Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- layla albery
- All famous people don't live here.
- Ian Huntley
- Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr (famous child murderer and accomplice)
Nadine Milroy Sloan (accused neil hamiliton of raping her)
Also ned Glover from emmerdale and the girl who used to star in the queens nose on ccbc right at the begining.
Apparently one of the guys from charlie from busteds new bands comes from grimsby.
- Julie Peasgood. She pushed in front of me in Spar. OK, she asked if she could.
- Mrs Mangle fom neighbours!!!!!
- BILL BREWSTER. He wrote a book on the history of the DJ and is a well known and respected DJ in London. Bill is also an ardent GTFC fan.
- Lincolnshire most exciting modern poet who is from Grimsby has just brought out his latest book Visions Of Life which is full of modern poetry, priced only £3.50. It is available from W H Smith, Ottakar's in grimsby and all good book shops around the country. If you would like details of the author or where you can buy the book then please visit www.geofftims.co.uk.
- err roy chubby brown, errr lol not a wide selection as far as i know!
- julie peasgoods brother lives nextdoor to me,how about her from tpau?chubby brown lives in tetney
- Ned from Emmerdale comes from here, Julie Peasgood who had appeared in Hollyokas, Emmerdale and Coronation Street briefly.
- Norman Lamont! and his mam
- My Mum remembers John Hurt wearing sandals to Church
- My dog was the most famous resident that I new. every one knew for her tendencies to get drunk
- we have someone who gos out with shazney from all saints and some old character from emmerdale
- That shaven-headed thug security guard from the Freshney Centre who used to shout racist abuse at ethnic kids at Lyndsey School (despite being mixed-race himself) and who still follows me around the shops despite the fact that I'm 31 and have lived in London for the last 12 years...
- Mr. Frosty
- Elton John wrote a song called 'Grimsby'.
- The bassist out of indie group Gene, Kevin Miles, is from Grimsby...and is a GTFC fan. As is Tony Ford, simply the greatest professional footballer to ever live (I reckon).
- Johnny Leeze, Julie Peasgood, John Hurt, Duncan McKenzie, Those 2 fat snooker players (Hallet and Reynolds)
- Robert Wyatt (of Shipbuilding song fame) lived on the Fitties (and may well still be there). Also, John Hurt's father was the high priest of St. Aiden's (if that's the correct technical-religious term).
- Anyone remember dog man? hung around what we knew as the riverhead centre and sniffed and growled at people - woah ... scary!
- well my dad is called michael jackson if that helps?( no he aint no pedeophiloe)
- weasel,local punker,don't see him that much nowadays.bernard the strongman,coolest old bloke youll ever meet,does a strongman act & does loads for charity,
buzz,sometime 'security' at the barge & local punk legend,living image of everything punk.
a few local loonies can be found scattered around,the guy who walks backwards,the old guy who cadges fags off people,popeye,the woman who makes crazy noises at people,+ a few others
- Chubby Brown was in tesco a few weeks ago
- Has any one heard of the film the Italian job before?? Right now those of you under the age of about 20 will be scratching you're head saying errrr??? Any way for those of you who have heard of the film before it might interest you that a certain half unckle of mine directed it. This is a guy called Peter Collinson, who has now died (about 1997) of that dreadfull godforsaken disease cancer. His father, my grandfather (William Collinson) was also in one of the most famous english travelling orchestra's, playing violin, and has played for kings in the middle east. He also used to be musical director of a place called the Pier, which is still open today. I believe his father before that, and his grandfather used to be musical directors of the place too, each for about 15 years a piece. This baffles me, as I never seem to get free entry on a night out!!!
- Jilted john of"Gordon is a moron"fame
- what's-her-face from 'Swing Out Sister'
- Paul McDonnald - former head of A and R for London Records .. don't know where he is now
- Elvis has been here!
- My brother lives in the next block of flats to Johnny Leeze.( the curry king) Patricia Hodge and John Hurt are ex-locals.
- You missed out top actor and all round coolster Mr John Hurt who lived off Cleethorpes Rd. His dad was a vicar round there somewhere.
- Julie Peasgood of Brookside ( I think ) and other drama production fame was a pupil at Wintringham Grammar School.
- Ned Glover from Emmerdale
- Norman Lamont, Geri Halliwells' new boyfriend, Berri, erm?
- Steve Currie, who played bass in T-Rex, came from Grimsby and used to play in the Rumble Band, who were a local institution for about two decades. John Hurt is a meggie and it's worth noting that he uses his native Humber accent in the Jim Jarmusch film "Dead Man". Plus, his dad baptised me - at St. Aidens Anglican Church on Grimsby Road.
- In Grimsby the Rumble band are virtually unkown, by anyone sensible. Many old people used to be in Sillhouettes. David Mann is the Manilow of the North of England.
- Dame Madge Kendall Christian Horsfall (Ginger Spice's bit of stuff) Chris McRae
- Mrs Mangle ex Neighbours Laurie McMenanamy
- STRIDES VANDAL - singer with seminal sixties garage punk band "THE DIRTY SHAMES" hails from Keelby, nr Grimsby. He can occasionally be spotted in Grimsby area, searchin' for kicks.
- Isn't that Julie Peasgood woman (of the shiny white teeth and frozen pea adverts) supposed to be a Grimbarian ?
- Dean Reynolds, the snooker player used to live on the Willows Estate and went to Whitgift. (Mind you, he spent most of his time in the Leisure Centre or down town playing snooker.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2011-01-17
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board