Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
- Light of Nepal did not do cheap food and anyway it packed up years ago.
- Cromwells and Thai City are long gone. McDonalds is only in Hammersmith station (District/Piccadilly lines). There's a food court in Kings Mall but it ain't cheap.
- MacDonalds, Cromwell's for kebabs, Burger King (only open during shopping hours in Kings Mall), Thai City (poor service) Light of Nepal (excellent.
- McD's. Burger King is only open when the mall but not always on Sundays.
- Pa's Head in Blythe Rd- does the best damn Thai food this side of Thailand!!
- A great place for Ice cream is a Van on the corner of Stevanige Road and bishops park Road. Just out side the bishops park gate. Thay have been their since 1888. Serving the park and Fulham and away supporters bye 4 generations of the same family.
- The Kebab Machine on Shepherds Bush Road - unique chilli/mint sauce.
- Iguacu at Fulham Broadway, great food, great host. Comfortable sofas for a spot of coffee, relaxed dining room for great food - and lovely artwork on walls for sale. Love it, and the hard working staff lots!
- The most awful Safeways in Britain, care in the community joint.
La Strega - fine italian food, served by friendly italian people.
- Azou in King Street - top N African
- An awesome cheap meal can be had at the Best Mangal restauarant on North End Rd, just down from West Ken tube station. It's a barbeque Turkish restaraunt that has great food, low prices, great service and a good atmosphere.
- Los Reyes on King Street, Hammersmith: Good Spanish tapas if a little pricey. Welcoming
place which seems to be solely run by Spanish ex-pat and his wife.
Late-night Gibraltan tapas at The Rock on Fulham Broadway: cheap (£20 for a good-sized meal for two
with a couple of pints of San Miguel). Very welcoming and nice waitresses ;)
- Il Pagliaccio on Wandsworth Bridge Road is excellent for good well-priced food and
very friendly Italian waiters (yell "ayyyyyy!" and see what happens).
- Pow Wow opp. W Ken tube is great - fab food at bargain prices and a friendly laid-back atmosphere
- Kebab Kid, New King's Road, SW6 - is the best kebab takeaway shop in the world
Emile's, Wandsworth Bridge Road, SW6 - top french food and excellent prices
Joe's Brasserie, Wandsworth Bridge Road, SW6 - thirtysomething type bar, not bad
- Hammersmith has the best vegetarian restaurant in London and possibly the UK. It's called 'The Gate' and it's in Queen Caroline Street (just round the corner from the Labatts Apollo or whatever it's called these days). (I have no connection with the restaurant other than that I eat there a lot and I like it).
- Thai - Sabai Sabai. This is a brilliant restaurant! (also another one I can't remember the name of)
- Sumos (kind of a diner, has booths)
- Yoshi (more posh)
- Indian - about a dozen, the best is Light of Nepal
- Mr Wongs Wonderful House
- The Colonial
- All are very good.
- Lots of other places, from posh English to fast food.
- Best fast food - "Indian" take away opposite the Hammersmith & City Line tube station. Star Kebab, Shepherds Bush Rd.
- Best place is the Half Moon Cafe in Fulham Palace Road, this is the finest greasy spoon yet discovered
- Cooke's Pie, Mash and Eel Shop, Goldhawk Road, next to Shepherds Bush Market, THE BEST pie and mash in London!
- Fulham Broadway boasts some excellent restaurants: Blue Elephant - very expensive Thai, and Formosa - my favourite Chinese. Also Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian, Italian and Spanish tapas.
- The kebab shop by the tube station is where Wimbledon FC used to go after a night out My mate went parked his (motor)bike outside and went to get a kebab - when we came out there was a bunch of louts eating kebabs off his bike seat - 'oi piss off you lot' he said, and so they did then I told him - 'do you know who that was - Vinny Jones and his mates !'
- The Blue Elephant famous for it's Thai food Good chippie across from tube station
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2016-05-28
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board