The Worst Things in Hammersmith, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Hammersmith.
The Worst Things
- Some awful people. Trouble at night on weekends near the Broadway.
- A lot of the people are the worst things. Caustic middle-class cronies that live in Brackenbury Village are awful. Yobs in council estates above King Street and along Queen Caroline Street are vicious.
- White City Estates, Worst place in London full of youth crime and yobs.
Jehovah Whiteness, every day for about 5 years, rally annoying bible bashers.
- Rude ill-mannered coarse people abound particularly Saturdays. There must be a reason for this.
Really rude cashiers every day in downmarket food-seller Iceland in King Street.
For all the yuppy-ism and sky-high property prices, Hammersmith is still a scruffy low-end district.
- Rude check-out staff in Iceland, King Street. If there were a national competition for bad manners and they were in it, there would be no contest!
Foul-mouthed people in shops, streets, malls, on Saturdays especially.
- A council that supports barmy ideas and charges residents colossal council tax for them but doesn't deal with the grubby streets or lengthy puddles when it rains eso. King Street.
Selfish, boorish people throughout plus loads of down-in-the-mouth people.
Much xenophobia, many yobs and all manner of racists.
- The place is full of yobs and street crime.
Astronomic Council Tax.
- Charity researchers swarming along both sides of King Street from at lunchtimes: getting your name on a database on weekday lunchtimes.
- north end road looks a shambles it use to be a good market gone down hill badly
- The roads, hands down. Oh, and the PR girlies who stand around talking on their mobiles during lunch breaks.
- 50s,60s & 70s Fulham Retro Shop("Zoom") has closed.Near
"Charing Cross Hospital"(which is actually in the centre of Hammersmith).
Seems there is no market for 1950s chrome
soda syphons etc...Sad.
Opposite is what must be the wierdest bric a brac store
in London.Its run by an elderly gentleman who just gurgles
and murmurs.Never in the mood for buying or selling for
that matter.Indeed holding a conversation with gestures is tricky enough.
Outsife a wholly stereotypical pile of er...used bric a brac.
- The annoying people who moan about anything and everything but never do anything about it.
- Hammersmith Gyratory road system is a complete abortion. Expect long delays. Fulham Palace Road is even worse. Long tailback even late on a Sunday evening thanks to bad lane markings and about two hundred sets of pedestrian crossings! If you're travelling on a Saturday and Fulham are playing at home forget it! Bit of a road rage blackspot as a consequence...
- The Wimbledon tube on a night when Chelsea are playing at home.
- The noise from the Hammersmith flyover.
- Worst thing about Hammersmith is Sacred Heart School.
- Transport - Fulham's not very accessible to people unless you live in South London. You have to change at Earls Court on the tube
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Derek, K.Halsey, Milhouse, guy, Colin, bert, Lucy, Rick, jim, Borris Carloof, Matt, roger, Ginger Jon, lee rider, John Santilli, Ceara Rea, Chris Amies, JC, generic, raquel, amy cook, Sponds, bratty, paula jones, mo, Sam M, dave, conrad, Christine, Heidi Fikke, Debbie, denis, James Hamilton, Big Hal, lLolita, Antonia Hollingsworth, G. Ryan, Justin Coll, tina, Joel Rowbottom, Chloe, FeevaDanMC, Matt Blake, Richard, Doug Peacock, C Hill, Nick Dempsey, Jenn Wolfe, Jeremy Sandle, spaceman jim, Ed, Dianne, Ed Browne, Frank Koffer, badger, Andy, Angela Tregaskes
Last updated: 2015-04-06
More stuff about Hammersmith
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hammersmith Knowhere Board