Demolish It Now Building in Hammersmith, Greater London*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
Demolish It Now Building
- the shopping mall
- The Hop Poles pub near M&S in King Street, it's lacking to put it politely.
- Hammersmith is a shabby place all-round.
- Not exactly a building, but every single road should be turfed over and planted with shaded walkways. That would stop Hammersmith from feeling like an enormous roundabout.
- The Ark.
- The town hall and ALL the towr blocks
The Conservatives published a glossy booklet in the mid 1980s
called "Action for Cities"Ever since various other plans have been proposed
but nuthin beats gelegnite!
- Well, happilly they are refurbishing the nasty concrete shopping centre at Shepherd's Bush Green, hopefully they will also remove that naff flyover shaped like an intercity train. While they are at it how about doing something about the rusting Sheep and Bushes on the roundabout subways!
- Kings Mall is ugly as sin.
- The huge star-destroyer-shaped Seagram building next to the flyover. Those horrible 1970s brown smoked windows. Eugh!
- The whole of the North End Road and all of Sands End.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2008-01-15
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board