The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Harrogate, North Yorkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Harrogate.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- you have a lot of stuck up people write on this site i advise these people to look at good things in places i reckon wherever the sad depressing little wankers went theyd hate! why dont you ask normal people not stupid single mothers (as in the harrogate case) that are obviously so depressed with there own shitty little life that they try make it seem like everyone else is in as bad a way. Harrogate is a beauty place to live with great people alright there are nobheads where doesnt have em but whoever wrote about it fits into the last catagory hope shes living somewhere nice now that fits her personality possibly america or somewhere with a load of fat arrogant stuck up wankers yours sincerely ryan
- Highest rate of porn downloaded here than anywhere else in the UK... AND one of the highest drug rates. Not so posh now are we?
- we should have a better skatepark it costs true bloods a fortune to get to THE WORKS at Leeds or Prissick Park Middlesboro
- they are flattening the gas works!! and putting a tescos on there i feel so sorry fro skaters
- rudy! theres only one and he's in harrogate! you cant miss him, unless youre as crazy as him, and if you are youre probably a legend anyway. marmalade was well good.
- Schoolkids who dress up like they are in The Killers. You look fecking ridiculous wearing those trousers that are too tight.
- Best school without a shadow of a doubt Harrogate Grammar School.
- Harrogate-the nicest dull town in England? Or the dullest nice town...
- loads of scals here, bottle them alllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Harrogate is a great touristy place and has a big conference trade.
There's always shows and events going on. The Easter Youth Music Festival is always a good experience.
Famous for Betty's, Harrogate Toffee and sulfer water they are now bottling mineral water under the Harrogate Spa brand.
Harrogate council have a lot of work cut out for themselves if they want to shake off the "retirement village" label the town has been given so often in the past.
- The Swan Hotel as made famous by Agathie Christie when she disappeared there does terrible food, and the service is bad, but the toilets have a huge row of nice clean toilet cubicles each with a handy little ledge...
- Ummm in summer when i was with my mates on the stray this drunk couple thought they'd have sex in the middle of the stray(near bettys) where everyone could see! my mate ran up and took a picture so they moved a whole tree distance away! haha. i feel sorry for the guy that had to walk right past them on the path.
- robert purdy is the fittest lad in harrogate and his sister vicky shes a rite laugh
- why is it, that everyone thinks i'm posh just cos i'm from harrogate???
- Anyone actually tried the water?
- The Valley Gardens will do for a shag when you're stuck for somewhere to go. Minging but true.
- I want to know more about the population of Harrogate and the gender ratio.
Besides, I want to know about the percentage of the recruiment im Harrogate.
- Wheezers FC, the best and biggest football team in Harrogate
- there are good jumps at hookstone wood and birk crag
- Well woth a visit - BRANCHLINES CHRISTIAN RESOURCE CENTRE - Commercial Street Harrogate. Full of books, tapes, CD-ROM's, Bibles, magazines & much more. Very friendly & helpful staff.
- When I moved there everyone said "but Harrogate's full of old people"! Maybe, but the town centre is always throbbing with young drinkers in the evening especially in summer, when people are spilled out all over the pavement - the atmosphere's brilliant.
- It's full of large Victorian houses, mostly split into flats and apartments. This town is where the rich come to die. It was a spa town but now generates some of its income by hosting conferences at its international conference centre. Many TV celebrities live in and around the place. Its nearly always full of tourists during the week and has a high student population because of Harrogate College of Arts & Technology and the close proximity of Leeds & York universities. There is a large population of Americans because we have a US base about 5 miles out of town.
To sum up, I've worked throughout Britain, Europe and the Middle East and have settled in Harrogate. It's clean, safe and a very cool place to be.
One more thing, the Theatre Tech's at Harrogate's Hospital are the best there are in the UK. I've even heard that Dave Southwell of Sheffield fame works there!
- Apart from pubs, it has to be said that Harrogate has the best retirement homes in the land. So if you want a tranquil sort of dull place, then go to Harrogate, it can't be beaten.
- I reckon the best thing about Harrogate is the (relative!) peace and quiet compared to cities. It may be a bit sleepy at times but it's not totally dead. It's pretty well located for access to Leeds and York and the road network is pretty good for wider access. It is also in a great location for good countryside and it really comes to life in the Spring and Summer - it can be a bit dead in Winter! The worst thing about Harrogate has got to be the rising unemployment. Recently there have been many companies relocating out of Harrogate for whatever reason, including the Ministry of Defence, and the latest one being Tilcon who are to move out by the end of the year. All that is left are tea rooms and old folks homes.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin, Claire Lovatt, Lucy Russell-Hobbs, laura, Myles, simon, marskeunited, donna, :), Dan, Stu, Andy Chambers, Rich, Trouble, oranjeboom, Karl, lizzie jack, Roger Velcro, Jake, PARKER BMX RULES, Ian Smith , kate, Tim Sketchley, John Connors, Rudy lover, Jobie, ashley reaks, Gordy, ceri, Steph, John Whitehead, Laura Jeffrey, DeeDee, boycer, matt daligan, Roger W. Poultney, jamie, will, Richard Butler, Lisa Hale, info, L.Fox, James Aitken, Abigail, Brad, Essjay C, greeny, Bob, Jeff Whiley, sarah, Hannah Thrall, Annie Metcalfe, Tony, Lee Stacey, Jane, Mirrorman, Trev, Lucy Charlton, Arron Halton, geoffbeckfan03, k, bb, miles, James Roberts, t, luke, loz, Tracie, M Upton, Mike, summer, ryan callaghan, generic, Mousetower, Danny, nik, Ian, Jo, owen worsnop, h griffiths, Allan Smyth, David Lancaster, manda, Wayne, rob, bEx, Vivien.G., Cassie, thomas p, Michelle Hung, Parker Da man, gary, richard turner, Kay, allan, Charlie Brown, Cap, Jon, Rob Donnelly, Liz Smith, d pinchen, J!oseph, kate sandler, jnoi, marianne, LOLipop, Snapey, Matt A, callum, amy, Crista
Last updated: 2010-04-12
More stuff about Harrogate
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Harrogate Knowhere Board