The Worst Things in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
The Worst Things
- vikki being a goldigger
- vikki being a goldigger
- TOM WATTONS EYEBROWS THE GAY UGLY QUEER CUNT
- TOM WATTONS EYEBROWS THE GAY CUNT
- DEM PIGS.
- When We Were Tourists
- Tea and Scones
- tom watton clearly put himself on this list because he is the only person that thinks hes special enough to give his name capital letters.
- all girls in grimsby have red hair and think thyre cheryl cole
- thomas turgoose isnt acctually too bad. but tom watton..
- young lasses aged 12 who walk around town in crop tops in december..
- Tomm Watton.
- the lack of respect. the totally useless police
- chavs in grimsby town out of control+cops are ass holes and do fuck all but target motorised and public.for stupid stuff like riding on the pavement or no lights...........
- well............ that even when you get to go somewhere else, the only way out is one depressing-looking motorway, with a surface so annoying that you can't hear your car stereo over it. You dread the way back in.
- The "gazza strip" where all all the bitchy women and wannabe male-models hang around. I HATE CHAVS, they are thoughtless, inconsiderate, thieving, posing arseholes!!
People who didn't appreciate Cool FM - they did a pretty good job for a bunch of poorly educated kids. (not to mention they were stoned or drunk for the best part of 3 years).
- sand all over the place and yorkies in summer
- being so far away from other cities- oh maybe thats a good thing. we can be a little too modest though;-)
- There is nothing "productive" for teenagers to do. There is no cinema. Leisure center's are miles away. There is no Youth Groups (well, not enough!). There seriously isn't enough for people to do, so there ends up being trouble instead. They have so many fields and empty spaces. Why not build some activities, so that young people can stay out of trouble.
- Scag heads
- msot girls have buckets
- every unsaintly thing you do will become public knowledge, slowly but surely... nooooooooooo!!
- My ex wife u know who u r, u left with my daughter, time will show your true colours, what goes around comes around i cant wait to see it. I always come up smelling of roses u cant keep me down
- Put simply, many of the residents. Especially the drugged up ones in town who ask you for 30p. Grimsby is 99.9% working class. i would say 60% of these are scum you wuold never want to meet let alone socialise with. If that's the case avoid the pier and yates.
- Any one who slags of the nunny. LEE HARRIS. THE BIGGEST DIV IN TOWN. ALAWAYS PILLED UP WITH DILLY 16YR OLD GIRLS ROUND HIM COS THEY HAVE NO BRAINS. EVEN JACK RUSSELLS HAVE MORE INTELLIGENCE THAN THAT LLLLLOOOOSSSSEEEEERRRRRRRR.
people slagging it of all the time
people moaning about stuff and then not willing to do anything about it
- have got to be that everyone who is not from the nunsthorpe think they have the god given right to slate the place, I have lived on the nunsthorpe most of my life, i work to support my daughter and i am not not heroin junkie. How dare these shallow small minded people tar residents from the nunny with the same brush. I suggest they grow up and take a look at their area before slagging us nunnies off. Oh and one last thing, i often drink in the nunny tavern and have never seen so much as a fight, so it just proves that those of you who are quick to slag us off are just a bunch of pussies!!!!!!!!!!!nuff sed.
- well doesn't the name of the fishy town say it all..GRIMsby...i've been there and what can i say, it's sooo depressing and crap! who an earth would want to live there?? and as for the shopping area, can you even call it that? what a disappointment! the football team...ha...all i can say is scunthorpe are going to thrash your shite come november the 6th!!!. grimsby...wot a fishy dump!!!!
- Lack of bookshops. Nunsthorpe.
- The B&Q Warehouse - it really is totally crap. Whatever you go in for, they won't have it in stock! However, it will take you at least half an hour first to find where it should be, if they had it!
- NO MONEY NO JOBS
- Too many young drunk's and druggies but then what else is there for them to do, the council closed most of the youth clubs.
- Far too many townies round the barge and gullies at night, thanx to Yates' etc. It's impossible to get a cab home without getting your head kicked in!
- grimsby's reputation for it's rapists, murderers, in-breds, etc. grimsby's had a lot of bad press, and outsider's seem to judge before they even visit the place (some people even referring to the place where all the murderers come from!). apparently grimsby is in the top ten towns for incest, who knew?
- That stupid Grimsby fan who tried mouthing off at me when stewards walked me past him and his gang in the home stand, he nearly cr*pped himself when i turned round and told him to p*ss off. Spent most of the 1st half winding him up from the away end which entertained alot of the travelling Palace fans.
Oh and thanks for the 3 points as well!
- Very insular, they'll notice if you don't have their accent, characterised by exaggerated r's. The number of people conducting "market research", said to be because the town is said to closely resemble the UK average! The Freeman Street shoppping area, now a sorry reflection of its former self. The excessive number of "traffic calming" mini roundabouts!
- look at the events link
- I was born there, lived there and left as soon as I could. It's full of small-minded, prejudiced, bigotted neanderthal plebs that are still living in the 70's and all they see of the outside world is what's on the telly!
- townies n pin heads
- GRIMSBY IS A DRUG INFESTED SHITHOLE ,MOVE AWAY IF YOU HAVE ANY SENSE.
- Pizza 2000 proper scumbag area
- A veritable plethora of drunks druggies crooks loonies & well weird freaks.Also without meaning to be offensive,there are definitly more mentally challenged people here than in similar sized towns.
- Cultural desert. Chain pubs. Dressers. And why is no-one able to grasp the concept of grammar? YATESs wine lodge? Good Lord.
- the sunday market is still here and is still like a shite carboot sale where u walk round getting gobfuls of other peoples fag smoke
- All the townies who hang round the centre of town who think accesories include being preggers or havin a pushchair to walk round with even if theyre 12!
- well the grebbs are a bit XXXX in bed aren't they especially james bacon
- the yorkie tourists. any one know a good rodent killer?
- Dog muck EVERYWHERE! The council tries but the PEOPLE don't. The desolation of Grimsby Docks. The messy approaches to town. The heritage center shutting on a FRIDAY. You can't take your kids swimming anywhere straight after school.
- Scorin' drugs is too easy.
- The road in.
- Slappers thinking theyre rock hard, yarbrough and nunny, smelly little yorkies coming to meggies for their 'summer holidays' sayin 'oohh looke at tha watta' and letting their kids run riot
- Everything! Like many places, young kids are bullied at school, drugs are sold, violence is everywhere. If you walk the streets, make sure you keep looking at your shoes and you just might get away with it.
This is a sub-sub-culture place where people are often jealous, racist, unwelcoming, where crime is high and where you will not meet a bobby in the street. The best and only way to get in contact with the police (I mean, for ordinary people, not criminals) is to go speeding through Grim-sby (which is anything above 34mph).
Some mention terrorists, well, Grimsby has the ordinary type, the kind that is everywhere and not talked about: bullies, junkies, violent teenagers, drunks, etc.
Very high rate of AIDS propagation due to hot kids and teenagers that think that it's good to be an early drunk, stoned, vulgar kid than to invest in future.
If ever you come this way, flee as fast as you can!! It's a plague!
- PIRATE STATION CALLED COOL FM THEY ARE RUBBISH BUT THEY THINK THEY ARE GOOD BUT IF YOU ARE INTO SHANIA TWAIN AND THE VENGABOYS U MAY LIKE IT BUT THEN AGAIN THE DJ'S ARE PANTS
- arriving and leaving - you miss it when it's gone and hate it whist you're there. But that's a typical hometown.
- Nunny, Crap shops in the Town centre,
- In New Waltham theres note to do but the council promised us some ramps its been 2 years and still no sign!!!!!
- Trouble making kids that the police won't do anything about. Open your eyes, parents - they're YOUR kids that you read about.
- the council people who are young are dying at ages 13+up the nunny fron drugs and nothing is being done about it. the shops in meggies well need i say more? no!! kids off the corners as is depressing having to walk past them on a night time when you are on your own.the lack of jobs. prositution but then again i would deprive anyone of having sex atleast they are doing it safely not like half of the teens in grimsby. down town the houses are cack!!and full of druggys much like the nunny!!
- scum bag drug dealers , praying on the kids !, and the parents who should`nt of had the kids.
- fish factorys
- The stupid aged COUNCILLORS (Overlords) that are sending Grimsby back into the Dark ages!!! Voting out a plan to build GTFC a new Stadia is a disgusting act of genicide for Grimsby and its hard working residents. We WANT this Stadium more than we want you cowardly ********!!!!
- It only smells when you get to a certain distance from the docks, this is literally right on top of it. The pizza factories do smell a little bit, but it is not that bad cos they have to control it seen as it is in a residential area anway. Did you know that Grimsby produces more frozen pizzas in one day than Italy produces pizzas in a year??
There University is crap too. Thats why I moved outa town.
Oh yeah, avoid Cleethorpes in the summer months cos there are a load of townie twats there waiting to beat you up, in groups of four if they feel like it (Definition of a townie twat - Lime green/ted baker shirt. Tight as fuck trousers. shortish gelled hair. Total drop out. Usually works as a sparkey or builder. Will start a fight for the hell of it (sounds like a normal Grimsby lad though). Probably plays football, might even see himself as a good football player, and supports football like a religion.)
- Bugger all to do bar drink
- It's small, it's narrow-minded, it's depressing if you're not the same as everyone else. All teenagers wear the same clothes - those awful tracksuit bottoms with a whilte stripe down the side and a big jumper or shirt. Girls often wear wierd little neckerchief things not seen anywear else this side of Little House on the Prairie. I was born and bred there and can survive about a week before going mad and getting miserable. NOT a place to be g...a...y.
- the reality.
- Not shagging on the buses!
- Violent, bigoted locals (stay away from the town centre at night if you're not white, a single woman or openly homosexual), easy to get heroin if you're sad enough to want it (many locals are), surreal experience that is Gullivers nite scene, not far from Lincoln.
- Also Grimsby Town Football Club.
- leaving freinds and family behind!! poverty, too much drinking, abuse, lack of jobs, teen pregnancy, no encouragement to succeed leaving the cycle to repeat itself over.
- The smell from Pyewipe was always rather pungent on a warm day. Still, with the demise of the fishing industry I expect that the flavour of odour has altered.
- proximity of hull and lincoln
- Boring part time football Ahem "supporters"
- Small cinema
- Young girls with babies pushing them around town with cigarettes hanging out their mouths looking gormless. Haven't they anything better to do except get preganant all the time!
- Grimbarians aren't yet familiar with the concept of foreigners, and tend not to be too friendly t'ward them (I know, being half kraut ;-)
- THE SMELL!!!! Certainly in some parts of town there's a strong, ummm, food smell. The fishing port has almost died out, but there are lots of food processing plants (Ross, Birds Eye, etc) [creating the smell mentioned. He's not saying it smells of fish!]. On Thursdays Rosses make pizzas, and you can smell it for a couple of miles around, which hits a large portion of the town near the river... The A180, on it's way into Grimsby, drives straight through the heart of the industrial area... *pong* :-)
- It's actually not too bad a place; and it doesn't stink of fish. However, Pizza Hut don't deliver, so I'll never be able to go back.....
- [And, again:]I am replying to the comments on the smell of fish. I have lived there for 23 years and have never noticed such stenches. Please correct your statement! Thank you! [I don't understand -- whoever made the original complaint seems to me to have been talking about smells of pizzas etc]
- Regarding the great smell debate - well, entirely whiff-free it is not, but I would venture to suggest that the smell of fresh peas during the pea season in June-July is the strongest you're likely to encounter.
Unfortunately there's also lots of green slime around on the roads at that time of year as it drips off the pea lorries as they drive in to the factories. (I'm an expert on this - like many a Grimsby student I worked at Frigoscandia picking the dodgy bits out of peas for more summer vacations than I care to remember. Hairnets and white wellies, my God were we sexy babes!)
Grimsby does NOT stink of fish though, unless you go and stand right next to the pontoon at the Fish Docks, and what else do you expect a Fish Docks to smell of?
- People of Grimsby have not heared that life exists outside of the town
- Grimsby has one of the best museums in the UK. Dedicated to the fishing industry, Grimsby's National Fishing Heritage Centre has been voted one of the best educational tourist sites in the UK over the past few years with hundreds of thousands of visitors. Very odd isn't it for a town that size and locality? A great place to visit.
- Sarcastic bastard! I think you'll find that Grimsby/Cleethorpes have boosted DEMOCRACY as you'll find if you listen to Pete Tong "best nights out in Britain". And next time you eat a San Marco pizza remember who made it and they have read your review.
- I lived in Grimsby a few years back and I found the inhabitants to be friendly with people born outside the area. I don't think the smell of the town was that bad, maybe I got used to the smell while working on the docks. The town to me has everything it needs to have, a few pubs and decent football club.
- Being a Grimbarian, I was quite taken back by the cruel remarks that Grimsby smelt and was a dead end place. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't smell, we welcome visitors to our area and have a rich and diverse entertainment scene to rival any in the area. The problem lies with those who have never been to the town before and jump to the usual, incorrect assumptions. I say, visit Grimsby to sample the best fish and chips in the world and go to Blundell Park, to watch Grimsby Town F.C., the Mariners. Finally, it is definitely not "GRIM" in Grimsby!
- The Town's ground is not in Grimsby. A trick question - "Which first division ground is not in the town it is named after?". Answer Grimsby Town. Blundell Park is in Cleethorpes.
- Grimsby is the only place in Britain where the home team plays away - the football ground is in Cleethorpes! In the 70s there were fantastic concerts in the Winter Gardens at the beginning of punk - loads of greasy bikers waiting to beat up any of us who had short hair.
- When the Town are losing - not very often - the opposition sing a variation on a well know ditty "You only sing when you're fishing"!
- I lived in Grimsby a few years ago and I have to say the following:
- People are friendly towards foreigners
- It is not the nicest town I've ever seen, but it's OK
- Swigs is the best pub there
- Freshney Place is boring
- Best of Grimsby is Town, though tickets are too expensive and they sometimes beat up their Italians
- Worst is that there are no clubs where they play good metal stuff and there is only one Andys records
- Grimsby is pretty good, but can get boring after a while. I believe this is mainly due to lack of decent surrounding towns/cities. The night-life is okay, but nothing special. Of course there are the MIGHTY MARINERS to go and see, brilliant fish & chips etc. But the town could do with a decent cinema. At least there's the Auditorium now. Although you don't get any decent bands there, as it's all-seater.
- There is an excellent martial arts store on Clee Road near Park Street which has an excellent array of martial arts equipment.
- Also Bernie Taupin wrote a song with Elton John called "Grimsby" and in the 1960s various bands with Mick Ronson would play in nearby Cleethorpes. Also David Bowie's publicist Anya Wilson is from Cleethorpes. She also worked for Paul McCartney.
- It must be alright because I used to live there. When I was a lad, Freshney Place (is that how it is spelt?) was just markets and shops on either side and a pub called the Friar Tuck which is not there any more and which apparently should never have been built in the first place. Also there used to be loads of punks sitting in the garden arrangements and the more respectable (ha !) citizens would tut tut under their breath as they scurried past. And when you opened the door to get into Marks and Spencers or British Home Stores a hundred other people would rush past you and try to get in before you did and you would end up feeling like the porter at Harrods. I don't know whether this cultural phenomena has been fully documented yet but what I want to know is does it still happen in Grimsby?
- Well, I have grown up around Grimsby over my 22 years and it really is the most boring shit hole in the universe, and it's sad to say but I have done the Wheatsheaf hang out before heading off to Meggies.
- I'm a black man born and brought up in Grimsby and I must say that I haven't had many fights. I am 6'2" but I don't think that has much to do with it 'cos Grimsby lads have this 'Jack Russel' like fearlessness of anything bigger than them.
They're usually on drugs anyway. I was there this weekend and all of the kids look like zombies. Some 'spud for brains' decided to put a baseball bat through the windscreens of 12 cars including mine. I'm not bitter. He probably went to Havelock School and has no future at all.
Still, I won't hear a bad thing said about my home town. That's my job...
P.S. Park Lane (Cleethorpes) is the best place to find inebriated ladies...
- NE Lincs council sucks big time. Humbersidians Unite!! Humberside forever.
- Grimsby is not as bad as everyone would like you to think... I was born there, lived there for 18 years and, although I now live in Vienna, still go back regularly to visit my family.
- Shopping has improved enormously over the last few years since Freshney Place was opened. But only one bookshop and that's a small one (unless you count WH Smith which I don't).
- It really is the best fish n chips in the world. A lot of Grimsby women seem to be impervious to cold. Even when there's a NE gale blowing off the North Sea in winter they still walk about in short sleeved tops and bare legs (purple and mottled). I never did this myself, so don't ask me why, but they do!
- Grimsby is unique! Locals are born there, grow up there, get married or not there, spawn more brats there, get pissed there, fight there, grow older there and then want to die there. No jobs? - Never mind... Grimsby's brilliant! Glassed in a pub for looking at the clock on the wall? - Never mind... all in a Saturday night out on the piss! Passtime of local girls? - Getting pregnant! Shit weather? - That's Grimsby's speciality! Nice stereo in your car? - Not for long eh! Come on, wake up townies... there's a whole world out there! I escaped (but I still can't resist visiting when I'm back in the UK).
- Housing estates and the unemployment and crime that (inevitably) come with them. Companies closing factories and buggering off elsewhere for a quick cash backhander - sorry, Development Fund Grant - leaving more unemployment. Council really need to resurface some roads rather than endlessly patching them.
- Why do people chuck crap and rubbish all over the place ? I know Grimsby is not alone in suffering - is this the new 'English disease' ?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, matty rowlands, katey, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2013-01-26
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board