Skateboarding Spots in Harrogate, North Yorkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Harrogate.
- where is the gasworks?
- Betties, Gassy, Fishers bank, high schools, new park soon to valley gardens.
- Gassy/Various big rooftops
- Downn the side of carphone ware house thres a nice long ledge thats always waxed
- well there is a good slipstreem on ashville field where the tractors go but the shitty headmaster sent us off so go to rosset theres quite a good downhill for a ramp but u can do shitty ollies into the sand pit also theres grammar but its only good coz u can put wax on the rail and then boardslide or grind it.
- well theres confrence centre, argos leadge,waitrose,rosset,woodlands school, fishers, morrisons, and a load of other stuff
- I need a place to put a mobile skate park on 6 novemebre in harrogate. any ideas?
no schools will have it and because skaters have left pallets and made up ramps around Hornneam Park non of the businesses will have it there. Trying for the college but still waiting, Any other ideas tell me quick.
- well well well... i spose allt he spots i know are already mentioned... but i guess we could say under the bridge at the train station... anyone been there? waxed curbs, good for manuling over... also its normaly dry... when it rains its good... only when theres no cars though thats the hard part :/
- the gasworks !
- rosset,confrence,argos ledge,i cant think
- Woah, theres loads of skate spots in harrogate. A good one to start at is the conference centre. This has a 6 then round the corner there is a 5-4-2 and a 4.
Theres majestics hotel roof, which has a nice little ledge. You're pretty much gonna get kicked off there, so be quick!
Waitrose roof (used to be safeway) is nice, theres a perfect ledge (thats if the carpark spaces are empty) and a little yellow grindy kirb thing.
Round the corner from waitrose are some ledges that range from small to quite high, with a little two set near there.
There is a ledge around the back of argos, thats pretty fun but the landing is a bit shitty!
Now for the schools... Woodlands is pretty decent, it's got a nice grass gap, a couple of fours and a six. Rosset school has a 7, 8 and others but you might get kicked off buy the pirate caretaker. John Fishers has a pretty high ledge and a five. Grammer has some nice sets (can't remember what though) and so does Ashville.
- magistrates 4, railway stn., ledge near nevisport with 2 set round the corner, six set next to revolution (pub thing)wich a has a gold habdrail, bilton libray has a massive 3 but u need to ask for direction off the 201 bilton bus from town, thats about all GO TO LEEDS! p.s Bilton Grange school and saltergate school in bilton.
- Its election time again and council is looking for young votes. Want a skate park? a few urban fun boxes, gear placed away from scals. the time is now.
Watch this space.
- Saltergate has a massive 10 set however the run-up is blocked by a shitty bench. Take a pipe wrench and some mates and the bench is no longer a problem. There are three four sets, one has a shitty landing approx 4' drom a brick wall. The other two have good run-ups and landings however both have 'one set' near the beginning of the run-up and one of them has a two and a three set incorporated in the run. There is one kick-ass 2-3-2 set that is so close its like a 7 set. Massive run up of about 50 meters. Loads of benches and a proper gnarly caretkaers shed. Always locked up so you'll have to climb over a shitty fence. You can get a bike over but its a pain in the ass. No one gives a shit but a scalls live in the area (wankers - always runing things). Decent ledges and shit can be found at a place called the Killinghall Moor Community Park - outside the changing rooms. Some decent parks in the top-end, scall-free zone of harrogate (usually anything past crowberry drive and the opposite side of jennyfields drive to the council estate). There is an amazing ledge about 2 1/2' high in the top carpark of waitrose (was safeways). A cool yellow-grindable thing is there as well.
- Outside the conference centre. Shame they shut down the one at the Hydro, it was a good idea just not thought through enough (councils!!!)
- Got to be up at Rosset just past grammar brilliant school big 2, 3 and 4 small 3 stairs, banks, ledges and a long downhill trip back to town
- rite, i tell thee. harrogates pretty dam fine 4 skatin IF u no where ur goin. for starters conference centre is only off limits wen theres sumthin goin on inside, other wise u never get kicked off. its hardly ben skate stopped, only little bumps in some flat banks, the steps are stil all skateable - a 5 and then a 5 a 4 and a 3 in a row. woodlands is also a good spot, its out of the centre of town so ull have to ask how to get there from ppl, try the guys in trik, theyl no. its only about 5 mins walk. theres grammar school, thats ok, but only if u can b arsed, cant actually remember wats there, long 3 then a 6 or 7 set i think. then theres this restaurant about 2 mins from town, im cluless as to wat its called but i think its a 5 set with a good handrail down it. well there the onlt places i think r worth skating in harrogate. other good places r ripon n knarseborugh, there both probably beta 4 skatin than harrogate actually but watever. k thats all the info i can b bothered 2 give. im sure theres plenty more tho.
- Trik. Jim n Andy v friendly n helpful.
- the conference centre n the bit outside the bac of bhs
- woodlands school on wetherby road. nice ledge, grass gap about the size of a 7.
a 4 set, two 6 sets. one massive 6 set and a waxed step and a waxed ledge.
- the conference center has been anti-skatered the councel have put lumps on the hand rails and taken chunks off the top of the banks so their impossible to grind. They have also covered the run up and landing of every last set so now if you go there youll only find pisshead skals from granby with their taky little 50 p bikes.
- they looking for new place to put the scate park coz they stupidly put it in jennyfield home of scater haters(gribos/scallys)
- morrisons in town - how very dated?! the walls are still there, though.
- The train station carpark is ok, but the safeways upper deck has got a nice yellow boardsiding block and a decent sized ledge.
near valley gardens and bettys theres a HUGE rail
- a new park behind the hydro
- rosset school is gr8 there is a 7 set,8 set,9 set,big 3 set,ledges,rails,a flatbank,small 3 set and a 4 set
- once there was a park, but now its gone (due to relocation, coz of skals) y bother skating harrogate?, go 2 leeds, suppose conference centre is the main scene for skaters, isnt much of a spot, just a few kids rockin the world industries and blind to the world's mellowest bank. o yeh can't leave out young corey; this lad has traveled far from a land sumwhere in the usa, he is saviour to the little kids, but an all out cock to every1 else, alright skater but yet another kid rockin it for the world, the blind and the tony Hawk's. im out, keep tryin harrogate kids.
- rails down the hill by betty's tea rooms
- Hookstone School near MORRISONS and HOMEBASE has got 3 decent stair sets a few good benshes to grind and a large concrete playground for flatland bike riders, worth a look.
- Up near jennyfield there is a cool car park with waxed up ledges that is brilliant for skating.
- Harrogate College and Hornbeam Industrial Park. Some sweet smooth pavements and waxed down curbs. Good 4 set and rails. Go on weekend when its quiet!
- Nothing offical so far as I know, but the ramps and slopes of the conference center are a godsend.
- Varying banks from 5 feet to 1 foot in front of Morrisons (Conference Centre) on Kings Road. Handrails. Painted wall in Safeway's upper car park.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin, Claire Lovatt, Lucy Russell-Hobbs, laura, Myles, simon, marskeunited, donna, :), Dan, Stu, Andy Chambers, Rich, Trouble, oranjeboom, Karl, lizzie jack, Roger Velcro, Jake, PARKER BMX RULES, Ian Smith , kate, Tim Sketchley, John Connors, Rudy lover, Jobie, ashley reaks, Gordy, ceri, Steph, John Whitehead, Laura Jeffrey, DeeDee, boycer, matt daligan, Roger W. Poultney, jamie, will, Richard Butler, Lisa Hale, info, L.Fox, James Aitken, Abigail, Brad, Essjay C, greeny, Bob, Jeff Whiley, sarah, Hannah Thrall, Annie Metcalfe, Tony, Lee Stacey, Jane, Mirrorman, Trev, Lucy Charlton, Arron Halton, geoffbeckfan03, k, bb, miles, James Roberts, t, luke, loz, Tracie, M Upton, Mike, summer, ryan callaghan, generic, Mousetower, Danny, nik, Ian, Jo, owen worsnop, h griffiths, Allan Smyth, David Lancaster, manda, Wayne, rob, bEx, Vivien.G., Cassie, thomas p, Michelle Hung, Parker Da man, gary, richard turner, Kay, allan, Charlie Brown, Cap, Jon, Rob Donnelly, Liz Smith, d pinchen, J!oseph, kate sandler, jnoi, marianne, LOLipop, Snapey, Matt A, callum, amy, Crista
Last updated: 2011-04-11
More stuff about Harrogate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harrogate Knowhere Board