Arts, crafts and such in Hackney, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Hackney.
Arts, crafts and such
- all crap and craft in hackney now - surrounded by the poor rich kids, and the likes of pete docherty - sad!!
- WORLDwrite, the Hackney based education charity (we’re based in Millfields Road) is offering free training in tour guiding accredited by the London Institute of Touring. The programme entitled London Behind the Scenes involves developing on line, on foot and on film alternative tours in London’s East End. The programme, which emphasises global issues and connections, takes place one evening per week and on some weekends, starting in March 2008 and runs for approximately 24 sessions. Details of all sessions are available in the training pack on the website. Newcomers to the UK are especially welcome to join this programme. The course is free for 16 to 25 year olds and there are numerous opportunities for older volunteers to assist with the programme. The deadline for applications is Monday 18th February.
- HACKNEY THEATRE ( SHIT DO NOT GO )
- SOOOOOO many galleries it's ridiculous. White cube very popular-hoxton square, also has a bar.. A lot of Hackneys art is in its streets..many budding artists round here like to leave their own personal messages.
- See the Geffrye Museum on Kingslaand Road furniture from 1600 to kitsch 60's funk. Great cafe and good for cruising too!
- look for squat galleries
- Atlantic on Brick Lane
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: simon hughes, Wooj, Dan Kelly, christine olney, lilz, Anita, Martin Togher, Kirsty Hopkins, Richard Harris, rus, D*, Laura Beduz, Matt Yarnton, ray, Ceri Dingle, Charlene Wiloughby, generic, sheila, Steve Brown, George Britton, Sean Groth, Caron Copek, Bodster, diane jackson, Janice Rafael, Adam Holdsworth, Tim Jones, darren, Jack Hunt, Richard, Jason, s. van toen, oliphaunt, Joe Swane, PM, juliancole, John Allan
Last updated: 2008-01-14
More stuff about Hackney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hackney Knowhere Board