Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Hastings, East Sussex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Hastings.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Salena Godden aka Saliva Saliva - poet, tv presenter and singer is from Hastings. So is poet Paul Birtell.
- Algi Ward- From the Dammed, Bill Shipton- Splosh, Alex Lester Radio 2 presenter
- Titus oates. The late paula yates.
- John Martyn famous guitarist lived in the old town in the 70s
- Emma Bunton. Jo Brand. John Logie Baird (he invented television and lived above the Wetherspoons...I guess before it was the Wetherspoons). Paul McCartney in Rye and McFly and Keane are both from Battle.
- Suggs, Paula Yates, King Harold!!
- Def Peck...real name Tom Bartlet i think.
- Sion Jenkins who killed his foster daughter Billie Jo with a tent peg to the head. Or did he...
- Tom Bartlett, guitarist/MC/Producer from the House of Fix on Berlins notorious Tresor Label.
- ex resident mike river
- OK, to be picky - John Logie Baird lived AND worked in Hastings - he tested his first TV in Queens Arcade, next to MVC in Hastings. He left after a row with the landlord about an explosion (dangerous, these tellies!) and much later returned to Sussex to retire to Bexhill (what a novel idea ...).
- wayne moore, or should we say dj knockout as he is known!!!!
started on the club scene in around 96, working @ jrs ,saturdays, cloud 10, hastings pier, micky finns pump house, cutter, golden cross, diva, diva 2, sussex arms, frenches, bar moda, has now moved further afield playing in magaluff and now dubai with the likes of paul van dyke, judge jules, and tiesto so watch this space hes gonna be massive!!!!! watch out danny howells and john digweed...
- suggs from madness born here and went to the grove school
kelly le brock actress in "wierd science" was born and bred here
- Danny Howells - big time house DJ started at The Pig in Paradise, so did John Digweed who is has been voted the world no.3 in DJ Mag. Carl Cox lived in Ore (not of himself)Joe Brand comes from Hastings as does Joanna Lumley
- baird was a resident who ever it was up the top that said " no way i was married to his dad or son or cat what ever it was" , try opening a book.!!
- Cradle of Filth (From Battle in Hastings)
- paula yates
- john logie baird lived in bexhill not hastings. just worked in hastings
- Emily'Bouff' Booth, Robert Tressell- socialist writer of 'Ragged Trousered Philanthropist' fame.
- Gareth Barry (Aston Villa and England defender)
John Logie-Baird (invented television in Hastings)
William the conqueror
Michael Yardy (Sussex opening Batsman)
Sean Baldock (Great British 400m runner)
Lee Cornes (Grange Hill's Mr Hankin)
Jo Brand (alleged comedienne)
Paula Yates (moved to Hastings shortly before she died, the two are not linked)
Kevin Ball (former Sunderland captain)
Gwen Watford (actress)
Emily Booth (best looking woman in the world from the late night computer games programme, Bits)
- Watch for old-skool skater Joe "The Pro" Sandland.
- Fiona Pitt Kethley -Poetess and sexy lady lives here or possibly did live here - last time I stalked her house there was a "For Sale" board on it
- The late Paula Yates R.I.P. had a place in the old town just bofore she died.
- Logi Beard-NEVER`,The name`s JOHN LOGIE BAIRD, Ishould know I was once engaged to His great,great,great Nephew.
- the late paula yates lived in my road
- Paula Yates - house in the Old Town. Apart from that, Hastings area boasts Eddie Izzard (Bexhill) and Spike Milligan, Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys)and Paul McCartney in Rye. Oh, and Jo Brand hails from Hastings too!
- ummm, the leader of the Monster Raving looney party, Emma B, and David Bowie (aka ED the BMXer who looks just like bowie when he was in labryinth), and musnt forget "The General"!!!! You may see him riding the streets of Hastings in full combat gear holding a can of supa-T!!!
- Suede record albums in Hastings. Cradle of filth occasionally visit the pig in paradise.
- Elizabeth Palombo, the sand dancer.
- Emma B lives here!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Wheel chair Billy (some local drunk in a wheel chair who is very amusing and now in hastings it is a crime to sell him alcohol, we saw his wife strangling him when we were out skating one day) He's THE local celebrity
- Aleister CROWLEY(Black Witch)
Logi Beard(Inventer of television)
Grey Owl(victorian Conser)
- Jo Brand, the loveable portly comic.
- John Logie-Baird - invetor of the television - a holy ornament
- some dudes frome the montor raving loony party lives above the leather wearhouse in george street
- tivers-the loony lord himself. he's the one with the leopard skin pants who says hello to everyone
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, Nicola Davis, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, louisa, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2012-04-06
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board