Cheap Food in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hebden Bridge.
- Eatern Spice at Market Street provides Asian and British Foods in just £3.50 for the entire meal. Discounts given to the bulk order and for the order more than £28.
- The Eastern Spice in Hebden Bridge is certainly cheap, but the food was not very good, the water we got along with the wine was tepid and the owner did not seem to like to have customers!
- No actually very cheap one but restaurant called Hebdens in one of the best ones I've ever visited. Try their creamy risotto and you know what heaven tastes like!
- Either of the 2 excellent chip shops
- Cafe Trades - free Jazz plus good food, none members needs to sign in and pay a pound. full listings at www.tradesclub.info
- Tasty Bites for the best prices and biggest sarnies in town. I would say that as I work there...
- The restaurant in the Birchcliffe centre is called "Laughing Gravy" and, as you said, the food really is exellent - and I'm not a vegi.
- For it's size, Hebden has a very great variety of eateries, from the Worryingly named Hu-Man Cinese take away (one of the best in the country), to the Tapas Bar, to the italian seafood resteraunt Il Milinos, to the White Lion Pub serving traditional English pub lunches. These lunches being almost as nice as the Food Seved at the Packhorse Inn, perhaps the greatest pub lunch in England (no exaggeration). There are a whole host of other resteraunts for all tastes, from the almost gourmet Kitty's, to the cheap but not too nasty Hole in the wall (free dinner when you buy a Pint at certain time of the evening)
3 chip shops at various venues
shitloads of restaurants
- Plenty of Indian takeaways, Greek, Italian etc.
- Birchliffe centre has restaurant that only opens on fri- sat for one sitting. All vegitarian or vegan. Great place.
- Eastern Spice.yum yum yum!
- My wife and I along with my wife's sister and her husband spent two weeks in the summer of '95 in Hebden Bridge (actually we stayed in Lower Slack) at the top of the hill above Heptonstahl (sp?). We had a wonderful time. If you to the Watergate Tea Room please say hello to our friend Debbie. We thought the country-side was beautiful.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeremy, A.G.Ackroyd, Cath, Duncan, mark, Darren Fleming, Tool, Nigel, coffee drinker, mike, Raju, Marie, Salford, Steve Gligorovic, mabel blue, Catherine Loza de Wilding, Gareth, tony allen, generic, t christian, Seej, Claire, Katie, CVV, Anna Quine, R MacRae, aaron bell, ella lister, Jak, rob, IZZGOOD, josh, keith, tom, Gareth Owen Parry, kierybob, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cath Burnett, mike wright, sophie matilda, moose, boz, Tony Preston, Andrew Hall, wally, G Man, Bukowskian, Brenda Godfrey, simon trapp, Inger Gabrielsen, Dominic McElroy, Mick West, Dave Boardman, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hebden Bridge
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hebden Bridge Knowhere Board