The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Harringay, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Harringay.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Just discovered your site. Why did Harringay change to Haringey? When did Harringay arena close down?
- Run, Run now, while theres still time
- Harringay used to be the capital of British Dog Racing.
- Handy little shortcut to Highgate if you're Walking/Cycling. Around the back of Finsbury Park in between the two Basketball/Tennis court areas and over the railway bridge is an old abandoned railway line that takes you out by highgate tube, avoiding all the traffic. Can get very muddy after a few days rain though.
- Harringay/Haringey mix-up is explicable as follows.....
'Harringay' is the name of the region as described perviously. ie: the bit of Green Lanes between Manor Park and Turnpike Lane and surrounding streets.
'Haringey' is the brainchild of some genius council functionary whose job it was to come up with a name for the new Borough as constituted when, er, when the present Greater London map was drawn up. Haringey is, believe it or not, a messy collision of the names Harringay and Hornsey into one, frankly absurd, term supposed to represent both areas.
- so many nemtal people you just have to go there to see how mental it all is
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Bill Newland, S.Walters, froth horse, Ali Franks, Pete Tims, ray berry, Nico Hogg, Richard Head, junior, louis younger, Paul Louis, up north, Mr Bongo, Alan Bradshaw, Amy, caram, generic, Smiffy, chris, Bbarr, David smith, Paul lazarra
Last updated: 2008-09-01
More stuff about Harringay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harringay Knowhere Board