The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Hackney.
- Adam and Eve that used to have a juke box and pool tables, Jackdaw Stump, Glynn arms but you can get nanked down there also oh wait not they've all been hipsterised and sell overpriced mojitos now
- adam and eve?
- Pub in the Park is far from stunning. Watch the manager collect the takeout plastic glasses from London Fields of a morning and then wash and reuse them. You have been warned.
- Check out the eclipse in lower clapton, right at the bottom of powerscroft road and along a bit (sorry can't rememberthe exact road) really chilled pub, relaxed place, do great food on sundays, and have a lot of stuff going on in the week...
- The George on Parkholme st. Good atmos, lock ins, quiz nights and a range of weird snack foods.
- Strangest pub experience ever was at the Three Compasses on Dalston Lane, full of surreal people, a bit like drinking in a lunatic asylum bar. Pleasant though.
- YE OLD AXE
- • disrict - showed great potential before it opened, then it reverted to closing at 11pm (cen hackney place closing at 11pm-its a joke)
• chimes bar - not!
- the foundry on Old St
- The Grenwood Royal Oak
- No contest in Hackney the best boozers are Pub on the Park (stunning in the summer) on Martello Street, Maddigans on Mare Street (two open fires), Earl Amhurst (bring your own CD's) on Amhurst Road and of course the Dove on Broadway market.
- For a late drink the Samuel Pepys on Mare Street has a fully integrated crowd, good fun but have a drink or two for b4 you head down there especially if it's late. Open til 1am on the weekends. Soon to be demolished and re-built so check it out. Live bands too.
- The Prince George, The Dove and the Prince Arthur are all superb
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: simon hughes, Wooj, Dan Kelly, christine olney, lilz, Anita, Martin Togher, Kirsty Hopkins, Richard Harris, rus, D*, Laura Beduz, Matt Yarnton, ray, Ceri Dingle, Charlene Wiloughby, generic, sheila, Steve Brown, George Britton, Sean Groth, Caron Copek, Bodster, diane jackson, Janice Rafael, Adam Holdsworth, Tim Jones, darren, Jack Hunt, Richard, Jason, s. van toen, oliphaunt, Joe Swane, PM, juliancole, John Allan
Last updated: 2016-09-10
More stuff about Hackney
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hackney Knowhere Board