Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Harrogate.
- Anywhere you want just make sure you know where it is
- best spot 4 meeting is probably near rosset nature reserve although ders uvers
- cenetaph,odean,wollies,bijou, one arch
- The Valley Gardens - hurrah for shady corners!
- we normaly meet up at the train station, or out side WH smiths...
- has to be outside maccy D's when you were 14!!!
- the theatre, loads of kl people there
- railway stn. under the bridge is good for skatin or just chillin
- alliance rocks,its the best shop in town.loads of snowboarding gear and now doing sk8 stuff again.Can,t believe some looser said the staff in alliance are arrogant,they are all cool.If you dont believe me go check it out for your self.
- Oakdale golf course forest - it kicks ass and i've camped there twice.
- McDonalds, the bench outside St John's Church/library
- Trik In Town although theyve decided they hate the clutter
- Don't go anywhere near Maccy D's unles u want 2 get in2 a fite wit a loada Scals. Starbucks or Indulge,nice an sophis' sumwere 2 get away frm al da loosas wit nowhere 2go
- if u wanna meet people to go skate with go to trik, opposite mcdonalds. theres always some good ppl 2 skate with in there. usually theres ppl outside it aswell, infront of bhs.
- Cafe Nero and Starbucks are the most popular, and Indulge near the train station is chilled. But Harrogate seriously needs a funky meeting place for youngsters.
- for all the Kevvers, id say go to the carpark near the bus station or national tyres if u av no luck there check out www.cruiseharrogate.co.uk
- outside mcdonalds, the odeon or starbucks. all gd meetin places.
- woolies and mac donalds scally and trendy central, moshers etc found in the valleys or cenetaff or on random benches and green huts near bettys area.
- we always used to drink cheap cider outside christchurch on the stray.
there was also the amphitheatre ouside victoria gardens if it wasn't raining(or inside pissing off the security guards if it was) until theey paved it over -grrr!
- Woolworths of course!
- Lots of sad bastard boy racers in Nova SR's doing circuits of town
- At the moment it would appear to be outside Asda as soon as school has finished and all you want to do is go in, grab your take away chinese meal for two and get home WITHOUT having to encounter a load of sad be-permed Shazza'z and equally socially inept boyfriends, being tripped up by skateboards etc.
- On a hot sunny day, the young folk of Harrogate seem to meet around the Cenotaph. During the winter those same people can be found in places such as Cafe Nero. On an evening those that don't look old enough to get in the pubs can be found outside McDonalds.
- definitely maccy D's
- One Arch, you go down there, whether it be Friday or Saturday night, and you will be laughed at by a large bunch of 4th years from Fishers. All of them will be drunk and some on illegal narcotics. It may be a sleezy place to go, but lets admitt it, we've all mooched down one arch!
- The park swings on the Bilton playing field.
- The Cenetaph or the valley gardens - why, i do not know!
- Don't know who said MacD's - the pavement's only about 1mm wide. Outside Woolies is the top spot
- out side woolworths its the cetre of town!
- Hook-up spots. Don't forget the cenotaph or the shelter outside XIX
- As with most towns, it seems to be on the corner outside Macdonalds, where the little blighters spill out onto the road getting in the way of taxis and grown-up people trying to get to the cashpoints
- The Valley Gardens, where many a 14 year old budding alcoholic has regurgitated their hard won bottle of diamond white. Definitely the place to loiter.
- Oscars/Franks/Valley Bar is the worsest yet the most popular place for young 'uns to hang out !!
- what about the great gardens, pine woods etc?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin, Claire Lovatt, Lucy Russell-Hobbs, laura, Myles, simon, marskeunited, donna, :), Dan, Stu, Andy Chambers, Rich, Trouble, oranjeboom, Karl, lizzie jack, Roger Velcro, Jake, PARKER BMX RULES, Ian Smith , kate, Tim Sketchley, John Connors, Rudy lover, Jobie, ashley reaks, Gordy, ceri, Steph, John Whitehead, Laura Jeffrey, DeeDee, boycer, matt daligan, Roger W. Poultney, jamie, will, Richard Butler, Lisa Hale, info, L.Fox, James Aitken, Abigail, Brad, Essjay C, greeny, Bob, Jeff Whiley, sarah, Hannah Thrall, Annie Metcalfe, Tony, Lee Stacey, Jane, Mirrorman, Trev, Lucy Charlton, Arron Halton, geoffbeckfan03, k, bb, miles, James Roberts, t, luke, loz, Tracie, M Upton, Mike, summer, ryan callaghan, generic, Mousetower, Danny, nik, Ian, Jo, owen worsnop, h griffiths, Allan Smyth, David Lancaster, manda, Wayne, rob, bEx, Vivien.G., Cassie, thomas p, Michelle Hung, Parker Da man, gary, richard turner, Kay, allan, Charlie Brown, Cap, Jon, Rob Donnelly, Liz Smith, d pinchen, J!oseph, kate sandler, jnoi, marianne, LOLipop, Snapey, Matt A, callum, amy, Crista
Last updated: 2011-04-11
More stuff about Harrogate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harrogate Knowhere Board