Hookup Spots in Hastings, East Sussex*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Hastings.
- well dont think londoners r to blame do u have a look around jobs gone 2 who? guess. looks like a no hope 4 some i have been here 4 2 years from london why has the council given up on st leonards only the town center gets t. l. c. i love hasting go 2 east london and get real
- One of the most popular Hook-up spots is now closed. The launderette White Rock, where alcoholics and drug-heads would hang out.
- Xtrax this place saved me several times over. The naked beach.
- The beach, east of the peir, or the benches by the cricketer statue
- Behind the Fishing boats with a can of warm strongbow.
- My kids favour the amusement arcades or the faiground at pelham place.
- The statue of Queen Victoria on the seafront, you can spot her a mile away she usually has a traffic cone on her head...!
- By the priory meadow shoppnig centre (usually virgin or the crickter statue).
- Outside Substance on Robertson Street.
- There is a great temporary Rock Radio Station called Hastings Rock transmitting throughout May . Also holding a special gig at the Old De Niros in George Street on 11th February 2006 with a live Band (RawPower) and Live Roadshow.
- there is a bloke that i have seen under hastings pier at daytime wanking his cock i know who u r but no going to say the name of the person
but be very careful as he might want u to give him a hand wanking and spunking over your hand
- Got a thing about being gay, eh?
- I'm mainly round the Priory Meadow area and the usual haunts like the fountains, but sometimes in good or bad weather most of my m8s hang at the bit of the beach just before the pier. Sometimes I'm at the bus stop near the Stables.
- we meet up wereva coz the town is so sh¡te that everywere is equally borin, but mostly outside the cinema coz itz vaguely central
- College cantina, st.helens woods, natwest, priory meadows ...
- Warrior square, bottle alley
- Alexandra Park is where the underaged drinkers go with their Lambrini wine and White Lightning bottles. The arcades is where townies go and start fights and do gas and where the caps at a 90 degree angle. Warrior Square for under aged girls to pull refugees! Under the pier to inject smack. Bottle Alley to get pissed.
- · BOY ARE YOU WELL OUT OF DATE
· virgin, mvc
· Who remebers Disc Jockey, the purveyor of mighty fine vinyl in the eighties? Get the vinyl in the day and gate crash the parties at the Chatsworth in the Evening eh? A mighty fine chea half of lager before being thrown out !
· Garage UK unfortunatly closed its doors to walk-in customers a couple of months ago. It was a really good shop - had a good selection of latest dark, 2step, 4-2-the-floor promos and test pressings etc. Darren and his staff were always very helpfull and would do their best to get help you out. They are still around and have a very comprehensive website (garageukvinylstore.co.uk OR .com) You can still talk to Darren and order records by phone on 01424-444944 and if you are "local" AND a good regular customer - he may even let you pick up your vinyl from his home - so no postage to pay!!!
· only 1 man...... on robertsterns st
· can't remember name but it's in george street-sells loads of old nd new records some 4 as little as £2.00 (GONE)
· garage UK records yeah!! guess what style they sell then. a good shop though. but only if you like garage
· "Fat Slobs" @ St Andrews Market. Cheap and Knowledgable on all kinds of tunes, Internet and ordering possible and loads of picture albums, limited edition stuff and vinyl. (TAKEN OVER BY TWO BLOKES LOADS O’ STUFF)
· woolies, MVC, Virgin, St Andrews Market, a few in de old town
· St Andrews market just past priory meadow - has cheap second hand cd's and vinyl. You never know what you might find.
· Al's records (it rules) (GONE)
· Al's records it sells all the metal and punk music of you dreams (GONE)
· Frontier Records, in Robertson Street - Mainly House Music, but you can find some dead interetsting stuff if you look hard enough. (GONE)
· Virgin - can't get any better than this
· The Record Shop, Queens Road (GONE)
Clubs (Dance Music)
· THE CRYPT
· The Pig was and is no more. Ised to show my distaste for the clubs (mainstream) by walking around them with my walkman on. Now I see that a bar has been set up so that you can plug in to what you want. Harpers is shite. Frenchesis shite. Trendy bars in Roberstons Stret are shite. Where are the freesylt trance djs with attitude. shut this housey housey oh so lightly crap up i beg! Get the sounds on to the stret and away from the chains.
· Crypt for all the usual suspects
· The Crypt is the only half decent club in Hastings. Loud, cramped, rude bar staff and freaky dancers. Many a great night spent down there!
· Pier Pressure is now shut. the Pier has re-opened with silly little shops. (GONE)
· well the G-spot is good but a bit xpensive, the crypt is really good tho!
· Very fed-up that Biggles and ID the gay bars are gone! Have had to become teetotal or join up with the Special brew brigade outside McDonalds
· Hastings is not well known as the clubbing capital of the Coast - probably cos there's only about two! The Crypt has some good nights and manages to attract some decent bands, but doesn't have a huge capacity. And then there's, erm, The G Spot - chart stuff and lovely swagging on the walls and that's about all to reccommend it. Oh, and there's a couple of dodgy over-21 style 'clubs' which are good for a laugh, but only very occasionally and with large amounts of alcohol inside you! There was a great club on the Pier, but it closed when the Pier did. Hoping the rich fella currently doing up the Pier will remember to put the club back, and the great music it played.
· Fubar - low capacity, more of a pre-club than an actual end up there for the majority if the night place. Garage, hip hop, 'special' nights, etc. Crypt - indifferent due to the diversity of its inhabitants. Ranges from happy go luckys to pondlife. 60's, 70's, 80's. And thats just the people who go there. Some punk, rock nights upstairs is the dime bar for the more laidback. G-spot - strictly 'adults' and Ambrose Hardcourt from southern FM so it seems... (GONE)
· YYEEESSSSS - I have found the House of Yendor - I got invited there one night when I was out of it skating on the se front - the place rules - they have punk and metal in the main room, DnB in the sub room with a skate ramp!! and playstation on freeplay all night!!!! There is also loads of other stuff going on with people playing with fire and stuff!! How cool is this club!?!? Much respect to everyone at Yendor for providing the best night out I've had since coming to Hastings!!
· There are two places that are half decent - they are the crypt and Fubar - they sometimes (rarely) have punk bands on which is cool - but if you come to the town to skate see if you can find the legendary House of Yendor - the place rules but it's very hard to find out about as everyone is so secretive about it and no -noe knows when the next big thing will go off there!!
· The Crypt, (crapt as known to the inhabitants), it's all right but there are to many townies
· SNAP Club - sexy DJ - Dan the Man Doubledecks and funky music not bad price either!
· .....? errr AHHH YESSS THE CRYPT
· ID Club (Gay club)
· The best club in Hastings is Pier Pressure, on the pier (where else?). Dennies is a good club if you value your safety. Saturdays is now appealing to an older (25s+) crowd. JR`s is violent.
· the crypt.
· THE CARLISLE
· White Rock Pavilion, Shackin Stevens has played here
· Pissarios for those who like live jazz. Good chill out bar with nice food. Not for the young, just the young at heart, mainly inhabited by thirty somethings like ME!
· goerge street hall occasionaly has sum good things but the FILO is really good wen it gets some acts
· Hastings is surprisingly blessed with some fantastic live music venues. The Old Town at the weekend has nearly every pub with live bands - some covers but also lots of original stuff. There's a free beach concert every year with local bands and the beer festival in the park offers delights such as Britney Spears sound-a-likes (OK, so that's not so good!). Basic rule to find decent music is just to wander around lots of pubs!!
· The Crypt and st Marys castle every so often. St MARYS (GONE)
· NEVER!!! apart from the Beer Festival once a year but that is a s**t hole! All it has is tribute bands such as "The Brian Adams Experiance" hmmmm
· The crapt, Street, pig, under the bridge outside mcdonalds
· THE STREET THE CRYPT
BUT LOADS OF PLACES DOING MUSIC NOW
- where all the scary looking goths used to sit all day and stare at oncomers... Virgin (mostly cause if ya m8's r l8 theres loadsa benches to plonk yaself on)
- Hastings is only a short train ride from Rye where you can shop at !Rock-a-Hula!in the Rope Walk Shopping Centre great shiny stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- bottle alley or under the pier with 13-year-old sewdish students
- the town centre is a good place for skateboarders to hang out also there is a skate park here so come along and get involved
- the west hill. or the crypt
- The bench in Swan Terrace
- Linton gardens is a cool place for hangin,Outside bhs and the skylight which is the old skating ring
- Tubman pub 3 minutes from skate park is a regular for most skaters.
- Hastings compared to many cities has an excellent meeting place in the centre. In summer the smell of drains is superb. The old Crypt Bar used to flood at particular high tides in the eighties and early nineties. I remember one particular night when I went for a piss at the Crypt only to find that, because of the tides and heavy rain, the traps and pans where backing up and overflowing. Maybe it has now been rectified? Watch the weather before having a leak now.
- there is outside virgin....... where the r this creche of very young teenagers trying to be alternative an completely fucking it up, making the alternative fucking gay.......
- the fairground in summer- cos u can get a drink or sum food, go on a ride or jst listen 2 the music(for free)
- The arcades and the car-parks on the seafront where we can all be impressed by teenagers' hot hatches!
- This would have to be "The Fountains" on das seafront.
- Hang around Priory Meadow shopping centre, by the statue of the cricketer. Ignore the screaming kids as their mothers beat them to be quiet. Ignore the beggars looking for money for their next can of special brew. Just meet cool people, take a guitar and you should get moved on before happy hour starts in the Pig in Paradise.
- The only hook-up spot worth mentioning is that the whores hang about in Warrior Squre but most Hastings girls are slags.
- The "fountains" and (in the summer) the beach just eastside of the pier.
- The fountains, next to the pier, unless it is raining, then my house
- try the park at the top of the hill near the castle---nice people,walking dogs, lost tourists needing and recieving help(like me!)
- outside Thornton's, Queen's Square
- 'The fountains' near the pier
SAFEWAYS car park
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, Nicola Davis, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, louisa, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2010-05-16
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board