Skateboarding Spots in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Hebden Bridge.
- Skate on Mr Mike Parrys front lawn
- the new concrete skatepark!. come to hebden bridge to skate. there are spots. pretty rough but theres some stuff. hubba ledge. walls , drops, benches. the park!
- erm skate park to b buil sooon!!!
- There aint really much left in Hebden nowdays, anti-skaters have stuck loads of little stones to the floor of the Doctors Surgery so there isnt really anywhere to skate when its wet, The people of Riverside school have decided to put up a large fence to stop us skating there(hopefully we'll bust in soon). the only place still skateable seems to be the car park at Grand Slam(down the road from the doctors) theres a wall and a few grates on the floor to do stuff over and we've usually got a girder or block to skate. The peeps are all nice (well, most of them)so if your ever in the neighbourhood, pop down and skate with us.Other than Grand Slam there are a few minor skate spots like The Vale Center which has a little gap to trick across, The Train Station which has a curb and a bench, Outside Riverside dreaming of the days when we might skate it again, The paddling pool in the park and Stubbins School(sundays only) theres a bench and some flat ground, but its a mission getting in. and of course theres Mytholm, plenty of stuff there. bit rough ground though.
- SPOTS - well thre are many spots here the most common i dare say "the dokz" i hate that place but its the most commonly skated uhh place. other spots most skated by the real skaters to this day are riverside (school),loads of benches and the best surface ever , "padderz" the park paddling pool , tricks up and down nice lines. the train station , fairly high nice bench .. pretty ground down to this bench accasionally put down the curb fr the effect of a down hill grind. the cinema ,, steps to grind which obviously get higher and higher ,also there is a cobbled gap of red bumpy things.
- Just a quick up-date on the sateboard theme. There is once more at the tail end of 2001 talk of providing a skate board park and there are still a small number of dedicated skaters around.
- Lots more skaters on the scene than there used to be.
- still no skate park and its 2001 but fundraising nights happen in the Trades club and there are plans afoot - just waiting for planning permission
- There seems to be a growing crowd of young Skaters hanging out outside the health centre on valley road, no doubt waiting for some kind of facilities to finally be put in place that are better than the wooden board on bricks currently in place.
- Cinema - steps, smooth surface, handrail, (traffic light box is open so you can manipulate them when jamie does the hand rail)
doctors surgery - loads of stuff over the wall to get out - rails, boxes etc, kerbs a plenty and lots of stuff to ollie onto/off
the egg factory - funbox (makeshift), girders to grind, wall to ollie over, many rails and ramps in the skip
the station - vast extent of smooth tarmac, bench and kerbs
- Rumour has it that one is going to be built in the year 2000!
- In your dreams. Hardly a skating hot-bed, I can assure you.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeremy, A.G.Ackroyd, Cath, Duncan, mark, Darren Fleming, Tool, Nigel, coffee drinker, mike, Raju, Marie, Salford, Steve Gligorovic, mabel blue, Catherine Loza de Wilding, Gareth, tony allen, generic, t christian, Seej, Claire, Katie, CVV, Anna Quine, R MacRae, aaron bell, ella lister, Jak, rob, IZZGOOD, josh, keith, tom, Gareth Owen Parry, kierybob, email@example.com, Cath Burnett, mike wright, sophie matilda, moose, boz, Tony Preston, Andrew Hall, wally, G Man, Bukowskian, Brenda Godfrey, simon trapp, Inger Gabrielsen, Dominic McElroy, Mick West, Dave Boardman, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Hebden Bridge
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hebden Bridge Knowhere Board