Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Harringay, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Harringay.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Slaisbury is open 'til late on the weekends but no dancefloor. A better bet is Latino's on Green Lanes (packed out on a Saturday night), Lotus cafe (fun for all the family) or Cactus, an intriguing late bar, always rammed on the weekends, and my sources tell me there is a fetish club in the basement.
- Half of the shops on Green Lanes are Turkish or Kurdish social clubs. Members only. Unless you want a bullet between your eyes. (Lots of that sort of stuff recently). Otherwise... it's all pubs.
- The Salisbury and the Manor House are both open late on weekends, The Salisbury being the cheaper option. There is, or was, a club just next to the Manor House but it's the sort of club where yellow witness information boards are a part of the decor so best avoided. There's also the Turkish and Greek members' cafes which, if you know someone who can get you in, are an expensive way to drink late but offer an at-table hard core (and probably fatal) drugs service.
latino club in the same building as harringey snooker hall
- The nearest thing to clubs are the numerous Turkish/Greek cafes all of which have bright strip lighting and are full of Turkish/Greek men drinking coffee and playing pool/cards/draughts. They all have a small minicab office at the front and a sign saying "waitress required". Not being Turkish/Greek I have never dared/wanted to enter. There is a snooker club which I suspect is similar to the above.
The Salisbury Arms often has late music and drinking (til 2am or so), sometimes local bands.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Bill Newland, S.Walters, froth horse, Ali Franks, Pete Tims, ray berry, Nico Hogg, Richard Head, junior, louis younger, Paul Louis, up north, Mr Bongo, Alan Bradshaw, Amy, caram, generic, Smiffy, chris, Bbarr, David smith, Paul lazarra
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Harringay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harringay Knowhere Board