The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Hemel Hempstead.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- CHAVS, LOTS OF CHAVS. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
- On a full moon, when the wind is blowing in a north easterly direction and the humidity is low, you can almost hear the love in the air all around hemel. I just finished reading the biography, Nadia Siekierska, 'Foe or Ho' and in it she says that Hemel was the best place she visited on her world tour. We're all a real credit to our town!
- What about a John Lewis Shop. Better than debenhams
- we need more gay/lesbian venues in hemel like pubs and clubs because there isn't a single one.
- Hemel needs a lounge sort of bar where bands can play and i can get away from my family. No 'youth club' efforts though please
- Jobs in Hemel
I hope no-one's upset by this, but I work for a company operating on a bit of an advertising shoestring...
If you want to look for jobs in the Hemel area, I suggest you try us at this URL: http://www.workinhemel.co.uk
Unlike other sites, we're trying to get a useful number of jobs, not just 4 within 50 miles.
You can sign up for regular job list emails at http://www.workinhemel.co.uk/UserJobs/JobAlertInfo.asp
Even better (for us!) if you're trying to recruit around Hemel, please try http://www.workinhemel.co.uk/Help/JobClientInfo.asp or just go to http://www.workinhemel.co.uk and click 'Advertise Job', just £25 to advertise a job.
- People = Shit
- The modern history of Hemel: (may help you understand some other comments!) Most
of Hemel was built to house overspill from London, the newer developments house
employees of the numerous big companies based here that have been shipped in from
elsewhere. That means a lot of people in Hemel are here because they have been
"put" here. Thats why there's so much attitude and nothing to do!! If you can
afford to go out elsewhere you do, if you can't, you don't and you're pissed off
- How about something for the Youth. We are a Scout Troop in Hemel Hempstead. You can find out lot's more by going to our website at www.3rdboxmoor.fsnet.co.uk
SL 3rd Boxmoor Scout Troop.
- I have lived in Hemel Hempstead for over a year now and although it is very scenic place to live it can be very, very boring for 18-25 year olds. There only seem to be 2 or 3 decent pubs and the average age of people in nightclubs seems to be about 15-19. Although Jarman park is a good idea in theory (encompassing Nightclubs, Ice Rink, Swimming pool, Pizza place, Cinema, Bars etc, etc.) it is full of dodgy boy-racer types and 'Sharon's'.
- If you think Hemel is bad, check out the Stevenage site!
- Do you know that the tourist information office in the Marlowes actually sell postcards of the magic roundabout? Says it all really.
- Hemel's not a bad place really. Okay, so there's a few shitty clubs dotted about, but the new ones at Jarman Fields aren't that bad. I like the old town - nice pubs, nice women, and all round top place. "The Rose and Crown" was the pub I use to go to, but then I started going to the "Basement Bar".
- I lived in Hemel. I lived in Norwich. Compare the two entries in the Knowhere guide and you'll see what the difference is. Say no more.
- Who decided the colour scheme for Jarman Park? Are they colour blind or just have no taste or sense of colour? It's just an eyesore. The only good thing about it is, I can stagger home within 5 mins, (negotiating with the Dual Carriage Way) and where else can you get a M'Shake at 4.00am in the morning in this part of town??
- If (like me) you're a BMXer who's found this page, then there's dirt trails in Potten End (a village not far from Hemel) which are cool. Little Heath Woods near the nursery/garden centre.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: SHARON & PAUL, David Kan, Tanya & Tom, Tom Walsh, rickieb, roy william higgins, jen, Gav, marin Joshak, james, Ness Heduan, Ann2shoes, Simon D., Lord deshpande, Paul Armstrong, Craig, grahamJ, claire, firstname.lastname@example.org, Robbyn C Snow, Mat Behr, geebee, Louise Mitchell, D, Kerri, Ant, The Queen, knightrider, Jason FM, Christain Rudolf, John Crispin, Gary Blackman, Pissed, owen, will, ellie rose, jason, Osama bin Laden, Alan, Steve and Stuart., Gordon Miller, Richard Pryor, atol terberry, mlloyd, charlie wardle, zot, WB, chris, omen, 'Tone', ritchard Edwards, lee, Ricardo Vega, jackie s., Melanie, ian, xXxX becca xXxX, emma, Narinka Katinka, Kerri dobson, Charlotte Przeslak, generic, Jon B, ruth, Barbara Cunningham, Graham H, Michael, Debbie, Russell, Steven Tuhey, emma hodgson, Caz, smellen, forbesy, Jay Milburn, Stephen Bailey, julz, Neil McCarroll, Linda Smith, Terry Christie, swilliam, Zahir Ahmed, Nifty, lee biggerstaff
Last updated: 2010-05-06
More stuff about Hemel Hempstead
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hemel Hempstead Knowhere Board