Cheap Food in Haslingden, Lancashire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Haslingden.
- Butter pies from Cissy Green's. Brilliant. They never make enough though.
- lorraines chip shop just behind Broadway in Helmshore is just the best. The prices are good too
- take ur pick (horba) The local cuisine is donkey meat casserole
- Millon - INdian on Mcr Rd - best food ever!
- sleigh restaurant at the Holden Vale Hotel, mmmm.
Millon Indian Takeaway - curries to die for. Even better than Shapla! At least one a week or the withdrawal symptoms become unbearable.
- Sleigh restaurant has now moved . In its place is Clarke's, with excellent food and friendly owners.
- Millon Indian Takeaway on Manchester Road is TO DIE FOR.... but order early cos its so popular it can take two hours at peak times on saturday nights. Even my mum and dad eat here so that's saying something.
- Shapla curry bar makes addictive curries probably the best in the world - you know you have a problem when they ask you how you are when placing an order.....
- Shapla Indian Takeaway on Manchester Road is the very best in Indian cuisine - believe me, asa curry connoisseur who's tried Indians the country over no finer food exists.
- Sleigh restaurant is delicious - expensive but you get your money's worth - very popular and need to book in advance
Louise's is nice too
Shapla is brilliant.. best Indian for miles and miles.
Capanna on Manchester road do a mean hot n spicy pizza.
Hollands pies forever!
- Cissy Green's meat pies are an institution and far to good for the outside world to be aware of.
- Mings Cantonese on Blackburn Road, Zinlina's italian on lower Deardengate is fantastic and great value for money, Sleigh Restaurant on lower Deardengate is very swanky, Louise's on Manchester Road (don't know what its like though)
- In 'take-away town' everything is available. Flaxmoss chippy in Mayfield still good. Hollands Pies. Mmm ...pies.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Starly Moore, Carol Morgan, Simon Smokery, robert wade, Peter Gregory, private_eye, Susan Barker, Eugine Huges, George T Perry, Joshua Gregory, Emma, generic, Loobyloo, albert schofield, Peter Filligan, Jamie, Fred Heeks, Peter taylor, Will Overton, thomas, C Smitter, wayne goldring, Barbara Walsh, Hassy Bird, Nigel Bateson, jason, Stuart Quinn, Paul Kershaw, Archie, Alan rawsthorne, Andy B, finbar, paul
Last updated: 2009-01-12
More stuff about Haslingden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Haslingden Knowhere Board