The Best Things in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hebden Bridge.
The Best Things
- It's next door to Mytholmroyd.
- the hare and hounds 5 bean chilli and chips......
- The laid back atmosphere- unlike many West Yorkshire towns there isn't that "lets start on someone" mentality. People are generally polite and the kids are much better behaved than in all the surrounding towns.
- Leaving the apathetic shit hole
- It's great if you're a lesbian but not if you're a hetero-bloke
- Laid back athmosphere, The Trades Club (See band Listings reading Earls Court: London, Nynex Arena Manchester: The Trades Club, Hebden Bridge; NEC: Birmingham), the friendly people, lunch at the packhorse inn next to Top Withens (see the Brontes for literary placement). Walking in the woods/on the Moors, Wildlife, the water, the wild and wonderful mushrooms. The general air of tolerance.
- lively scene, vipa does some quality gear - blueprint rythym, powell, flip, element, tensors, spitfire, dartkstar, indies etc etc etc
no police interference
- That laid-back, tree-hugging, hackey sack kicking, dreadlock wearing, tie dyed vibe. Hebden Bridge is a college town without the college: very reminiscent of Berkeley California, Lawrence Kansas, and Boulder Colorado. It's also a lesbian dormitory town for Leeds and Manchester.
- Watching the tourists suffering in traffic jams on hot summer days.
- its not in L ancashire
- Has to be the tolerant attitudes of the established town inhabitants and the rednecks who populate every alley-way and street.
- The "Lost T Shirts of Atlantis" play for free in my local pub.
- It's really easy to get your name in the local paper - just grow a big leak, or volunteer to coordinate the local arts festival.
- A great mix of people
- Pre-industrial, industrial and working class history
- All the facilities you would expect to see in a much bigger town
- House prices
- Some innovative local projects for example
WWW pages on these and other projects appearing soon
- LEVEL BEST information and Advocacy Services for Disabled People
- Disabled-People's Electronic Village Hall
- Kirklees interactive Telematics Partnership check Kirklees Net WWW pages
- Cyber Coffee mornings
- Cyber Cafe
- CANDo Community Project in Holmfirth
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeremy, A.G.Ackroyd, Cath, Duncan, mark, Darren Fleming, Tool, Nigel, coffee drinker, mike, Raju, Marie, Salford, Steve Gligorovic, mabel blue, Catherine Loza de Wilding, Gareth, tony allen, generic, t christian, Seej, Claire, Katie, CVV, Anna Quine, R MacRae, aaron bell, ella lister, Jak, rob, IZZGOOD, josh, keith, tom, Gareth Owen Parry, kierybob, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cath Burnett, mike wright, sophie matilda, moose, boz, Tony Preston, Andrew Hall, wally, G Man, Bukowskian, Brenda Godfrey, simon trapp, Inger Gabrielsen, Dominic McElroy, Mick West, Dave Boardman, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hebden Bridge
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hebden Bridge Knowhere Board