Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Hammersmith, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- The Darkness, Sex Pistols and The Who all lived in the same vicinity but not all at the same time (obviously).
- Newsreaders, broadcasters, rude stroppy PR people from the record industry. Vanessa Regdrave.
- Alan Rickman ... plays Professor Severus Snape in Harry Potter... was also in Die Hard, Michael Collins, Dogma, Sense and Sensibility, etc.(there are about 20 more)..basically the greatest actor ever born!
- John Humphrys
- Daniel Radcliffe
- Liz Hurley
Jill Dando (defintely ex)
- Shepherd's Bush does not boast a huge amount of celebrities (they all move to Notting Hill as soon as they are succesful!) But Nick Cave lived here Maybe still does) and was apparently spotted walking across the Green to his own gig at the Empire the last time he played there. Also spotted drinking in the Bushranger over the years-James Dean Bradfield from the Manic Street Preachers, Dolores O'Riorden from the Cranberries and Jim Bob and Fruit Bat from Carter the Unstoppabel Sex machine! (Yes I thought you'r be impressed!)
- Cedric from TFI Friday (which is filmed at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith).
Since both EMI and Polygram have their offices in the area, you can see a lot of singers wandering around - Finlay Quaye, The Honeyz, Jarvis Cocker (at Townhouse Studios on Goldhawk Road).
- Johnny Vaughn of The Big Breakfast
Holly Johnson, former lead singer with Frankie goes to Hollywood
Carol Thatcher - ex-resident
Danni Minogue - ex-resident
- Magnus Pyke
- Vanessa Redgrave
- Richard Briers
- Faye Dunaway (well.. Chiswick actually) she moved on when the council wouldn't let her make her street a private road.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board