The Best Things in Harrogate, North Yorkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Harrogate.
The Best Things
- school (ironic)
- The top end of Harrogate is lovely...the Valley Gardens and the Pinewoods are great for walking and fresh air...
- rudy of course its worth going there just to see him. he gave me a tub of marmalade free once. tasted nice...
- skating mountain boarding
- Its a place where you can have a quiet life and easily move to places where life is less quiet.
- the alright skatespots
- The stray in summer.
- the stray nd valley gardens
- The very sexy ladies. Especially on a nice summers eve, if you get what i mean!
- Excellent for egging
- Harrogate is a good town for families or older people. It's got some quite close-knit communities and good schools. It's also quite a pretty town in Summer, especially round the Valley Gardens (by day anyway!!). There are some great walks round the Nidd Gorge and some lovely pubs on the outskirts of the town.
- Valley Gardens in the summer
- close to leeds...kinda
- lived here all my life, n still love it
- around the cenotaph when its really sunny, its always busy with people sunbathing, its also funny if a bird poos on all of those people...
- the thing i like most about harrogate is that you will find so many different types of people getting along (most of the time!). harrogate is generally a really nice medium sized town. it has a lot of bars and clubs for its size, but that goes with the amount of students that call it home, the 'young professionals' and the conference center brings a lot of business people out on a night too. on a night you might walk into any bar in the center of town and find a healthy mix of all three, and others, all intent on having a good time, regardless of what 'social set' they normally belong to.
- There are loads of great looking girls in harrogate!
- Summer time, so much grass to sit on you can sit in the middle of the stray away from everyone.
- robert purdy
- harrogate is very nice, to visit, i imagine.
- Jimmys. People having lots of money and nice cars. Not much trouble.
- The Stray-remember this when you leave you wont find anything like it anywhere else
- The Valley Gardens - the perfect place to spend a Saturday morning (but not in the rain)
Loads of cafe's
- Has to be Genny H. Gorgeous top over forty totty!
- sunbathing in the valley gardens
- I managed to leave there about two years ago.
- There's a couple of pubs where the ale's cheap, I suppose.
- Harrogate is just so *nice* that even when it rains, it rains nicely. Stray FM - the radio station - has competitions where you can win things like book tokens, its really local and friendly - the DJs look out the window and comment on the people waiting at the traffic lights on Station Parade. The Stray itself is great just because of its cool name - its a big green park all round 2 sides of the town centre
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin, Claire Lovatt, Lucy Russell-Hobbs, laura, Myles, simon, marskeunited, donna, :), Dan, Stu, Andy Chambers, Rich, Trouble, oranjeboom, Karl, lizzie jack, Roger Velcro, Jake, PARKER BMX RULES, Ian Smith , kate, Tim Sketchley, John Connors, Rudy lover, Jobie, ashley reaks, Gordy, ceri, Steph, John Whitehead, Laura Jeffrey, DeeDee, boycer, matt daligan, Roger W. Poultney, jamie, will, Richard Butler, Lisa Hale, info, L.Fox, James Aitken, Abigail, Brad, Essjay C, greeny, Bob, Jeff Whiley, sarah, Hannah Thrall, Annie Metcalfe, Tony, Lee Stacey, Jane, Mirrorman, Trev, Lucy Charlton, Arron Halton, geoffbeckfan03, k, bb, miles, James Roberts, t, luke, loz, Tracie, M Upton, Mike, summer, ryan callaghan, generic, Mousetower, Danny, nik, Ian, Jo, owen worsnop, h griffiths, Allan Smyth, David Lancaster, manda, Wayne, rob, bEx, Vivien.G., Cassie, thomas p, Michelle Hung, Parker Da man, gary, richard turner, Kay, allan, Charlie Brown, Cap, Jon, Rob Donnelly, Liz Smith, d pinchen, J!oseph, kate sandler, jnoi, marianne, LOLipop, Snapey, Matt A, callum, amy, Crista
Last updated: 2010-04-12
More stuff about Harrogate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harrogate Knowhere Board