Favourite Building in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
- grimsby college and (gym/spar)
- Is in Cleethorpes, and soon to be demolished. If the council places no value on architecture, picking a favourite will only lead to disappointment. a lot looks post Thatcher, what isn't, isn't listed.. who knows what areas will be messed up next for a short term, only to be messed up again.
- The dock tower - 'cos when my kids are killing each other I point at it and they stop what they're doing and look.
- i was stationed at the 92nd HAA REGIMWNT, RN BRKS, IMMINGHAM DOCK 1947,when we had the money we would go to THE PALACE OF VARITIES, i remember seeing FELIX MENDOLSON & HAWAIAN SERENADERS,i was a Brummie and never been away from home before, but found the GRIMSBY folk wery friendly, is the GUNNERS CLUB still i existance?.
- Victoria Mills. And the Humber Forts.
- has to be dock tower or the pier - both old and run down by the look of it but everyoine loves them
- Tiffanys night club with the plastic palm trees.....great Friday and Saturday night with live group and disco...also Beachomber on a Sunday night following
boys from my school around with my best mate....Holme Hill School...best early years of my life.....
- The best building is St james church without a shadow of a doubt. Sometimes i look at it and imagine what it was like many years ago, before all these other buildings cropped up around it, and it was surrounded by fields.
- The dock tower!
- Victoria Mills
massive old place that was what it saays onthe tin!
- THE MILLS
- Geoff Tims the successful author of the modern poetry book Visions Of Life has brought out a new book called Deca which can be seen at www.coolpublications.com or at the authors official website. If you would like to know more information about poetry or would like to talk direct to the author then visit his official website.
- victoria mills
- town hall, mcdonalds building in the town centre is a really cool art deco building formerly the odeon
- Dock Tower
- Victoria Mills. Somebody list this building. The Palace Buffet!
- the Dock tower. beautiful!
- The beautiful frontage to the old "odeon" cinema. If you look up above the Macdonalds abomination on victoria street you can still see it, ahhh memories of seeing "Bambi" when I was 4....
- My mum and dad's house on Humberston Avenue.
- favorite building in grimsby? hmm none!!!
- the krem - cool sk8 park
- I dont know what it's called, but the towering ol' warehouse, down near Corpo bridge, looks better than any monument against a sunset - and it reaks of Grimsby's scruffy charm.
- Dock Tower and the old malt building near the footbridge (sadly gone now)
- my house!! yipeeeee its great if anyone wants to come its at quantok road you acnt miss it youll hear the music
- corpo bridge , it reminds me of when i was a kid fishing under it , ho the easy days.
- the courts & the offices still ok for sk8ing
- The building which housed the South Bank Jazz Club in the '60's. Council said it was unsafe - however I still beleive it's standing after 30 odd years !!!
- The bandstand in peoples park
- Victoria mills ... when i was 12 me and 5 mates broke in and scaled the green fire escape on the outside and went into the grain silo ... we nearly lost some close friends ... possibly the scariest thing i've ever done ... appart from drinking in the Nunny Tavern.
- The Dock Tower. The site of it from a huge distance reminds me I'm getting back home again.
- Victoria mills, trendy flats.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board