Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
- buttey barn 41 lord street nice bacon buns
- i can't think of any restraunt that has good food combined with a reasonable price range. But there are plenty of fish and chip shops and a couple of good chinese takeaways- and one good indian near the station, but the staff leer at females. This can provide (very) light amusement, you tend to look for light amusement in anything after a while, here.......
- Tap and Spile. Order the "Big Meal". It's basically a mixed grill, but you get a helluva lot of grub for your fiver. Watch out for the mad woman drinking tea and singing along to the jukebox.
- anns cafe on grimsby road is a classic for lincolnshire sausages in a big breakfast on a morning before a footy match 200 yards away
- I found the mariner fish bar on lord street very affordable they have a different special on every night and do full cooked meals from £2.50 and even give a discount to oap's. On there menu there is things from traditional fish and chips to kebabs and even pizzas. go on give them a try they even deliver
- Heck - the all-you can eat buffet at Chung's Chinese deserves a shout. Chinese food (top-end takeaway stylee). All you can eat. Take this as a personal challenge. Plus there's a bloke there that looks just like the third Chuckle Brother, too...
- Grimsby must be the cheapest place in Britain for FISH&CHIPS you can buy them for £1.20 from the fish and chick , but my phylophesy is you only get what you pay for, thats why i only go to RUSSELLS FISH SHOP on Second Avenue in Grimsby there easly the best in the WORLD
- Get a haddock and chips from littlefield lane fisheries. The best fish and chips in the country. And i've tasted a hell of a lot of fish and chips coming from grimsby.
LITTLEFIELD LANE FISHERIES. If you remember nothing else, remeber that.
- The Othello resteraunt in bethlehem street is an excellent place to eat
- cafe valerie
- Jade garden on the nunny for the chinky chips. pizza 2000 on the nunny with a complimentry bag of brown. Or smack on toast at the cricks.
- For the best fish 'n' chips go to the chippy on Wybers - best in town. Kebabs from there are top nosh too.
- M&M's food stall in Freemo Market offers a tasty, filling lunch at a reasonable cost.
Dutchy's Cafe on Freeman St does excellent fresh scampi, chips and not-very-imaginative salad.
- Maccy D's evry1s bababadar lovin it!
- Geoff Tims the successful author of the modern poetry book Visions Of Life has brought out a new book called Deca which can be seen at www.coolpublications.com or at the authors official website. If you would like to know more information about poetry or would like to talk direct to the author then visit his official website.
- Chips & cheese from VKH. Mmmmmmmmm!!!
- Witherspoons is great value and wide selection, like there 2 for one. The cricketers on littlefield lane is also good and does the same offer. littlefield lane chinese is really lush and also try caspers, a new pizzeria opened across from the barge
- NO DECENT RESTAURANTS,JUST GREASY SPOONS AND SHIT EXCREMENT FILLED TAKE AWAYS
- I DONT REMEMBER THE NAME BUT THE CHIPIE OPPOSITE THE TRAIN STATION FISHCAKE CHIPS MUSSY PEAS WIHT SCRAPS
- Spice of Life is an okay indian (bit pricy). The Victorian House restaurant is affordable and has vast portions. But you have to book weeks in advance.
- FISH N CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 5 mcdonalds,roughly 30 chineses and numerous pizza places. enough to make any grimbarian obese
- Waltham kebab house... service is ALWAYS with a smile.
- as above fish&chip shops in all parts of town,chinese, turkish,indian.all the usual. plus some very fine restraunts.
- JACKSONS BOAT HOUSE IN LACEBY IS THE BEST FISH N CHIP EVER ESPICALLY AFTER A SMOKE COS MI DAD OWNS IT good old dad
- Nicks takeaway on the grange, dont go to welhome chippy thou, its soooo scabby
- macdonalds, pizza hut, burger king, kfc - just basically ur normal stuff
- Abby's winebar and bistro brilliant food,the best winelist and a range of foreign beers including some belgium on draught.Live music on Tuesday and Thursday middle of the road not to loud. What an atmosphere! Situated in the old world charm of the Abbeygate shopping area in Grimsby's centre
- The chippy near the barge is OK, but the best chippy is the one down Wellington street. Sausage, chips and gravy is a must.
- scartho....take away town we have three chineses two indians two pizza places and two fish shops which are all right next to each other apart from about three which are about 3-5 mins walk away home delivery ther is no point (unless its rainy)or else youd be classed as a lazy sod
- mcdonalds, mcdonalds kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut ! HA HA HA !
- Wybers Chinky..you want onion rings,you get LOADS of onion rings....darn tasty too!
- The Cozy Cafe on Pasture St, is the finest full monty in town, where the Holton-le-Clay cricket team go for their pre-match "team-talk".
- fish and chips means haddock ,no poncey cod for grimbarians!
- Eating out not really an option - try The Lost Shepherd (in Cleethorpes) or Peking Palace, Wellogate. Pub grub at Swigs is ok and it's not too bad for pi**ed up townies coming over and eating food from your plate. Edwards' nose-bag v.dodgy. Good hot chocolate at House of Frasers.
- Marklews for fine fish & Chips Leon's also for extremely fine fish & Chips
- chinese food in grimsby is good! fish and chips are tops here!! I miss that the most
- marklews fish &chips columbia rd best in town
- The Pea Bung on Freeman st market is quite simply the best.
- The chippy down Littlefield Lane and the Fish and Chick are the best in the world! We could do with more pubs in town that serve food all day but there is a Wetherspoons opening soon so things may be improving.
- Was The Golden Bridge, but now is probably Edwards, excellent for eating in the daytime. At night, The Yarborough Hotel, quiet, cheap, and friendly. For takeaway you can't beat the good old Fish and Chik - fish and chips 99p and don't forget the best gravy in the world.
- Fish and chips? Cox's, of course! They have been around for many years, and have just won an award! Undoubtedly a fine repast! :-)
- There are many good alacart restaurants in the town. othello Roummers Pink Butterfly (must be the Best though pricy to supurb quality)
- The chippy opposite the Barge - go upstairs and get a panoramic view over the bus stop.
- Lillies tea shop. Edwards. The Larder (yummy, great breakfasts). And what about the 'not yet' world famous Sidewalk cafe, above Wilkinsons? Very under-rated. A great place, and they have all the latest mags and papers for you to read, AND the food is cooked to order!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board