The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Hammersmith, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- U HERE
- Hammersmith is a seriously shabby place that needs a major clean up in many ways,
- There is a book called SUNDOG ( can't remember the author ) but it is actually set in Brook Green in the Deli called Sutherlands.
- can someone tell me if the bench featured on the credits of bottom really exists?
- St Simon's C of E Church. Its the spire you can see from Shepherds Bush Green - a pretty diverse crowd on Sundays at 10.30sm. Nice music - good people - all welcome.
- Fulham Brass Band rehearse at Chiswick Club Society, Chiswick High Road, London W4 (nearest tube is Stamford Brook on District Line) on Thursdays from 7.45 to 10pm approx. Currently experiencing period of growth and have quite a busy diary for the forthcoming months. In 2001 have already played at Duke's Meadow Bandstand, Golders Hill Park (NW11) and the Oxford v. Cambridge Boat Race.
- Hammersmith is a rough tough area.
Its really just a through stop on other points east and west.
- Fulham Football Club are shortly to dominate British, European and World football. Shame its Al Fayeds money, mind.
- Those who want a more 'stimulating' time should try Secrets. Its a topless dancers/lapdancing joint. It's along the road that runs behind Kings Mall. Very heavily guarded by enormous bouncers, so no messing them around if you're under 21!
- Cosmic Comedy Club on Fulham Palace Road. Good on a Friday or Saturday night.
- Beer festival at Olympia in August.
- Lots of trade fairs, Ideal Home exhibition etc at the same place.
- Oxford-Cambridge Boat race: a good time to be somewhere other than at the Thames near Hammersmith Bridge.
- The Fulham Band: Rehearsals Thursdays 7.30pm, The Music Box, Hammersmith Road
- Christchurch (C of E) Church, Studdridge Street. Services, each Sunday, are at 10.30am and 6.30pm. There's plenty for all age groups, and its a good, friendly, close-knit community!
- We proud people of Fulham don't want to be mucked in with the Hammermsith lot - when our two Boroughs were amalgamated they even tried to diddle us out of our illustrious name! We even have our own brewery - Freedom in Parsons Green.
- Walks - Fulham Palace gardens is very nice when the sun is out! Walk along the river from Hammersmith Bridge to Bishops Park (Putney Bridge) They filmed part of the Omen in the church by Bishops Park
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, David Dexter, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board