Buskers, Street Entertainers in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- dont move grimsby into the sea -LET THE SEA-LEVELS RISE!!!! Love Jack the mack!!!
- I heard Molly the dolly on her 101 boyfriend since HE HE HE Slapper love daz
- DAZ CANNOT FIND A GIRLFRIEND HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE SINCE i FINISHED HIM
(xxx daz college crew 2007) There are too many dreary workers in this town, all you see are dreary shop workers, dreary factory workers, dreary warehouse workers, dreary manual trademens, dreary retail store worker, dreary supermarkets, all the dreary people you expect to find in a dreary economically decomposing place......
Glad I finished with the character daz - I finished with him HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
(xxx daz college crew 2007) The characters in my home town of Grimsby will be the typical characters that you find in all economically decomposing towns in the north. Plenty of dreary retails store & supermarket workers, plenty of dreary shop workers, plenty of dreary factory workers, plenty of dock related workers, plenty of hairdressers, plenty of ten bob millionaire characters without the millions! plenty of dreary people happy with this life (so they say!)........ GET LOST "MOLLY THE DOLLY" ZZZZZZZZ
- there are some permenant drunks in St James square, even though the square is mainly grass, and no longer paved and with a disused fountain. of course. there are occasional drunks on the rest of the streets. the place is full of loonies, most have an agressive aura... don't go out alone.
- The Nazi Hunter - occasionally seen in Freshney Place barking commands at the Third Reich.
Mad Woman in Red - either near the buses, in Freshey Place, or round the railway station. Loopy as a box of nitrous oxide-imbued frogs, bless her. And she misses her husband, who may or not have been real.
- i remember the daft idiot who walks around town centre in his adidas trackies askin for 20p for the bus or a phone call and then asks again 4 hours later when your finished doin what your doin
- The chuntering Old Lady In Red who's always round Freshney Place/Bus Station about 9am. Her husband was a good man, but is dead now, you know.
- SHITE the local busker
- There used to be a strange funny skinny bloke way back in the late 60's who used to come round selling firewood bundles ( I lived in East Marsh street then just round the corner from the abbatoir...) and he used to always shout in a very lound squeaky voice " are you going to pictures!!!" does anyone remember him... ..there also used to be a polish man who owned the butchers on the corner opposite the corner shop owned by the Rowntrees also opposite the pub Oil Millers Arms and we were told as kids that he had no legs as they had been amputated so that he could not escape the prisoner of war camp....I have many memories...going way back. Mad Harrys on the market........aka Colin Warner doing his bit every Friday and Saturday entertaining the crowds.....especially the blue rinse brigade and impressionable girls..Nigel on the cake stall "Mumbys" always bought my custard slices.......
- Tim Mickleburgh is the local celebrity.
Also check out the drunks in the bus shelter and the hordes of drugged up people who will stalk you through the town centre asking for 30p. I once had to call am ambulance for one of them, who was laying naked in a puddle of her own urine.
- stuart harrison aka the poison dwarf can be seen outside grimsby top town with a big mc box begging for money sad really...
- Piss heads in st james square and the beggers under the subby with a quilt over there £150 new trainers.
- Pie Page and his balls - who can ask for more. Or maybe Pete Toff - quality fruit loop. Big Bob Cocks - the gentle giant with a passion for vodka-redbulls.
- MIKE AND HIS PENNY WHISTLE
- olly jeans local idiot and bloody nice bloke
- hey i saw the referances to chubby brown, iam a massive fan of his. does anyone know were he lives or hangs out?
- I remember the old priest who used to sit out side shop's around town entertaining the locals with his music
- Geoff Tims the successful author of the modern poetry book Visions Of Life has brought out a new book called Deca which can be seen at www.coolpublications.com or at the authors official website. If you would like to know more information about poetry or would like to talk direct to the author then visit his official website.
- got some shady characters by the bus stop at briggogate by shady i mean winos lol
- Lincolnshire most exciting modern poet who is from Grimsby has just brought out his latest book Visions Of Life which is full of modern poetry, priced only £3.50. It is available from W H Smith, Ottakar's in grimsby and all good book shops around the country. If you would like details of the author or where you can buy the book then please visit www.geofftims.co.uk.
- theres always a guy sat outside yates drawing people going past with a blanket! Oh and also the women who sits with her dog outside the P & M and the damn street sellers with flashing dummys outside the main strip which makes the townies think there ravers inside the pubs!
- bainsy local mashed up freak garuanteed to entertain anyone anywhere,dog man still lives,sefton the tramp,or mushroom ken who used to chalk on the floor in town,tony charlotte from waltham and cannot forget dilly don..
- Watch out for "clipboard alley" as it's known (outside Binns and BHS in the town centre) people from charities with clipboards asking for donations or to join catalogues etc.
- Andy Mackie - Kill the Bill
- My mate Rob actually plays guitar & sings instead of straight out beggin
- Darren Gardner is an avant-garde entertainer who has spent the last fifteen years doing his terrifyingly realistic "drunken annoyance" routine.
- There onlly seems to have bin a few buskers/ homeless ppl in grimsby but y duz there seem to b so many at the moment?!!!!!
- a few tramps playing the bag pipes
- ha ha ha we have one that mysteriously turns poor and begs after arriving 3 hours prior in a mercedes benz
- Outside every entrance of fresney place
- There's a wealth of tramp chic in Grimo, from dribbling beggers to local bands, sometimes you even get two for the price of one.
- Popeye and his amazing mouth organ
- 15-21 year olds getting pissed at the park
- are really annoying the other day i was walking down freemo and an old bloke who was very scruffy came up to me and my mum and sis and nephew and asked us for some money .. we had no change but 20 quid notes so he told us next time he saw us he was going to stab us but he was pissed up and fell into the kerb i doubt that the drunken bastard could remember his name never mind our faces!!
- don`t know about street entertainers but i know who pisses me off, that scruffy little unshaven get who stands with his klix cup , and says "CAN YOU SPARE ANY CHANGE MATE ! " and then you see him clubing in hull . my message to him is " PISS OFF !" some people need the money he does`nt.
- guy who occasionly plays the flute,sits with his dog nr andys records,go to lincoln if you busk & want to make money,£30 in first 2 hours!
- Al+mosh hippy buskers but can only be seen before the pub opens
- Grimsby art college dancers are always singing, dancing and genurally making complete fools of themselves but they dont give a god dam shit.
- The drunk old guy who sits near the outside entrance to the market.... he sometimes gives out money!
- Old man with mouthorgan in Freshney Place.
- My old mate Cocker outside barkleys bank, with his repetative rendition of wonderwall
- The great local street performers called 'Earth bound misfits' are exellent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2011-10-07
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board