Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Hastings, East Sussex*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Hastings.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- The Marina Fountain, 26 Caves Road, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 0BY Rock Music venue, plus accustic nights on Thursday eve
- Has a link to d n b. But mainly rocky emo and folk.
- AVOID the Brass Monkey if possible. Local dive with grotty decor and bad music. Positive points = it has a beer garden, but the bouncers will throw you out of the bar if you stay in the beer garden after you have finished smoking! Unneccesary violence. Bad vibes.
- The Crypt! I've moved away from Hastings now and I never realised I would miss this place. Saturday nights were the best, mixing live music, indie, dance and drum and bass. Thursays are awesome for 80s classics. Chambre Magique was good when it was on in the club under the sea front road by bottle alley. That should be brought back!
- Try the Blackhorse festival!! Oh and the Carlisle if you like bikes and newcastle brown!!
- The Carlisle for classic rock and metal
- crypt is dirt, monkey is ok.
- Punk Rock indie tubman pub, djs = djsuicide nostalgia night oddly he is a goth but he gives hastings a blast from the past on a thursday night! Black Planet(industrial goth) 2nd sat of month and dj super callie on a friday gives us a rock and indie mix
- The infamous CRYPT!!!
- crypt and brass monkey .. get up to date poeple.its 2003
- Wetherspoons and Yates are ok but New years eve, the toilets flooded from upstairs and everyone had piss driped on them. Collussion and Regression are the only hardhouse and dance clubs where everyone gets off their faces and has a care free night. Collusion is now on the peir with wkd local dj's and Regression is a small but usually packed club where Hero's is usually held. Guarenteed good night! : )
- please dont go to g spot in new shoes! carpet v sticky bouncers are nasty too ( dont get me started, but there is a reason the police are always outside thst club and it aint the clubbers!) Choose any of the other places for a good night jr's is closed though!
- The Crypt,and one by the amusement arcades in Old Town
- i know the best club...it just aint finished yet, i think that underground car parking place would make a great club if it was jus full of enough ppl, alternativly i prepose we turn it into like that thing off of fight club (except i wont have a fight with my split personality, i hope)
- Dennies seems to be getting better or is it that all the rest are getting worse?
- Bar Visions - once known as The Chatsworth, and Denies - magnets to the more desperate and violent denizens of the town. Popular with kebab shop workers, taxi drivers and divorcees.
- The pier, The Marina, The Crypt, Fluid
- THE CRYPT
- The Pig was and is no more. Ised to show my distaste for the clubs (mainstream) by walking around them with my walkman on. Now I see that a bar has been set up so that you can plug in to what you want. Harpers is shite. Frenchesis shite.
Trendy bars in Roberstons Stret are shite. Where are the freesylt trance djs with attitude. shut this housey housey oh so lightly crap up i beg! Get the sounds on to the stret and away from the chains.
- Crypt for all the usual suspects
- The Crypt is the only half decent club in Hastings. Loud, cramped, rude bar staff and freaky dancers. Many a great night spent down there!
- Pier Pressure is now shut. the Pier has re-opened with silly little shops.
- well the G-spot is good but a bit xpensive, the crypt is really good tho!
- Very fed-up that Biggles and ID the gay bars are gone! Have had to become teetotal or join up with the Special brew brigade outside McDonalds
- Hastings is not well known as the clubbing capital of the Coast - probably cos there's only about two! The Crypt has some good nights and manages to attract some decent bands, but doesn't have a huge capacity. And then there's, erm, The G Spot - chart stuff and lovely swagging on the walls and that's about all to reccommend it. Oh, and there's a couple of dodgy over-21 style 'clubs' which are good for a laugh, but only very occasionally and with large amounts of alcohol inside you! There was a great club on the Pier, but it closed when the Pier did. Hoping the rich fella currently doing up the Pier will remember to put the club back, and the great music it played.
- Fubar - low capacity, more of a pre-club than an actual end up there for the majority if the night place. Garage, hip hop, 'special' nights, etc.
Crypt - indifferent due to the diversity of its inhabitants. Ranges from happy go luckys to pondlife. 60's, 70's, 80's. And thats just the people who go there. Some punk, rock nights upstairs is the dime bar for the more laidback.
G-spot - strictly 'adults' and Ambrose Hardcourt from southern FM so it seems...
- YYEEESSSSS - I have found the House of Yendor - I got invited there one night when I was out of it skating on the se front - the place rules - they have punk and metal in the main room, DnB in the sub room with a skate ramp!! and playstation on freeplay all night!!!! There is also loads of other stuff going on with people playing with fire and stuff!! How cool is this club!?!? Much respect to everyone at Yendor for providing the best night out I've had since coming to Hastings!!
- There are two places that are half decent - they are the crypt and Fubar - they sometimes (rarely) have punk bands on which is cool - but if you come to the town to skate see if you can find the legendary House of Yendor - the place rules but it's very hard to find out about as everyone is so secretive about it and no -noe knows when the next big thing will go off there!!
- The Crypt, (crapt as known to the inhabitants), it's all right but there are to many townies
- SNAP Club - sexy DJ - Dan the Man Doubledecks and funky music
not bad price either!
- .....? errr AHHH YESSS THE CRYPT
- ID Club (Gay club)
- The best club in Hastings is Pier Pressure, on the pier (where else?). Dennies is a good club if you value your safety. Saturdays is now appealing to an older (25s+) crowd. JR`s is violent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, Nicola Davis, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, louisa, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2009-04-06
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board