Live Music Venues in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
Live Music Venues
- ooh closest to grimsby were big bands are is sheffield or hull
- lloyds- always was the best- Curl rule
- matrix club,
- The matrix (ex-hollywoods) it's a small venue but has amazing gigs and even nicer people, can't fault it (much). it's close to the train station, next to wetherspoons (for all you non-locals)
- There's only one place worth going, The Bootlegger on Cleethorpes High Street.
- Auditorium. Rubbish bands from the 80's play here sometimes.
Check out the matrix club, there's quite a few people putting on shows here and you geta nice range of punk, hardcore, indie, emo, metal, screamo etc etc. I ALWAYS have a good time here when there's live music on.
The Venue above the cominc book store used to do good shows, but then someone broke the table football and they banned us for being anarchists or something and now they only put on iron maiden tributes.
Check out $teve $tanleys gigs at the spiders web and wintergardens too. If you like 14 year old pop punk.
- Spiders Web was cool and the WinterGardens
- THE SUB NICE AND SEEDY
- The Matrix does cool gigs, cheap entry and the bar is very cheap!!
- beechy or .... winters for gigs wen i got the cash
- Best place now is the new venue bar ( formerly jj's music bar) live music most nights of the week, and the beachcomber has some good gigs.
- Winter Gardens, Beechcomber and SPIDERS WEB!
- various drum n bass and hip hop nights around town
- Grimsby Auditorium usually has plenty of bands on. In the past there has been a Meatloaf tribute band, Queen tribute band, Status Quo and teeny duo PJ & Duncan! You just have to look at local press for details. Also you could look up the Beachcomber in Cleethorpes, it has a lot of local bands and has also hosted bands that are now on their way up in the music business such as [spunge] and Lost Prophets. It also hosts The Rumble Band, which are famous in the area and also had Mod nights, with The Jamm and Paul Weller Connexion.
- Gullivers Club!
Check out the web site:
- The Beachcomber! quality bands like clash, paul wellar tributes. nuff said
- beachcomber holds some good gigs from time to time...and me being purely un greebo actually enjoy them
- auditaurium, and all above
- BRING BACK THE PARTY ON THE PIER, THAT ROCKED!
- GOOD OLD WEST MARSH WERE ALL THE GIGS ARE HELD NOW SEEING AS THE BASTARDS AT CARTERGATE ARE BEING A BUNCH OF DICKS
- If into Northern Soul, Mod,Punk,New Wave ,Ska etc. then every few months either Winter Gardens or Beachy hold such nights with live bands & DJs - usually well attended - Good night out.
- wintergardens (cleethorpes) the beachcomber (cleethorpes) hollywoods (grimsby)
- Gullies for the loosers, Spiders Web for the country, O'Neils for the quiffs (oh! give it up boys)
- i'VE GOT TO SAY THE BEST PUB IN TOWN IS THE SPIDERS WEB GREAT BANDS GREAT MUSIC AND A COOL VENUE. STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND BEER PRICES ARE QUITE REASONABLE GIVE IT A GO
- Mmmmmm another trick question
- party on the pier was the beast thing that as ever happened to ge#rimcby and cleethorpes since i have lived hear which is 18 years now it was hosteds by viking fm and was a top day out with such acts like billie piper a1 five richard blackwood the "great" girlthing and loads more it really brought the town together aswell a sthe surrounding areas
- South Bank Jazz Club in the 60's --- marvellous place
- The best in town has got to be the Spiders Web on Carr Lane (No4 bus from town) for live Blues on a Friday night. Use it or lose it!!
- Ye old musician next to fish`n`chick on Brighowgate
- I'd like to warn anyone even THINKING 'bout going to a gig a Grimsby College not to go. The organisers bodge it all up and toss you out if you're even looking like you might be under 18!!! Boycot the College and let em pay for Fri Feb 26th!
- you dream of the perfect venue you get the auditaurium or o'neills never mind there's always suicide!
- grimsby parade was about the only "venue" i attended.
- Freshney Place is OK, the Auditorium is crap: too big for some bands, too small for others and it has terrible acoustics.
- Harleys, previously known as the Spanish Steps, but that's in Cleethorpes, it used to be the County now called Ye Olde Musician but they need to get their act sorted out.
- Grimsby Auditurium is poor (not tell my bosses as I work there) there a good chance that your can will be broken into in the car Park and the the fire alarms will go off a the roof will out and you will get wet. The Prices are to expensive and the don't have any thing for younger 50's, unless your female were as they will put on the chippendales.
- Only place I ever know to put on bands worth seeing is the Winter Gardens...but then that's in Cleethorpes.
- Most pubs have live music on at some point. Grimsby has a high percentage of band members in the general population.
- Spider's Web in Clee Road (oops, is this in Cleethorpes??) has great local bands on most weekends. Auditorium could be a good venue, if it wasn't trying to be a badminton court or ice rink!! Come on N E Lincs council, make yer mind up!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board