The Best Things in Hampstead, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hampstead.
The Best Things
- The Heath, Primrose Hill, The crazy bookshop in Hampstead that looks tiny on the outside but huge inside.
- is sport
- A guide for visitors to Hampstead Heath.
1. Dogs and their owners are there every day, all day. Get over it.
2. Attacks on females and homosexuals are on the increase. Be very
aware - or take a dog or two.
3. If you're lost or in trouble approach a dog walker - they know every inch
of the Heath and a great network for emergencies.
4. If you want to park in Kenwood car park the established protocol on a busy
day (usually fine weather and weekends) is to form an orderly queue at the
entrance. It's uncool and likely to result in harsh words to race round, turn
round and race back again. The car park is one-way.
5. If you arrive at the car park on a motor bike try not to take up an entire
car space on busy days. Bike stands are available.
6. There are about four Disabled parking Bays immediately next to the cafe at
Kenwood House, although signs for this are woefully inadequate.
7. The amount of rubbish left by concert-goers during the summer is unbelievable
- and dangerous. Watch your children and dogs carefully.
- Being with my girlfriend in the Heath
- OK, OK...so it's pricey but it's got all you could want. Stone's throw from Central London, great transport links and a Heath. Wahey!!
- The beautiful Georgian and Edwardian houses.
- The small Indian restaurant just down from South End Green (I'm talking mid 1970's) food was good, especially the rabbit curry, and they always had kittens wandering around the resturant, unfortunately, the council closed it down when the health inspectors found cat carcasses in the 'fridge, I AM NOT KIDDING...however I still think the food was good, purr purr.
- the villagy feel
- Everything. Hampstead central is delightful. West charming, but becoming increasingly attractive to materialist airheads. Fortune Green delightful, smallscale. Hampstead is the closest place to heaven in inner (or anywhere in) London.
- BOY GEORGE QUEEN OF THE WORLD LIVES THERE....oh yeah and some of my friends...but BOY George lives there !!
- Sex on the Heath
- The atmosphere and character of the place.....it's so easy for me to feel at home there.
- DAVE ROWNTREE LIVES HERE!!! we met his neighbour...(see celebrity section.)
- The Heath
- no scum. 'enry 'iggins hair salon in flask walk.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sheila, helen, Aiysha, d, Denis Kerr, vikas, mark, sharon baxter, Wynn Wheldon, claire, jess, P.niss, lorraine prince, David Lovatt, Andrew Silke, Fee Mercury Moon, Joe, generic, james kerton, paul denyer, Matthew Robin, Alex, Sarah Hird, Stuart Matthews, Paul Ramiz, Dave, froth horse, Fergus Murray, paul spencer, Ian Edgar, Rhiannon-boy george lover !!, Betty Gray, Russell Hobbs, Ann Schexnyder, NIC AARONS, Fran Gavin, mark chapman, Hugh Morrison, andy smith, Cindy, David Johnston, David Harvey, Terry Moxley, cils, Jez
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hampstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hampstead Knowhere Board