The Best Things in Hackney, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hackney.
The Best Things
- the mix of people
- my man mark schelter is there and we will soon be together here in america
- Clapton Square.........tranquil - and the marshes - with some company for safety
- food people pubs bars galleries venues parks old buildings
- Its actually not a bad place in which to live. I did it for six years and now I've left I do miss the place. Usually friendly people, a place where the 'melting pot' actually seems to have genuinely benefitted everyone of all races and creeds. Hope this balance remains. I think I may have inadvertently lived in one of the better parts (near Hackney Downs station on Dalston Lane).
- Look you bunch of whingers - I lived there for a decade, I've still got loads of mates there, I never got mugged, I never got robbed, I never got burgled, my car never got nicked or broken in to, I had a real friendly bunch of neighbours and I lived so cheaply that I saved enough to move out - sorry , but you know what I mean...
- The best thing about Hackney? I don't have to live here anymore!
- Never five minutes from another bar/club.
- London Fields, Hackney Marshes and Hommerton Park.
- its cheap. this is the ONLY good thing
- Cheap to live there. But then again shit holes usually are.
- Hoxton Square at night. Brick Lane and Spitalfield Market for food and organic veg on a Sunday.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: simon hughes, Wooj, Dan Kelly, christine olney, lilz, Anita, Martin Togher, Kirsty Hopkins, Richard Harris, rus, D*, Laura Beduz, Matt Yarnton, ray, Ceri Dingle, Charlene Wiloughby, generic, sheila, Steve Brown, George Britton, Sean Groth, Caron Copek, Bodster, diane jackson, Janice Rafael, Adam Holdsworth, Tim Jones, darren, Jack Hunt, Richard, Jason, s. van toen, oliphaunt, Joe Swane, PM, juliancole, John Allan
Last updated: 2016-09-10
More stuff about Hackney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hackney Knowhere Board