Cheap Food in Hastings, East Sussex*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hastings.
- Martin and JACQUIE went from Hoagies 2 to the cult cafe which, in 2002 became HOAGIES....reloaded (another incarnation)in Robertson street and for our sins we are still there to this day, still serving good breakfasts and cafe style food none of your fancy stuff here(25/05/2010)
- Mermaid. Cult cafe
- The Rooms at 33 Western rd has cheap and tasty vegetarian/vegan food in a comfortable vibe!
- Yous is an awesome all-you-can-eat chinese resturant for the student wallet. Its on the road to Bexhill, just before MFI.
- The dug out, Glyne gap. Huge breakfasts, and strong tea!!
- Bor Thong on Claremont (just off the sea front, in between town centre and the pier) is THE best food in the South East. Everything about this restaurant is first class, apart from the low prices. Having moved to Hastings from London a year ago, my wife and I have not found one single eatery of merit in Hastings, until we discovered Bor Thong. The food is simply stunning, everyone in Hastings should know about this place; maybe if people realise that food can be this good, it might make other resaurants in the town make a similar effort. At the weekends £5 will guarantee you the best Thai meal you will find anywhere in the South East. The service is extremely polite and first rate. I CAN NOT COMMEND THIS RESTAUANT HIGHLY ENOUGH.
- The China Parade for daytime food on Grand parade, St Leonards
- Blue Dolphin Fish and Chips, High Street.
- Hoagies for breakfast, definitely!
- pig in paradise pub, door stop sandwiches for £2 each milkshakes (heavenly) for £1.50 yummy!!! scoffers is cheap but hey u getwhatyou payfor!!!!
- Theres also a good place on the corner or Robinson street, good vege food.
The Italian way is so GREAT! Great food, great friendly atmosphere, you may have to ignore the cheesey music, but you can't hear it from all the chatter most nights. It worked out quite cheap too. And the staff are nice to get a long with ;-), but take my word for it, they are all big trouble!
DONT GO TO PIZZA DIRECT! I know what happens to the food, lets just say a bitter aquatence works there and the boss is a slave driver.
- anything just on the out side of town
- Porter's Wine Bar. Swedish place sadly no longer exists?
- the 1 next to jade no matter what your age your always welcome to help yourself to the kids menu eg 4chicken nuggets and chips and a glass of orange 4 £2.60 an the food is well tasty, ha in your face kfc n mcdonalds
- Fabulous new Pizza Delivery/ Takeaway has opened up.
01424 43 33 33
- old town is very good, pig in paradise for grub also
- Go to the Flavours of India
- italian way is fabulouso
- The Old Town is full of decent restaurants
- By the Blue Dolphin. the best greasy chips indeed.Good, hot, crispy and the vinegar sizzzzzzzzzzzles
- The Pig sells huge and I mean HUGE!! sandwiches for £1.99. Packed full of filling. Yum Yum!
- i fucking loads!!! 2 many , scoffers is cool, always gets a window broken every week tho.........
- the hot potato in george street is the best! and cheap
- Cafe Continetal has not existed for 5 years! But in its place at 53 High Street, Hastings OLd Town is the superb Swedish and Seafoos restaurant that goes by the name of "The Swedish Chef Too" (the chef is Swedish!).This 20 cover restaurant provides an excellent range of wonderful seafood, great Swedish dishes, something for the carnivore and provide good dishes for vegetarians and vegans - the whole lot really. They also have a list of nearly 100 vodka's, snaps (the Swedish spelling), liqueurs, and aquavits. Contact them on 01424-713-674 or email email@example.com - for a truely excellent food.
- No Pizza Hut or Burger King (Maccy D wins the day!) but loads of cheap and tasty places to eat, especially the Old Town. Particularly good are Porters (so long as you don't mind waiting to be served!), Fagins and Gannetts. Also, check out the jacket potato place. And for something completely different - Swedish Chef Two - great meatballs and flavoured vodkas. And do we need to mention fish & chips? The ultimate place is The Blue Dolphin on the seafront - never outclassed.
- Usual places. McD's, KFC, etc.
- Sandwich bar near robinson street massive baguettes for about £1.50
- The street is the best place to eat
- had lots of fish and chips all-over town, usually very good(nearness to the sea?)
- Hot Potato or Yates Wine Bar
- the hot potato its in priiory maedow and in george street
- Cafe Royale is a small family resturant in the Hastings town centre. The food is of a very high quality and the prices are quite competitive. The menu range is varied and you can order foods which are not listed, (if they have them and it's not too busy).
- Despite the fact that Hastings only got its first McDonalds in 1989, people didn't starve before then. Maybe they ate at
- Cafe Continental
- Old town. Sweet and Savoury Pancakes.
- The Hot Potatoe
- Best BPs in the world, and very friendly.
- Hoagies 2
- Cheap, filling. Nice Wallpaper, with interesting things hanging on it.
- Fagins in the Old Town is good for pizzas, burgers and things. Good food; friendly; not expensive.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, Nicola Davis, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, louisa, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2010-05-25
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board