The Best Things in Hammersmith, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
The Best Things
- Whoever posted about Sacred Heart shows what the standard of education is there.
- SACRED HEART SCHOOL I GO THERE IT ROX SO SHUT UR MAUT
- I hope this is the right place! We have bought the old Fire Station next the the Palais. We are converting it to provide affordable flats on the upper floors. But downstairs we will be making a new Bar/Restaurant. As this is a Listed Building we are on the look out for an operator who will respect the building but also appeal to local people. Suggestions for cool operators would be very welcome. It cant be a noisy venue though because of the residents above!
Please send any sugestions to Jason.Grant@eu.joneslanglasalle.com. Many thanks guys.
- Easy access by public transport to almost anywhere else in London. Plenty of shops and eateries.
- School Disco at the Palais.Totally Surreal.
Literally 1000s 20 and 30 somethings in school
outfits flooding the area early Saturday Evenings.
- Fulham Brass Band. Currently experiencing period of growth and have quite a busy diary for the forthcoming months. In 2001 have already played at Duke's Meadow Bandstand, Golders Hill Park (NW11) and the Oxford v. Cambridge Boat Race. Have raised over £15k for cancer charities in the last 8 years.
- Chelsea football club yes it is in fulham
- Free flow traffic thru the centre
A modern tube station with an elevator that works.
Great for changng heavy loads liie bikes and buggies
on the Piccadily or District lines.
Letts Go and Co accommodation agency-friendly and dont mind
people too much who are being"hurt by the ression,"
- The River.
- The Thames on a quite summer evening.
Close to the WestEnd, Kings Road, High St Ken to the east, but you can also get out of the city in a few minutes to the west, with Richmond Park only a few minutes away.
- Those easy going days of summer lazing on Parsons Green under the shady trees.... just watching the world go by.
- The ski-ing season - all the sloanes clear out of Fulham at this point
- Great for eating out, and pubs. The Thames is nice there as well, and Hammersmith Bridge.. Take your pick!
- Ravenscourt Park on a sunny day in Autumn.
- The Ark
- Best thing about Hammersmith is (especially if you are male and just becoming sexually aware) Hammersmith tube station - er, girls: Godolphin and Latymer, St.Pauls and even Sacred Heart (debatable I know); also Brook Green watching the drunks, especially the bloke with the bra who plays tennis against the back of St.Pauls swimming pool.
- If you're in your twenties single and up for a good time, it's probably one of the best places to go out in London
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2016-05-28
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board