Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hackney.
- MESS CAF ALL DAY EVERYDAY
- is the Appenino still in the Hackney Road? best place to go
- Cafe Alba now gone..a very cheap, good value Thai place now there.
Blue Legume on Church St. is excellent, great salads.
- Orlanda Pizza & Take Away (Kingsland Road) 02072411188. They offer 20% discount on Chinese Food + Free delivery. Their Pizza & Chicken are delicious too!!!!!!
- Pumpkins! mangal on kingsland road for best kebabish outside of turkey, mare st or botom of kingsland road for vietnamese, green papaya, viet hoa, broadway market for gastro pubs and modern
- Mmm. Mess on Amhurst Road. Perfect for weekend breakfasts. So cheap, so good!
- Central One on the corner of Amhurst Rd and Mare st. for a drink or food. Bar Bizarre over the road and under the arches.
- There's a Vietnamese/Chinese place on Dalston Lane, can't remember what its called, but lovely food and very friendly family who run it.
- FU HWA ( RECOMENDED ) ******
- nasty kebab shops man. Brick lane round the corner, all the beigels you can eat for cheap.
- Little Georgia in Broadgate market - a touch of Russia with the surly service. A must see venue.
- Anadolu Loktanasi on Kingsland High Street is great and open 24 hours
Mangal on Arcola St
Vietnamese Canteen on Engelfield Road
- Cafe Alba. Unmissable homecooked food at the junction of Mare Street and Well Street, bring your own booze, popular with the locals for a very good reason.
- The food in the Dove on Broadway Market has been nominated for pub grub of the year several times, eat in the lovely sunken, candle lit area at the back, charming.
- Indochine and Little Georgia are good
- Pumpkins veg cafe on Clarence Road E5. London's only ride in restaurant. Take your own bike. The Cherry Orchard on Roman Road run by the local Buddhist women. Falafel House in Spitalfield Market.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: simon hughes, Wooj, Dan Kelly, christine olney, lilz, Anita, Martin Togher, Kirsty Hopkins, Richard Harris, rus, D*, Laura Beduz, Matt Yarnton, ray, Ceri Dingle, Charlene Wiloughby, generic, sheila, Steve Brown, George Britton, Sean Groth, Caron Copek, Bodster, diane jackson, Janice Rafael, Adam Holdsworth, Tim Jones, darren, Jack Hunt, Richard, Jason, s. van toen, oliphaunt, Joe Swane, PM, juliancole, John Allan
Last updated: 2016-09-10
More stuff about Hackney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hackney Knowhere Board