The Worst Things in Harringay, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Harringay.
The Worst Things
- people are effing rude and suspicious - even the old black-clad grannies and the mums with prams
- Piss heads stumbling down Muswell Hill after closing time and talking complete and utter bollocks, very loud.
- When they don't serve you 24 hour booze
- The name, Harringay, often confused with Haringey (London Borough of)
- The traffic. It's a nightmare. You can grow feet of facial hair in the time it takes to get from the Salisbury to Hermitage Road. The rude-boy 14-19 year olds who think they own the road. Well, maybe they do. But try going anywhere else in London and watch them decimate like the worms that they are. It's a pain in the backside to get anywhere, despite its close proximity to everywhere.
- The lack of a decent pub, the streets need to be cleaned and cleared of rubbish more regularly, the traffic along Green Lanes can be awful, Manor House Tube station could do with a refit and it would be nice if there was more diversity in the range of restaurants.
- Amount of Rubbish on Green Lanes. Near Arsenal.
- The litter. The drug dealers. The pigeons under the Silverlink railway bridge. The slightly paranoid ambience. The middle class slummers who could probably afford to live in Crouch End or even the scummier parts of Islington but are just too tight arsed to do so. The sense that this is really what London Life is all about and consequent urge to commit suicide, or move, whichever seems less painful.
- 24 hour fast drugs, dodgy pubs, unreliable buses and plenty of scary things going on in the parks.
- All the litter and rotting food lying around due to the shops (above)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Bill Newland, S.Walters, froth horse, Ali Franks, Pete Tims, ray berry, Nico Hogg, Richard Head, junior, louis younger, Paul Louis, up north, Mr Bongo, Alan Bradshaw, Amy, caram, generic, Smiffy, chris, Bbarr, David smith, Paul lazarra
Last updated: 2010-07-01
More stuff about Harringay
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harringay Knowhere Board