Buskers, Street Entertainers in Hastings, East Sussex*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Hastings.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- See jack in the green
- DUVETMAN legend has it he went to tunbridge wells after a few years in hastings and got beat up and thrown in a river but then week after someone told me this he turned up back in hastings again
- We used to call him wheelchair Billy...
- There was Petra, but she moved to Brighton. She was a great Street Entertainer.
- The many Morris dancers who entertain their way round the town over May bank holiday! The South american panpipe people. An old woman who plays her accordian in the town centre. Check out her leggings!
- Theres was a guy who dressed up in medievil clothes and played the lute, he was awesome, but I havent seen him in years. Plus teh Rainbow tramp, he rides a crappy bike and has dogs with him, and he wears funky clothes.
- The underpass outside argos actually has very musical buskers!!!! thursday is late night shoppingin priory meadows shopping centre and there is always street entertainment from robot horses and brass and rock and roll bands!!!
- CHICO!!!!!! Oh lordy do I love him!
- Huggy Leaver used to play in the Tean Beats and spent his weekends skateboarding around the Town Centre.
Also Simon Fuller of Spice Girl fame went to the Grove School.
- Does anyone know the pegion woman in Warrior Square?! She sits and feeds them, then after a couple of days, when shes got one of them on her lap, she nabs it in her coat! Yumm pegion Pie!! I think she may be dead now, but she was a wierd old bird.. boom boom
- the weirdo woman who plays the accordian, the mormon who nearly killed me with a clipboard (i was in the middle of an ollie for christsake)
- Got to give a shout out to speedy, usually hangs out around bottle alley'seafront, starts a conversation with ANYONE that walks past, you'll soon realise why he's called speedy! Top geezer, knows Hastings inside out, if you're new to the town he soon makes you feel welcome.
- strange old lady wanders around with a pram with a dolly in it all day every day she is really scruffy and just keeps talking to it oblivious to all that are looking at her- Bless also look out for road rat- apparently if you break into his house a tank followed by 10 american trucks chase you away !?!
- gotta b the various hobo who fight 4 the "under the brigde" spot ther're great for jumping over when half asleep, hobo jumping the new sport invented by Mat.W Chris.A and Craig but dont give the hobos money iv seen them esat 1 too many kfcs
- subway in the town
- Go Street livers. The tunnel is a great hanging spot
- avoid them all
- IN THE UNDERGROUND NEAR ARGUS AND ANYWHERE IN THE WALKWAY WHICH IS NEAR MC DONALDS
- yeh under the bridge by maccy d's
- Under the tunnel.
- THe drunks near mac donalds are always entertaining!
- Local street entertaining dance groups... Awalim, Egyptian Mummies, Manhattan Mammas... sometimes seen busking int the town centre, or pub-crawling in aid of a charity (mostly UNICEF) or at village/church/school fetes.
- The Awalim - very popular belly dance troupe, much in demand at festivals, church and village fetes and the like!
The Egyptian Mummies - ladies comedy 'sand dance' troupe
- theres this cool guy who sells the big issue and all of his clothes are made out of hemp...yeah he is real funny
- avoid that woman with the piano accordian
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, Nicola Davis, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, louisa, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2009-04-06
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board