Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Hampstead.
- The Screen on the Hill in Belsize Park is a lovely place to while away a rainy Sunday afternoon - its really little and a bit like how cinemas used to be.
- The ABC Hampstead Heath down the bottom end of Hampstead next to the Royal Free Hospital is dirt cheap and always empty; good venue for back row frolicking. Arty farty films are always available at the old fashioned Everyman cinema up top near the Food Hall.
- EVERYMAN! Newly refurbished reopened and back on form. and reasonably priced now. No wonder Pullman couldn't hack it. They hadn't a clue. The new owners love diverse array of quality films. Also home of annual "Made in Camden" (Borough) Film Festival. Screen on the Hill (Haverstock Hill) not to be knocked. The Tricycle in Kilburn/West Hampstead (as estate agents like to call it)s a shortish walk away, also highly recommended.
- The Everyman has indeed been refurbished as the Pullman Everyman and lost some of its charm. It has become, like the Screen on the Green, a cinema that leans towards independent films rather than the paragon of varied and challenging programming it used to be.
- YES! - Love these...grew up going to them regularly....I only wish where I live now had as many cinemas to go to as North London....
- The Everyman Cinema- the oldest reportory cinema in the world is currently under refurbishment but will hopefully open, with a new cafe, in February. This is one of the nicest places on earth.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Sheila, helen, Aiysha, d, Denis Kerr, vikas, mark, sharon baxter, Wynn Wheldon, claire, jess, P.niss, lorraine prince, David Lovatt, Andrew Silke, Fee Mercury Moon, Joe, generic, james kerton, paul denyer, Matthew Robin, Alex, Sarah Hird, Stuart Matthews, Paul Ramiz, Dave, froth horse, Fergus Murray, paul spencer, Ian Edgar, Rhiannon-boy george lover !!, Betty Gray, Russell Hobbs, Ann Schexnyder, NIC AARONS, Fran Gavin, mark chapman, Hugh Morrison, andy smith, Cindy, David Johnston, David Harvey, Terry Moxley, cils, Jez
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hampstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hampstead Knowhere Board