldn't have fish and chips from anywhere else. People's Park is nice too. Cleethorpes is best for nightlife, rather than Grimsby town centre.
- mono vintage clothing down regent arcade, has the best vintage and new retro wear around. Its very well priced too, also sells converse and new retro label 8t's hero, check it out it rocks!
- THE TRAIN , ANY BUS OR ROAD LEAVING GRIMSBY
- Geoff Tims the successful author of the modern poetry book Visions Of Life has brought out a new book called Deca which can be seen at www.coolpublications.com or at the authors official website. If you would like to know more information about poetry or would like to talk direct to the author then visit his official website.
- Grimsby is due for an overhaul - you guys have a great sense of humour, not to mention pride in your town even if it is a bit dull. I hear the developers are looking at your prime locations with interest - that should bring a little sparkle to your waterfronts. The best thing about Grimsby is that it's so deliciously undervalued and available. Oh and for the record you haddock lovers, cod may be dirty but at least you can get your teeth into it (oh sorry haven't you got any).
- 2 for £2.50 in witherspoons
- On a very hot day walking all the way to the "batho" to find it was freezing, and that it took your breath away when you went in.
Camping at springfield.
- Cheap, excellent fish 'n' chips, a football club that did well to compete in the 1st division for many years against much larger places, some great women who don't judge you by the size of your wallet (!), a good daily newspaper, very good shopping and clubs for its size/population. The man who stands preaching the bible near the "top town" Halifax Building Society. The good public transport.
- the 180 on the way outta town
- Reading some of you locals reviews on your town, some of you sound so ungrateful. I have lived in Australia for years, and it is a really beautiful country. I am originally from Grimsby, actually born in Cleethorpes and I am dying to get back to Grimsby, I get really homesick for the small things like, Grimsby market, Haddock and chips at the Pea Bung, a drink down Meggies. Grimsby has an atmosphere all of its own, its unique, don't take it for granted, i would give anything to live there again, and I'm in one, if not the, most beautiful place on earth!
- Drinking, attitude - always down for it! Grimsby people are the best, down to earth, down for it people you'll ever meet - keep on rockin'!
- THE A180 OUT OF THIS DEAD END SHITHOLE
- The Nunsthorpe ermmmmmmm Quality
- easy access to elsewhere
- My four walls. My friends.
- the pea bung still lives
- I was born in Grimsby in 1963 but soon moved off to the middle east because my dad was in the RAF. I have never visited the place since but I am proud to say that I was born in a Lincolnshire town. I live on the south coast where most people don't even know Grimsby exists let alone where it is. I hope grimsby has a prosperous 21st century.
- THE BEST THING ABOUT GRIMSBY IS THAT IT HAS A SHOPPING CENTRE IF IT DIDNT HAVE ONE I WILL NOT LIFE HERE.(ONLY JOKE I LIKE LIVEING HERE
THE FOOTBALL TEAM IFS NOT HALF BAD COZ THERE STILL!!!!! IN DERVISON 1 SCARY OR WHAT
- alcohol n easy bitches I MEAN WOMEN!!!!!!
- How green grimsby looks in summer. How when you go into the town center there is always someone who says hello. Nowhere is far to get to. The beach rarely gets unbearably hot because there is always a cool sea breeze.
- Scorin' drugs is easy.
- The road out of there.
- The WILLAZ!!!!
- Nothing.. There is just nothing worth it in this place. No one would voluntarily come here anyway.
- The women are all stunners in grimsby, if you're young.
- PIRATE RADIO STATION CALLED RADIOACTIV ON 105.FM THEY PLAY ACE MUSIC AND U SHOULD CHECK EM OUT!
- lots of pubs, clubs - fun stuff 2 do
- Fish and Chips steaming from the Fish 'n' Chick.. burning over to peoples park before they get cold, the pond, a spiff, too bright to see, no forks just fingers... maybe the bushes?
- In Waltham there is park and in the park are cool bmx mud ramps which are ace!
- the clubs and pubs and the beach its really good despite what they say!!
- DRUNKEN GIRLS WITH BIG BREASTS
- great night life at cleethorpes every body walks around freezing
- Easy shags and fat birds everywhere just mention you`re interested and you`re in
- Fish and Chips. I can slag off my home town til the cows come home BUT the fish and chips are the best without a shadow of a doubt.
- the Memory
- Shagging on the buses!
- Cheap rent, videos plentiful (see above), easy to get heroin if you're sad enough to want it (many locals are), surreal experience that is Gullivers nite scene, not far from Lincoln.
- The pubs down Freeman Street, a night out like nowhere in the world! Grimsby Town Football Club.
- Contrary to what some sad people think, Grimsby is neither boring nor a shit-hole. Yes it is a medium to large town with the usual run of things to do and see - but you make your own entertainment in this world and I and my friends never found that difficult in Grimsby. Everyone I have brought here has found it pleasant and friendly and as my home town it makes me proud to be a Grimberian.
- The Mariners (Wembley twice), Nunny slappers,peoples park on sunday afternoon.
- Fish and chips.
- Grimsby Town Football Club.
- Nearby Cleethorpes.
- The people, the fish, and my husband.
- Not many people realise this; but the countryside around Grimsby is pretty good for getting BOMBED in...I mean the scenery's good too. The accents - I'd hate to sound like a cockney. I was born there.
- Dock tower, Fishing Heritage Centre, Freshney Place, the pubs.
- Cox's Pea Bunker used to have THE BEST Fish'n'Chips in the known universe, but ANY Grimsby fish'n'chip shop is better than Harry ramsdens .... what the hell do Yorkies know about Fish?!?!?!?
- I have always been impressed by the 'Parks & Highways' department for maintaining the grass verges and public flowerbeds. Even when money was tight for local government this never appeared to suffer. Grimsby is very well off for public parks also maintained to a very high standard.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2012-03-01
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board