Record Shops in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
- blacklodge records
- Blacklodge records, it's new and wonderful, if it hasn't got what you want they'll try and order it for you!
- It should be noted that Andy's Records has been closed for over a year now.
- Replay records-very good
- Ethix records - i haven't been in there, they stock stuff i would rather castrate myself than listen to. However some people may like it and they sponsor / organise dance music events. Wooo.....
Black Lodge Records - This one's opened recently, and i seem to go in there daily. It's fantastic for all sorts of CD's and vinyl from independant record labels from across the UK and abroad. It stocks a nice range of hardcore, punk, metal and all that jazz. Luke's a nice guy too. Check his online version: http://www.blacklodgedistribution.co.uk
Other than that you might want to check HMV, it's not so bad, they have a nice and growing classical collection.
- Try the Regents Arcade and another shop next to the Tap and Spile Pub also Disk and Tape on Grimsby Road
- i dunno wot its called but near the tap and spile, across the river at the bk of freshny, theres a kool record and cd shop where u can get a whole load of rare vinals and printed vinals as well as some kool original singles from some kick ass bands
- thank god for hmv
- theres really no exclusive record shops in grimsby but do try the new hmv they have the largest rock section ive ever seen!
- enthix in regent arcade
- Theres only two major music shops in sunny grimsby. Virgin mega n Andys records. An LP shop has just opened in cleethorpes market area next to schuberts(where i work funnily enough)
- there are many record shops, too many to mention. but top town market & freeman street markets are where you get the best bargains.
- Reply-Records is the only good record shop in town!!! Go out of the back doors of Freshney Place. (the doors near the Ann Summers Shop) Cross the river on the foot bridge and its on your right. In there you will find loads of records... Beatles, Queen, AC/DC, Led Zeplin, Wham, Hearsay...whatever your taste he has probably got it. Spend loads 'a' money there NOW!!!!
- Visit Replay Records in Haven Mill for cds priced at £5. Speak to guy called Scott who owns it,if he hasn't got it he'll find or it's not worth getting!
Truely great place in Grimsby keep up the good work!
- Pride was the best. Virgin and Andy's stupidly overpriced.
- THERE ISNT MANY GOOD RECORD SHOPS ONE OF THE COOLEST IS REPLAY RECORDS THOU THATS COOL
- Replay Records. over the canal, next to the T&S pub. the place in grimsby for rare, second-hand records. only the cool kids know about it. say hi to Scott, tell him you like AC/DC.
- Andy's Records
- INDUSTRIA RECORDS-GET TOP TUNES HERE
- beorc - the 1 and only original shop
- Andy's for the best educatication, the Mary Chain singles and boys!
- What a joke, Grimsby doesnt have any decent record shops
- andys records sells cd @ £9.99
- everyone meets outside virgin which is so highly priced compared to wooleys and wh smiths
- they openned Virgin a few years back which was a great cultural leap for the place.
- an O.k. second hand shop on hainton ave if you really can be bothered to walk there
- Andy's records-great but too hot, Virgin: avoid as they are too expensive and didn't give me a job.
- The Vinyl Network is the place. Owned and run by myself up at scartho. www.vinyl-net.com. We also have a full studio and are producing our own records from here for Good Looking Records.
- Andy's records is really pretty good for a small, chain shop. Better than that Johnny-come-lately virgin, anyday. Wonder if they still got the Phil Spector box set in?
- Blackmail Records down Hainton Avenue. Second hand CDs at brill prices! Specialises in Rock.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board